Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2017-NFL-Draft-Day-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Whatever - 04-27-2017

Well, John Ross's personal bxtch gets drafted Top 20.

***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 04-27-2017

Howard still on the board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Benton - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:10 PM)Beaker Wrote:
He did run that 4.22 post surgery so I'm not concerned about the knees
. And he is larger than Desean Jackson and Antonio Brown. I do have concerns due to his list of injuries, that raises durability issues in my mind. But many kids have had injuries in college and not been injury prone in the pros. With better conditioning and nutrition in the pros, sometimes that makes a big difference. Remember Anthony Munoz had glaring knee problems coming out of USC.

I guess mmy issue is what happens when he gets tackled at the knees?

Running untouched isn't the issue. Can he handle a DB twisting that leg?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-27-2017

I'd imagine CB for OSU (Conley) is hating that night he went out

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Shake n Blake - 04-27-2017

I've admittedly been one of the most negative posters this off-season, yet I'm apparently one of the only ones that loves this pick. Irony. I also find it odd that so many lamented the loss of MLJ and acted unenthused about LaFell/Boyd, yet are now ticked that we took a top WR.

No matter where you stand on the pick...This is not debatable: Offense was the problem last year. Aside from blocking, the 2nd biggest problem has been lack of playmakers outside of AJ Green and lack of speed anywhere else. Ross addresses those issues big time.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - NATI BENGALS - 04-27-2017

I hope some surprise first rounders start going off the board

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Goalpost - 04-27-2017

Ross won his match up with Adoree Jackson

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - jfkbengals - 04-27-2017

Is the lack of OL picks an indictment of the spread offense's inability to prepare linemen?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - coachmcneil71 - 04-27-2017

Guys!! There are several awesome pass rushers left. We're sitting pretty at the moment. Unless there is a huge run on pass rushers.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Atomic Orange - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am still holding out hope the Bengals get 25th for AJM and grab Howard or Lamp.  

Prediction. Giants get Howard.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - The Real Deal - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:22 PM)Benton Wrote: I guess mmy issue is what happens when he gets tackled at the knees?

Running untouched isn't the issue. Can he handle a DB twisting that leg?

Didn't he handle that all of last season at Washington?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-27-2017

Bucs go Cook?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - ShowMeUrTDs - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:16 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Davis and Williams going ahead of them probably changed the asking price. Marvin said Trubisky going #2 changed a lot of people's strategies. 

Many analyst had Trubisky going in the top three! Continued giggles ignorance.....that is if you believe anything that comes out of his mouth!

I have no prob with the Ross pick, if they are looking for the game changer, I do have a problem when two of the three picks behind you were traded and you could of possibly gained something and still gotten your man!

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - CJD - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: Well, John Ross's personal bxtch gets drafted Top 20.

Haha, do we play Tennessee this year?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - GodFather - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've admittedly been one of the most negative posters this off-season, yet I'm apparently one of the only ones that loves this pick. Irony. I also find it odd that so many lamented the loss of MLJ and acted unenthused about LaFell/Boyd, yet are now ticked that we took a top WR.

No matter where you stand on the pick...This is not debatable: Offense was the problem last year. Aside from blocking, the 2nd biggest problem has been lack of playmakers outside of AJ Green and lack of speed anywhere else. Ross addresses those issues big time.

I think you would be right but with his injury history how can you not question we have Effect at WR now and will see him on the sidelines more than the field? We won't know one way or the other until the season starts but Cincy has a problem taking chances in one fashion or another that hasn't panned out with 1st and 2nd round choices. 

I see the potential and its exciting but you can't ignore those injuries either.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Bengal Dude - 04-27-2017

jfkbengals Wrote:Is the lack of OL picks an indictment of the spread offense's inability to prepare linemen?

Lap said that watching college OL film is painful. Most guys are terrible and have virtually no technique. A lot of OL coaches have said it's frustrating how unprepared most of these guys are when coming into the league. 

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Beaker - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:21 PM)EatonFan Wrote: We need a guard in the 2nd round now and a developmental OT in a later round.

Mixon in the 2nd.

I am warming to Ross more and more after seeing guys who we thought were better being passed on by everyone. You know, the amount of mock drafts and pre draft garbage info often jades our knowledge. We only know what the talking heads tell us. The real talent evaluators in the NFL are seeming to validate us taking Ross over those other guys.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Big Boss - 04-27-2017

Since the Bengals went offense with their first pick, I'm hoping they don't take Mixon in the second. Go defense and then pick up a RB in the third.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - PikesPeakUC - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:26 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Haha, do we play Tennessee this year?

Yep.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - jfkbengals - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:25 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Prediction. Giants get Howard.

As long as he doesn't go in our division