Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2017-NFL-Draft-Day-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - StoneTheCrow - 04-27-2017

I ***** hate espn.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Shake n Blake - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: I think you would be right but with his injury history how can you not question we have Effect at WR now and will see him on the sidelines more than the field? We won't know one way or the other until the season starts but Cincy has a problem taking chances in one fashion or another that hasn't panned out with 1st and 2nd round choices. 

I see the potential and its exciting but you can't ignore those injuries either.

I think Ross was a top 12 pick no matter what, so I think the injuries are being overstated by those who don't like the pick anyway. I have to do more research (I'm working), but when did these injuries occur? 2 years ago? And since then he's produced one of the finest seasons in Washington history (1150 yards + 17 TDs) then went on to break the combine speed record?

I'd say he's ok. The shoulder thing sounds minor.

I seriously thought people would be a tad more upbeat. The Bengals never draft speed and they just took possibly the fastest man to ever lace them up. Plus he's a complete WR. The injuries are a concern, but I think people are blowing it up into more than it really is. If it were that bad, mocks would've had him slipping instead of climbing.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Benton - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:29 PM)Beaker Wrote: That's true with every WR in the NFL. 

We just drafted every receiver? Or a receiver at 9 with a history of injury concerns?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - jfkbengals - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: Everyone talks about all the weapons GB used to have when they won their last super bowl. We can be that. I prefered a Wr after a tradeback but if you were okay with one at 15 you really should be okay with one at 9.

And if I recall correctly, their Oline left a lot to be desired that year.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:13 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Lots of speed that wont be utilized due to our QB spending the majority of the game on his back.

That, plus they won't play him on special teams. 

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:32 PM)Benton Wrote: That's part of my issue.

I was ok with LaFell. Good Addition. I was ok with Boyd. I would've liked a few other guys, but Boyd fit a need.

Which is why I'm baffled on Ross.

Are we just writing off Boyd? You know Green & LaFell are starters. We rarely don't play a top 10 player, so unless Ross is as injured as he appears to be, hell start. 

Soooo... we just shuffle Boyd down to nowhere? Core, who seemed to be decent?

This pick leaves me wondering if the team knows WTF they're doing. You've got to go all the way back to Green to really find a firtst round pick that's lived up to the position. I'm not seeing where Ross is any different than the last five years of clueless drafting.

My Guess:  They cut LaFell at some point.  They are high on Boyd.  Core has been solid.  

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Beaker - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:37 PM)Benton Wrote: We just drafted every receiver? Or a receiver at 9 with a history of injury concerns?

Every WR in the NFL is one wrong knee twist away.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - J24 - 04-27-2017

I was ok with LaFell. Good Addition. I was ok with Boyd. I would've liked a few other guys, but Boyd fit a need.

Are we just writing off Boyd? You know Green & LaFell are starters. We rarely don't play a top 10 player, so unless Ross is as injured as he appears to be, hell start. 

This pick leaves me wondering if the team knows WTF they're doing. You've got to go all the way back to Green to really find a firtst round pick that's lived up to the position. I'm not seeing where Ross is any different than the last five years of clueless drafting.
Lafell has to be the one to move out of the starting lineup right.

(04-27-2017, 11:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think Ross was a top 12 pick no matter what, so I think the injuries are being overstated by those who don't like the pick anyway. I have to do more research (I'm working), but when did these injuries occur? 2 years ago? And since then he's produced one of the finest seasons in Washington history (1150 yards + 17 TDs) then went on to break the combine speed record?

I'd say he's ok. The shoulder thing sounds minor.

I seriously thought people would be a tad more upbeat. The Bengals never draft speed and they just took possibly the fastest man to ever lace them up. Plus he's a complete WR. The injuries are a concern, but I think people are blowing it up into more than it really is. If it were that bad, mocks would've had him slipping instead of climbing.

The pertinent question is, does he have the biggest hands in the draft?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BengalFanInNJ - 04-27-2017

They took Ross because he can also play CB.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Big Boss - 04-27-2017

Couldn't they move LaFell and Boyd into the slot? Core can be a backup wideout.

***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 04-27-2017

Foster is sliding due to shoulder issues according to mayock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(04-27-2017, 11:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That, plus they won't play him on special teams. 

Didn't they already say he will have return opportunities?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - SHRacerX - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:33 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: If they did, who would you take?

Well. even though they seem very set with Ced at LT, I would take Cam Robinson.  If he competes and beats Ced at LT, you have improved the position.  If Ced rises to the competition and wins, you have improved LT and you have Robinson for RG where he could be an all-pro.

I would also strongly consider a guy like Hooker if he falls that far, or the best DE that is there like Tak Mckinley, TJ Watt, or Charles Harris.

That is more likely what the Bengals would do...they feel good with Ced, but I am more skeptical.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BonnieBengal - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:37 PM)Benton Wrote: We just drafted every receiver? Or a receiver at 9 with a history of injury concerns?

Lately, if our first round pick isn't injured when we draft him, he gets injured later anyway.  

I love the idea of Ross's speed paired with Green.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-27-2017

Mayock said he heard some troubling news about Foster and the shoulder today. He didn't want to mention it until now

Looking like Foster will a second rounder...

***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:38 PM)J24 Wrote: Lafell has to be the one to move out of the starting lineup right.

Doesn't lafell's deal make it easy, or at easier, to cut lafell after this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - eoxyod - 04-27-2017

Boyd is going to live in the slot, which is still essentially starting. LaFell and Ross will alternate snaps. LaFell's contract is essentially a one year deal that will let us cut bait next year. Ease Ross' snaps in and we still have excellent playmaking ability, plus injury insurance in case any of the other guys get hurt. Core isn't going to be good. He's destined to be a back of the roster player

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BengalFanInNJ - 04-27-2017

I'd take a chance on Foster in the 2nd round.