Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2017-NFL-Draft-Day-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-27-2017

If Browns trade 25th to Bengals for AJM do the Bengals grab Robinson?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Beaker - 04-27-2017

What if the browns don't get a QB by the end of tonight?

Would the browns give us the first pick in the 2nd for AJM?

Imagine if Foster falls to the 2nd...we could take Foster at 33 and Mixon at 41. Then still pick up a really good DE in the 3rd....Gonzalez in the 5th. That would make this a really terrific draft after all.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Benton - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: My Guess:  They cut LaFell at some point.  They are high on Boyd.  Core has been solid.  

I dunno. Marvin loves vets. He'll play LaFell at lest this year. If he does marginally well, Marvin will keep him. High pick means Ross plays if he's physically able. Which means (most likely) Boyd and Core are relegated to backups.

(04-27-2017, 11:38 PM)Beaker Wrote: Every WR in the NFL is one wrong knee twist away.

Mellow

Ok. That's kind of irrelevant. But, yeah. And every lineman is a knee injury away, every defensive player a concussion away, every QB a bad golf swing away... etc.

Not really relevant to a guy who has injury concerns, but... yeah. All NFL players are an injury away.

(04-27-2017, 11:38 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: They took Ross because he can also play CB.

I thought I was drunk.

Hilarious

***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 04-27-2017

Njoku to giants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - matmaven - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:38 PM)J24 Wrote: Lafell has to be the one to move out of the starting lineup right.

Unless he gets hurt, there is no way Ross starts ahead of Lafell this year.  3 and 4 WR sets yes.

Will be pleasantly surprised if the Bengals OL provides enough protection to allow Dalton to wait on deep routes to Ross.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Au165 - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:44 PM)Beaker Wrote: What if the browns don't get a QB by the end of tonight?

Imagine if Foster falls to the 2nd...we could take Foster at 33 and Mixon at 41. Then still pick up a really good DE in the 3rd....Gonzalez in the 5th. That would make this a really terrific draft after all.

I have said for over a month!

If an early run on QBs happen watch for the browns to call the Bengals with pick 33 Friday. I think it may happen.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Shake n Blake - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:32 PM)Benton Wrote: That's part of my issue.

I was ok with LaFell. Good Addition. I was ok with Boyd. I would've liked a few other guys, but Boyd fit a need.

Which is why I'm baffled on Ross.

Are we just writing off Boyd? You know Green & LaFell are starters. We rarely don't play a top 10 player, so unless Ross is as injured as he appears to be, hell start. 

Soooo... we just shuffle Boyd down to nowhere? Core, who seemed to be decent?

This pick leaves me wondering if the team knows WTF they're doing. You've got to go all the way back to Green to really find a firtst round pick that's lived up to the position. I'm not seeing where Ross is any different than the last five years of clueless drafting.

I was ok with those guys, but far from thrilled. LaFell was a good stopgap. I feel they panicked when all the WRs came off the board before their round 1 pick, which led to forcing the Boyd pick. Boyd is like a younger LaFell. Sound WR probably best suited for the slot. Ross is the guy we needed. A guy that seriously addresses the spot and gives us a thread if Eifert and AJ go down (which tends to happen).

Plus by the time it's time to resign Ross, it'll be time for Green to retire.

This also gives us great depth at WR for the first time in years, which is something I've complained about since I joined the old boards. We haven't been 4 deep at WR since 2005ish.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Whatever - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:38 PM)J24 Wrote: Lafell has to be the one to move out of the starting lineup right.

LaFell is a better deep threat than Boyd, so I see him playing outside when Ross is in the slot and Boyd playing slot when Ross is outside.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:44 PM)matmaven Wrote: Unless he gets hurt, there is no way Ross starts ahead of Lafell this year.  3 and 4 WR sets yes.

Will be pleasantly surprised if the Bengals OL provides enough protection to allow Dalton to wait on deep routes to Ross.

With Ross you don't have to wait. Read the D presnap and go

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BengalFanInNJ - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:44 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Njoku to giants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engram

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Ross said in an interview he actually ran faster after surgery.  I think the Bengals offense needed something and they drafted someone with nuke potential on special teams and seem routes. I think some fans may under estimate how good Ross is at running routes.  This means Dalton can throw a ball to a spot; even if he knows he is going down,
and Ross will be exactly where he should be.

This is music to my ears. Don't know why all these guys got so much noise in theirs.

(04-27-2017, 11:20 PM)eoxyod Wrote: They gave him super knees

Dude is bionic man.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Benton - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was ok with those guys, but far from thrilled. LaFell was a good stopgap. I feel they panicked when all the WRs came off the board before their round 1 pick, which led to forcing the Boyd pick. Boyd is like a younger LaFell. Sound WR probably best suited for the slot. Ross is the guy we needed. A guy that seriously addresses the spot and gives us a thread if Eifert and AJ go down (which tends to happen).

Plus by the time it's time to resign Ross, it'll be time for Green to retire.

This also gives us great depth at WR for the first time in years, which is something I've complained about since I joined the old boards. We haven't been 4 deep at WR since 2005ish.

To the bold, I hope you're right. But my gut is, by the time Green retires, Ross will be on the  Eifert track who, at best, will be doing kick returns.

(04-27-2017, 11:44 PM)Beaker Wrote: What if the browns don't get a QB by the end of tonight?

The Bengals won't trade McCarron for less than a 1st, supposedly.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - CJD - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Browns trade 25th to Bengals for AJM do the Bengals grab Robinson?

I don't think the Bengals draft an offensive lineman any time soon.

They will live and die with Fisher and Ogbuehi.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-27-2017

Wasn't crazy about Ross at #9, but initial disappointment aside....AJ-Boyd-Ross is gonna be scary.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:48 PM)Benton Wrote: To the bold, I hope you're right. But my gut is, by the time Green retires, Ross will be on the  Eifert track who, at best, will be doing kick returns.

Eifert would be terrible at returning kicks

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - jfkbengals - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:48 PM)Benton Wrote: To the bold, I hope you're right. But my gut is, by the time Green retires, Ross will be on the  Eifert track who, at best, will be doing kick returns.
Eifert will never be doing kick returns..

Smirk

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Atomic Orange - 04-27-2017

Giants settled lol

(04-27-2017, 11:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Browns trade 25th to Bengals for AJM do the Bengals grab Robinson?

I would guess Charlton, McDowell, or Cook.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wasn't crazy about Ross at #9, but initial disappointment aside....AJ-Boyd-Ross is gonna be scary.

Add Eifert and Gio