Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2017-NFL-Draft-Day-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BURROWorBUST - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 03:33 PM)kevin Wrote: Mike Brown drafting a kicker here shows a total lack of respect for O Linemen and understanding of the draft.  Mike Browns constant lack of respect for blocking towards, Montoya, Steinbach, Whitworth, Zeitler and now not drafting an O Lineman, even taking a kicker ahead of O Line.....when we need O Line.......Mike Brown doesn't have a clue.....Dalton is going to get killed and so will McCarron and all these pass targets will never get the ball. There will be no blocking to get them the ball, thanks to Mike Brown and his no respect for blocking.

I wanted a kicker in 5, but your point is valid. Mikey Boy is buddies with PA. PA tells him the Oline great, and so Mickey just believes. 

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Essex Johnson - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 03:25 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Why not Gonzalez?

Why not Elliot ... it is called scouting ... they just feel he fits better, bottom line, they picked one of the top kickers coming out of college instead of taking a FA

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - JumboTron - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 03:30 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: So they aren't going to talk about the kicker at all on NFLn.....

Well if there is one player the fan tuning in wants to know about it's a Kicker from Memphis. 

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - WhoDeyandtheBlowFish - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 03:33 PM)kevin Wrote: Mike Brown drafting a kicker here shows a total lack of respect for O Linemen and understanding of the draft.  Mike Browns constant lack of respect for blocking towards, Montoya, Steinbach, Whitworth, Zeitler and now not drafting an O Lineman, even taking a kicker ahead of O Line.....when we need O Line.......Mike Brown doesn't have a clue.....Dalton is going to get killed and so will McCarron and all these pass targets will never get the ball. There will be no blocking to get them the ball, thanks to Mike Brown and his no respect for blocking.

We drafted Andre Smith Top 10.  We drafted Zeitler 1st round. Ogbuegi 1st round. Fisher 2nd round. .... So it's not like we don't covet oline talent.

The talent just isn't there for OL in this draft.  

Besides.  K lost us more games than OL last year IMO

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 04-29-2017

We got it Kevin. You feel you know more than MB, ML, PA, KZ, Urban, our RB coach and our director of scouting Tobin

Or maybe, they have not felt the guys in this draft would help us in 2017 or 2018. Why draft guys in top 5 rounds if chances are they are cut?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - TKUHL - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 03:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: We have a slew of 4th and later depth guys on the o line is guess you can't name. It has nothing to do with that.

That's not the point. You still have to bring guys in to compete.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 03:31 PM)Synric Wrote: I hate the pick not because they don't need a kicker they do....it's just thr fact they had to draft a kicker. It makes you a little ill...

I know what you mean, almost seems a waste. But that's more as kickers are undervalued, seen as dime a dozen and fairly worthless due to the lack of downs they play. Really though, kickers win/lose a lot of games. I'd never be for us using an early draft pick on one, I think a good one in the 5th is about right.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 03:35 PM)Shady Wrote: I wanted a kicker in 5, but your point is valid. Mikey Boy is buddies with PA. PA tells him the Oline great, and so Mickey just believes. 

LOL

Come on, so you are saying our OC who is boss of PA puts his job on the line (failure) because PA is a buddy of MB. Sorry, makes no sense

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BonnieBengal - 04-29-2017

Disagree.  How many times has a so so kicker lost us a game?  We don't put enough emphasis on the kicking game.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - The Real Deal - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 03:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Why not Elliot ... it is called scouting ... they just feel he fits better, bottom line, they picked one of the top kickers coming out of college instead of taking a FA

Calm down junior

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - NATI BENGALS - 04-29-2017

Still a good number of OL that could help us

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - kentuck1163 - 04-29-2017

Elliott is a smart and extremely athletic kid.

From Chicago Tribune:

"Golf? He can drive a ball more than 300 yards.

Bowling? He regularly rolls in the high 200s.

Baseball? He was the shortstop on Western Springs' Little League state championship team in 2007."

Also before football, his passion was tennis and he was VERY good....

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BonnieBengal - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 03:38 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I know what you mean, almost seems a waste. But that's more as kickers are undervalued, seen as dime a dozen and fairly worthless due to the lack of downs they play. Really though, kickers win/lose a lot of games. I'd never be for us using an early draft pick on one, I think a good one in the 5th is about right.

I would spend a first round draft pick on Justin Tucker, knowing what I know now.  He turns nothing into three points.  A lot.

***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 04-29-2017

Ravens with a good, sensible pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Whatever - 04-29-2017

This is a horrible OL draft, however.  There's a reason why there was a record low for OL taken in the first two rounds. Why waste picks on guys who aren't any better than what we have?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Au165 - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 03:37 PM)TKUHL Wrote: That's not the point. You still have to bring guys in to compete.

Or, we don't feel those guys available could. However te kicker can.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Essex Johnson - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 03:09 PM)kevin Wrote: ESPN Kiper has the Texas A&M guard on the top 10 ....CBS SPORTS has Utah guard, Florida State tackle, West Virginia center,Miami Florida guard.....Thats 5 O Linemen going into round 5....I have no idea who Bengals covet at O line, but it is way past time to draft him....All these finesse players don't mean jack if we can't block.

Actually the speed they are acquiring and the stud RB will help a line not hurt it.. plus im guessing they feel Johnson a veteran and Westerman are better served with experience on this team than any 4/5 pick.  As for tackle they are going with their high draft picks plus veterans to back them up with Winston and Smith if needed.  Center was a weak draft this year especially after first couple.. so i figured maybe a center in rounds 4 to 6. 

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - JumboTron - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 03:39 PM)kentuck1163 Wrote: Elliott is a smart and extremely athletic kid.

From Chicago Tribune:

"Golf? He can drive a ball more than 300 yards.

Bowling? He regularly rolls in the high 200s.

Baseball? He was the shortstop on Western Springs' Little League state championship team in 2007."

Also before football, his passion was tennis and he was VERY good....

I mean that's cool, but they probably could've left out the bowling stats in terms of it showcasing some sort of "athletic" ability.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 03:39 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I would spend a first round draft pick on Justin Tucker, knowing what I know now.  He turns nothing into three points.  A lot.

I think in hindsight I could almost agree. I would however, despise that pick the minute it was made lol.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - kevin - 04-29-2017

Bengals all the way back to pick 176 before they can draft some O Line help.....They may get lucky, I hope they do.....There is no guarantee Mike Brown drafts O Line at pick 176......If they can get a decent O Lineman, I like this draft.....If they don't get a decent O Lineman soon, This is not a good draft. They have not addressed their biggest need, and the Big Boys of talent are getting few. We should have went O Line in 3 or 4.....this is getting Mike Brown stupid.