Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach (/Thread-Latest-Zac-Taylor-could-be-Bengals-new-head-coach)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - psychdoctor - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:01 PM)mon4078 Wrote: I believe you are thinking about the year before Taylor was hired. I think the year he was OC they avg around 350 yards and 18 points a game.

nope. It was under Taylor.  

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - McC - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:02 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I have a boner.

If it lasts more than four hours, consult a physician.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - Luvnit2 - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:01 PM)McC Wrote: Or maybe just not say it at all.  You know, the non-***** way.

So if fans disagree with you they are just supposed to shut up???

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - McC - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So if fans disagree with you they are just supposed to shut up???

Right.  Cuz that is exactly what I said.   Goooooooo--fy.

I will support the choice, I will trust the process since I did not interview anyone and have any real insight on their leadership abilities.

My only point is fans get emotionally invested in one guy for some reason and then are upset if their guy is not the choice.

If it is Eric B, so be it.

Taylor, so be it.

Joseph or others so be it.

If assistants stay, so be it.

Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - Bronxbengal - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:02 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I have a boner.

That’s what she said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - psychdoctor - 01-10-2019

I am excited by this pick but I was also excited with Bieniemy.  So now I guess I am just excited.

Excited

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - Cure4CF - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: nope. It was under Taylor.  

Not saying your wrong at all!! But, can you provide something about his stent @ UC? Everything I’ve seen looks pretty crappy. That’s pretty much the only thing that is a downer about him in my eyes. Hope you can enlighten me. Thanks in advance!

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - mon4078 - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: nope. It was under Taylor.  

I looked it up on Gobearcats they scored 19.3 points a game and 374.1 yards I'm not sure the rank but doubt it was anywhere near the top.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - Devils Advocate - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 09:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think his hire would change a lot of moving parts of the Bengal organization, including players.  Trades may happen.  But I think Dalton will stay because there needs some stability and Dalton has some ability.  

Well I almost went to the Mega•Ultimate•AD thread to post this but here’s as good a place as any.

I can’t wait to see Andy absolutely light it up next year with an offensive thinking HC.

AD is a selling point to any of these coaches that are being considered.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - Bengalholic - 01-10-2019

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - StoneTheCrow - 01-10-2019

Lost in the shuffle of all this is the biggest news ever: Katie and Troy reportedly made the decision. NOT Mike Brown. It’s all we ever wanted for like 30 years.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - mon4078 - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

If TT says it, it must be true lmao he was a worse coach at UC than Lewis was for the Bengals. I dont know if Taylor will be a good HC or not hopefully he has improved since his time at UC.

(01-10-2019, 10:19 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Lost in the shuffle of all this is the biggest news ever: Katie and Troy reportedly made the decision. NOT Mike Brown. It’s all we ever wanted for like 30 years.

Is it?

I thought MB had a great hire with ML.

I just thought he was too loyal the past 3 years.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - tBengal - 01-10-2019

I made this post on another board and will say it again here.

You just never know which coach is going to be “the one”. Some are highly acclaimed and do nothing, others come out of nowhere and are fantastic. Look at Dabo Swinney, the guy was working in real estate when Clemson hired him to coach WR’s. Eventually the guy who hired him was fired and Swinney was promoted to interim coach before being hired as the head coach at the end of the season. Clemson fans were upset, but he’s now brought 2 titles to Clemson. NFL is different but it’s still football. I don’t care who we hire, they’ll have my full support and I’ll hope he becomes our Belichick or Swinney.

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - The Real Deal - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:17 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Not saying your wrong at all!!  But, can you provide something about his stent @ UC?  Everything I’ve seen looks pretty crappy.  That’s pretty much the only thing that is a downer about him in my eyes.  Hope you can enlighten me.  Thanks in advance!

The source was Paul Dehner and Fletcher page in tweets but now I cannot find it.  I know the stats look bad but it was the head coach's last year and I think the players were giving up that year.  

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - fozzie11 - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:32 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

My only thing with this is, why are we releasing assistants then?

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - Devils Advocate - 01-10-2019

If they hire Taylor they can keep Lazor as OC, given their history.
Wouldn’t that be a kick in the ass § eerily familiar?

RE: Latest: Zac Taylor could be Bengals new head coach? - Benton - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 10:39 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: My only thing with this is, why are we releasing assistants then?

That's the thing I don't get if it's an outside hire. The new coach may be all "well, damn, I loved that guy."