Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Chief's PS game - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Chief's PS game (/Thread-Chief-s-PS-game)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Chief's PS game - rfaulk34 - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 01:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Can we all agree that Malik Jefferson is a lost cause yet?

I thought he was poop from the beginning. 

#onboard

RE: Chief's PS game - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 03:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: With all this Oline shuffling they are going I hope they take a look at Price at one of the guard spots. Hopkins is much better at center than any other player (currently slotted) is at guard.

Need to keep all their options open.

Hopkins does play way better at Center then he does at Guard and Price is just a natural at Guard anyways.

Thought Miller opened up a few holes though and Price i believe played RG in college?

(08-11-2019, 01:40 PM)Synric Wrote: What was pretty was the play design. 

It was a rub play that created a step for Kelce over Williams that turned into a Wheel route that added another 2 or 3 steps because Shawn was trying to make up that step on what looked like a 15 yard out.

Andy Reid is really really good...too bad his teams always choke in the playoffs.

I couldn't give 2 shits about the stupid play design. What was pretty was that it was dropped in on the money with a defender right on him and in another case, a wide open WR was badly underthrown. 

(08-11-2019, 01:57 PM)Synric Wrote: I wouldnt be giving credit to any on the Bengals it was a broken coverage that lead to a wide open receiver Dalton noticed it late which caused an underthrow.

If you wanna talk about Dalton how about converting 3 3rd downs passing and a really nice 25+ back shoulder throw to Auden Tate?

Another lame excuse. He had plenty of time (lots of separation and lots of field in front of Malone), rushed it and threw it bad. 

That was not a back shoulder throw. He put the ball up where the receiver could go and make a play. Good throw but not a damn back shoulder throw.  Mellow

(08-11-2019, 03:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Another lame excuse. He had plenty of time (lots of separation and lots of field in front of Malone), rushed it and threw it bad. 

That was not a back shoulder throw. He put the ball up where the receiver could go and make a play. Good throw but not a damn back shoulder throw.  Mellow

Dalton is not Mahomes Rfaulk.

No one is. Dalton hate gets old like spilled milk. Yawn

(08-11-2019, 03:08 PM)NKURyan Wrote: This is going about how I expected.

Here are my thoughts:
1) Andy took essentially a second-string offense and drove them down the field for a long TD drive. Outside of Boyd and the already lambasted offensive line how many of those guys do you think are actually going to start for most of the season? No Green, no Mixon, no Gio, no Eifert, brand new offensive coordinator... and no problem. If your QB can take a bunch of guys who will be 3rd and 4th down the field against a first team defense, that's a good sign. They're going to be able to score.
2) Yes, Andy under threw Malone. It was one bad pass in his first pre-season game, I think we can get over it.
3) I'm not ready to panic over the running game when we were using a bunch of guys who probably won't make the team. I expected a bit more out of Trayveon Williams, but it was a rookie starting against an NFL defense for the first time.
4) Defense was bad. If they look that bad against Washington or New York my concern will increase, but KC makes a lot of teams look bad on defense (and their offense is basically a nightmare scenario for our defense anyways). I'd give them an F, but I don't think they're doomed for the year just yet either.

1) Yep. And not anything that i was really surprised at. It will be a good thing to see if he can do it in prime time and especially the playoffs. 

2)Yep. 

3)Yep. 

4)Yep. Though bad tackling is always a concern. And penalties.

RE: Chief's PS game - Clodhopper - 08-11-2019

Game summary in a nutshell:

Offense = Good

Defense = Bad

(08-11-2019, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dalton is not Mahomes Rfaulk.

No one is. Dalton hate gets old like spilled milk. Yawn

It's not hate. The lazy "hate" reply is what gets old, like spilled milk that everyone refuses to clean up. 

True, he's not Mahomes and i don't expect him to be. 

Just hit a wide open guy in your 9th year, regardless of what game it's in. 

Ok..if we're being honest, some hate does start to rear it's ugly head but it's not from his play. It's from people frothing at the mouth to defend every single thing that's said which isn't positive. There are negative things about his game and people are allowed to point them out. What pisses me off are people that drone on about how terrible he is (he's not) and people that constantly whine about "haters whining" whenever something negative is pointed out--even when the person pointing it out doesn't hate him and think he's the devil incarnate. 

(08-11-2019, 03:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 1) Yep. And not anything that i was really surprised at. It will be a good thing to see if he can do it in prime time and especially the playoffs. 

2)Yep. 

3)Yep. 

4)Yep. Though bad tackling is always a concern. And penalties.

This is where Dalton needs to step up his game, prime time and the playoffs.

But all of Marv's teams sucked in these games pretty much so just hoping it was him, we will see.

(08-11-2019, 03:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's not hate. The lazy "hate" reply is what gets old, like spilled milk that everyone refuses to clean up. 

True, he's not Mahomes and i don't expect him to be. 

Just hit a wide open guy in your 9th year, regardless of what game it's in. 

Ok..if we're being honest, some hate does start to rear it's ugly head but it's not from his play. It's from people frothing at the mouth to defend every single thing that's said which isn't positive. There are negative things about his game and people are allowed to point them out. What pisses me off are people that drone on about how terrible he is (he's not) and people that constantly whine about "haters whining" whenever something negative is pointed out--even when the person pointing it out doesn't hate him and think he's the devil incarnate. 

Gotcha and i agree.

RE: Chief's PS game - Synric - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 03:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Another lame excuse. He had plenty of time (lots of separation and lots of field in front of Malone), rushed it and threw it bad. 

It was a late throw that made it underthrown. Dalton's read was the underneath 1 on 1 but one defender messed up and it had two defenders underneath allowing malone to run free. It was broken coverage and a late throw which made it a bad throw.

Yes it was a back shoulder throw.

A back shoulder throw is a throw to a receiver running downfield that makes him turn back to catch the ball. 

RE: Chief's PS game - psychdoctor - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 08:59 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The haters are going to hate. AD was great last night. He missed a TD throw by about 1 yard, it happens. But great news is Malone looked great getting open and had a great night. As you stated AD overcame penalties and numerous 3rd down plays to get us on the endzone.

That one under-throw reinforces the perception that Dalton has a noodle arm.  His deep passes tend to be inconsistent but he is spot on with intermediate and short passes.  Finley would seem worse at deep passes as well based on his collegiate history.  

A good team can win with Dalton.  But I am amazed even from the Palmer era, how this FO under estimates the need for the O-Line trenches to be sound if not fantastic.  It blows my mind!  Paul Brown is turning in his freakin Grave! Gaah

(08-11-2019, 03:37 PM)Synric Wrote: It was a late throw that made it underthrown. Dalton's read was the underneath 1 on 1 but one defender messed up and it had two defenders underneath allowing malone to run free. It was broken coverage and a late throw which made it a bad throw.

Yes it was a back shoulder throw.

A back shoulder throw is a throw to a receiver running downfield that makes him turn back to catch the ball. 

It wasn't a late throw that made it an underthow. It was a rushed throw where he didn't get his feet set properly. He had plenty of time to set his feet and throw. He just f'kd it up. 

It was not a back shoulder throw. A back shoulder throw is when the QB intentionally throws the ball behind the receiver due to tight coverage and the defenders back being to the QB. It's done predominantly on the sideline and sometimes in the middle of the field, only, when it's done in the middle of the field, the verbiage is more of a "sit down" where the receiver is expected to stop the route due to more space behind him. 

Dalton threw that ball up where Tate could go get it. That's called, the receiver going up and making a play. 

RE: Chief's PS game - samhain - 08-11-2019

One thing I feel a lot better about is the receiver group behind Green/Boyd. Tate and Malone looked capable, as did Morgan. This is big IMO. It's never ideal to lose a guy like Green, who the team basically lives or dies with. The team runs through him.

That said, Boyd looks like he can be a 1 if needed. Different kind of WR than Green, obviously, but still a guy that's going to give a ton of production. I looked through the league's WR depth charts, and there are a hell of a lot of teams in this league that don't have a guy as good as Boyd, much less AJ. Look at the Ravens' group and have a laugh if you want an example.

We need AJ back as soon as possible, but I think there's enough here to get it done in his absence.

RE: Chief's PS game - Synric - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 03:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It wasn't a late throw that made it an underthow. It was a rushed throw where he didn't get his feet set properly. He had plenty of time to set his feet and throw. He just f'kd it up. 

It was not a back shoulder throw. A back shoulder throw is when the QB intentionally throws the ball behind the receiver due to tight coverage and the defenders back being to the QB. It's done predominantly on the sideline and sometimes in the middle of the field, only, when it's done in the middle of the field, the verbiage is more of a "sit down" where the receiver is expected to stop the route due to more space behind him. 

Dalton threw that ball up where Tate could go get it. That's called, the receiver going up and making a play. 

We are saying the same thing. 

A back shoulder throw is when a QB forces a Receiver to turn around when running down field. If the receiver doesnt adjust to the throw it would hit him in the back but since he has to break off his route turn around and catch the ball it makes it a back shoulder throw.

(08-11-2019, 02:58 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Man he sure looked fat and slow.

Yes he did.  I was shocked really at how slow he looked.   Shocked

RE: Chief's PS game - jj22 - 08-11-2019

I would hate to hear what they'd say about Dalton if he didn't go 7-9 for 80 yards, converting all third downs through the air in a 14 play opening drive against a Superbowl contender leading to a TD.

Dalton earned his fair share of criticism, but anyone would take this Dalton so at this point knowing what he is, why the disappointment in that first Offensive drive?

The D misses the Oklahoma drill. They just don't come out with that killer instinct and raw physicality like they used to when the drill was ran under Zimmer. It'll take them awhile to get to that point. Tackling has been bad across the league early in the season due to all the offseason changes for player safety.

Upon further review, as a unit the D played poorly, but individually, a lot of talent and promise flashed. They just have to play together, play more angry/physical (with Burfict gone they need that bully to start a "fight" they all have to backup), set at tone early, and tackle.

Some of those penalty's for example; that kept drives alive, wiped out some good plays, and overall solid coverage that maybe won't be called when the regular season starts.

A lot of work to be done, but that's what 3 more preseason games are for.

How did Wren look? I do not remember.

RE: Chief's PS game - BengalChris - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 02:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Very first game with an almost entire new staff and the way they do things. That's going to take a couple games to iron out the kinks. The offense is different and the run game was VERY vanilla. 

The red part: that was sarcasm. I'm guessing you didn't read all of that thread. 

Defense and special teams were pure ass and a whole lot of backups didn't look good at all. 

You are hoping that it will be ironed out in a couple of games. My guess is that it will take half a season, possibly more. It looked like last season's team and they played like last season's team, except worse in Teams.

And the red part. Did he change his mind?
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Taylor-to-use-full-playbook-in-Preseason

Malone Alone - guyofthetiger - 08-11-2019

I was able to watch some of the Bengals/Chiefs game due to the blowout by the Reds over the Cubbies. As soon as I turn the channel, I see Malone all alone in the secondary with a pass that hit him right in the hands. And he drops it. Even if it is a preseason game, a receiver should always be able to catch a pass right in his hands without any defender on him. Malone is blowing his opportunity to get more playing time. Boyd and Core look like our starting 2 receivers. Malone has issues in his helmet as well as his hands.