Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Chief's PS game - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Chief's PS game (/Thread-Chief-s-PS-game)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Chief's PS game - Joelist - 08-11-2019

At least it was good to see ZT was VERY displeased with what he saw on defense and it wasn't the old Marvin vague mumbling either. He called them out about being way too hesitant out there, not aggressive and letting the opposing offense dictate things.

Offensively aside from the usual scrub pratfalls and Driskell proving he needs to change position or be cut the biggest issue was interior run blocking. On pass blocking they were fine but they got zero straight ahead push and that needs to change as a 1.9 YPC makes play action kinda difficult.

RE: Chief's PS game - NKURyan - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is where Dalton needs to step up his game, prime time and the playoffs.

But all of Marv's teams sucked in these games pretty much so just hoping it was him, we will see.

I get that Andy's dropped some turds in prime time, but he threw for 265 yards and 4 TDs against the division champs in prime time last year. Let's not pretend that one good performance at night is going to instantly change anyone's opinions about the guy.

The playoffs, well... nothing he can do about that in August lol.

RE: Malone Alone - PDub80 - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 04:52 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I was able to watch some of the Bengals/Chiefs game due to the blowout by the Reds over the Cubbies. As soon as I turn the channel, I see Malone all alone in the secondary with a pass that hit him right in the hands. And he drops it. Even if it is a preseason game, a receiver should always be able to catch a pass right in his hands without any defender on him. Malone is blowing his opportunity to get more playing time. Boyd and Core look like our starting 2 receivers. Malone has issues in his helmet as well as his hands.

He was probably in shock since he had gotten wide open by 10+ yards for an easy TD earlier in the game and the other QB (Dalton) under threw him by 15+yards with a wounded duck of a turd pass.

RE: Malone Alone - SunsetBengal - 08-11-2019

Pass was tipped, as Malone had to slow up to be in position to catch the ball.. So, short throw and pass defensed for DB.

RE: Chief's PS game - Nicomo Cosca - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 03:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The actual whining comes from people who can't stand to hear anything negative (see: factual) about the QB14. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(08-11-2019, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dalton is not Mahomes Rfaulk.

No one is. Dalton hate gets old like spilled milk. Yawn

If people wouldn’t freak out over one negative play being brought up it wouldn’t escalate into this every time...

RE: Chief's PS game - psychdoctor - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 05:25 PM)PDub80 Wrote: He was probably in shock since he had gotten wide open by 10+ yards for an easy TD earlier in the game and the other QB (Dalton) under threw him by 15+yards with a wounded duck of a turd pass.

I think Dalton stated as such.  He was not expecting Malone to be so wide open and caught him off-guard.  

RE: Chief's PS game - rfaulk34 - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 03:57 PM)Synric Wrote: We are saying the same thing. 

A back shoulder throw is when a QB forces a Receiver to turn around when running down field. If the receiver doesnt adjust to the throw it would hit him in the back but since he has to break off his route turn around and catch the ball it makes it a back shoulder throw.

No we're not. It was not a back shoulder throw. The ball was OVER Tate's head and he went up and got it. Again, a back shoulder throw is a pass that is purposefully thrown behind the wide receiver as he's running vertically. It's thrown behind him and with much less trajectory, when the DB is even or slightly ahead of the WR because the receiver is looking back and can adjust to a throw that the DB can't see. 

(08-11-2019, 04:35 PM)BengalChris Wrote: You are hoping that it will be ironed out in a couple of games. My guess is that it will take half a season, possibly more. It looked like last season's team and they played like last season's team, except worse in Teams.

And the red part. Did he change his mind?
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Taylor-to-use-full-playbook-in-Preseason

There was a post where that was tweeted (about the playbook). There was a follow up post that it was sarcasm. I don't recall what thread it's in, but it is here somewhere.

I'm really not hoping...simply because i HATE that word. It's used around here thousands of times a day "let's hope" "i hope" "hopefully"...all over this board, all the time and i can't stand it. Do you know how many years and how many situations i've read about how someone "hopes" something? 

I'm saying it will take a couple games because ZT said himself that the very first thing the coaching staff will do (today) is sit down together and go over the logistics of how things were done and tweak it from there. It will be a prioritiy and it has to be. If coaches can't communicate with each other and the players throughout the game, nothing will work. 

As far as the game, the route combinations of the receivers was completely different than in the past. I don't know if you noticed but they also went 4 and 5 wide multiple times on the opening drive with Dalton. 

If that is going to be the norm, that combination should allow Dalton to have a career year statistically, as long as most of his weapons stay healthy. What remains to be seen is if he can do it well under the lights and in the playoffs. 

RE: Chief's PS game - BengalsRocker - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 03:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: With all this Oline shuffling they are going I hope they take a look at Price at one of the guard spots. Hopkins is much better at center than any other player (currently slotted) is at guard.

The player I have my eye on for underwhelming is Cordy Glenn.

I still have yet felt that he lives up to his contract.

On that early screen play he not only didn't know who to block but seemed lost in general.

It honestly looked like a Bobby Hart impersonation.

Bravo! Cordy. Bravo!!

RE: Chief's PS game - The Caped Crusader - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 05:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If people wouldn’t freak out over one negative play being brought up it wouldn’t escalate into this every time...

Gee, sorry, we won't disagree with you then! We would hate you to get escalated!

RE: Chief's PS game - Roland - 08-11-2019

All the garbage we saw last night and people are worried about 7 for 9 performance from Dalton with his top skill players out?  Bengals fans gonna Bengals fan.  Rolleyes

(08-11-2019, 08:26 PM)Roland Wrote: All the garbage we saw last night and people are worried about 7 for 9 performance from Dalton with his top skill players out?  Bengals fans gonna Bengals fan.  Rolleyes

Unfortunately.

Again, I'll agree to disagree and move on. I'm not going to get blue in the face when we have multiple missed tackles on the same play.

(08-11-2019, 08:26 PM)Roland Wrote: All the garbage we saw last night and people are worried about 7 for 9 performance from Dalton with his top skill players out?  Bengals fans gonna Bengals fan.  Rolleyes

(08-11-2019, 08:31 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Unfortunately.

Again, I'll agree to disagree and move on. I'm not going to get blue in the face when we have multiple missed tackles on the same play.

Literally no one is worried about a 7 for 9 performance from the QB. Some people just think a 9 yr vet should hit a wide open receiver and there shouldn't be silly excuses for why he missed him.

It was an incomplete pass that he should have made. No more, no less, no excuses.

(08-11-2019, 08:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Literally no one is worried about a 7 for 9 performance from the QB. Some people just think a 9 yr vet should hit a wide open receiver and there shouldn't be silly excuses for why he missed him.

It was an incomplete pass that he should have made. No more, no less, no excuses.

Agreed.

(08-11-2019, 08:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Literally no one is worried about a 7 for 9 performance from the QB. Some people just think a 9 yr vet should hit a wide open receiver and there shouldn't be silly excuses for why he missed him.

People like you are why I stick around. Thank you for being rational.

RE: Chief's PS game - HarleyDog - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 06:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There was a post where that was tweeted (about the playbook). There was a follow up post that it was sarcasm. I don't recall what thread it's in, but it is here somewhere.

I'm really not hoping...simply because i HATE that word. It's used around here thousands of times a day "let's hope" "i hope" "hopefully"...all over this board, all the time and i can't stand it. Do you know how many years and how many situations i've read about how someone "hopes" something? 

I'm saying it will take a couple games because ZT said himself that the very first thing the coaching staff will do (today) is sit down together and go over the logistics of how things were done and tweak it from there. It will be a prioritiy and it has to be. If coaches can't communicate with each other and the players throughout the game, nothing will work. 

As far as the game, the route combinations of the receivers was completely different than in the past. I don't know if you noticed but they also went 4 and 5 wide multiple times on the opening drive with Dalton. 

If that is going to be the norm, that combination should allow Dalton to have a career year statistically, as long as most of his weapons stay healthy. What remains to be seen is if he can do it well under the lights and in the playoffs. 

I hope your right. Ninja

(08-11-2019, 06:54 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The player I have my eye on for underwhelming is Cordy Glenn.

I still have yet felt that he lives up to his contract.

On that early screen play he not only didn't know who to block but seemed lost in general.

It honestly looked like a Bobby Hart impersonation.

Bravo! Cordy. Bravo!!

Not only that, on an outside run he pulled out and gave up while the defender he was supposed to block made the tackle on Williams.

RE: Chief's PS game - Bengalitis - 08-11-2019

I liked the O line constantly arm pointing ahead in just about every down.. that is something not there before in the Marvin era.

RE: Chief's PS game - THE PISTONS - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 06:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There was a post where that was tweeted (about the playbook). There was a follow up post that it was sarcasm. I don't recall what thread it's in, but it is here somewhere.

Theoretically it should lead to a big year...BUT with our terrible offensive line, going 5 WR's means you don't have any additional blocking in. Teams are going to blitz us.

AND last year, only Boyd and Green were productive at WR.

I'm not sure 5 WR's gets our best players on the field. I think Mixon, Bernard, and Eifert are all better than our 3rd WR. So going 3-4-5 WR, actually gets some of our talent off the field for less talented players.