Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: 2020 Election (/Thread-2020-Election)

RE: 2020 Election - BmorePat87 - 10-06-2020

(10-06-2020, 04:13 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm not worked up.  Just pointing out Biden insulted the black community again.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/some-black-woman-video-of-joe-biden-saying-why-people-stayed-home-during-pandemic-goes-viral

This is just kinda weird.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/oct/5/joe-biden-wants-haitian-americans-deliver-coup-de-/

How is it insulting to the Black community for him to point out racial disparity between workers who can telework and “essential workers” in retail and healthcare and then say that he hopes this leads to white support for programs that address inequity in those communities?

Oh, because he said “black woman”.... holy shit, conservative social media is reaching these days.

RE: 2020 Election - CKwi88 - 10-06-2020

(10-06-2020, 04:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump has instructed Congressional Republicans to stop all COVID relief discussion until after the election. He doesn’t give a shit about Americans

Wow. That's a throwing of the towel if I've ever seen one. I figured another round of checks the last week of October was a lock.

RE: 2020 Election - BmorePat87 - 10-06-2020

(10-06-2020, 04:43 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Wow. That's a throwing of the towel if I've ever seen one. I figured another round of checks the last week of October was a lock.

He told McConnell to only focus on SCOTUS, but McConnell ignored the house bill for months, so I guess this isn’t a change.

RE: 2020 Election - hollodero - 10-06-2020

(10-06-2020, 04:13 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm not worked up.  Just pointing out Biden insulted the black community again.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/some-black-woman-video-of-joe-biden-saying-why-people-stayed-home-during-pandemic-goes-viral

This is just kinda weird.

See, this is the kind of thing I do not get about quite some Trump supporters and/or Trump voters like yourself. Vote for him, you have your reasons, that is one thing and I can accept it. But why also go so constantly and willingly after baseless things like this one to just smear the other side? I mean, Jeez, Biden said "black women" and implied they overproportionally can not stay home, just because that's how it is. This bastard.

If you had any consistency and were just so racially sensitive that you take issue with Biden here, you would have to explode about Trump. He just said so much worse throughout his life and during his presidential tenure. And you know who seems to widely agree with that? The black men and women that were actually "offended". Now why would you say that is.

RE: 2020 Election - GMDino - 10-06-2020

(10-06-2020, 04:43 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Wow. That's a throwing of the towel if I've ever seen one. I figured another round of checks the last week of October was a lock.

(10-06-2020, 04:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He told McConnell to only focus on SCOTUS, but McConnell ignored the house bill for months, so I guess this isn’t a change.

And it's really working out well for him.   Mellow

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8811961/Roid-rage-Trump-crashes-markets-tweeting-NO-stimulus-election.html

Quote:'Roid rage' Trump crashes markets by tweeting that there will be NO stimulus until after election - as doctor voices fears his COVID medication causes mania, aggression and psychosis
  • Trump tweeted in middle of Tuesday afternoon that he was stopping all stimulus talks with House Democrats
  • He banned White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin from cutting deal with Nancy Pelosi
  • Markets plunged because hopes of economic recovery had been based on belief that deal was imminent and around $2 billion would be pumped into economy 
  • But Trump accused Pelosi of 'not negotiating in good faith' and told Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell to push ahead with filling the SCOTUS seat
  • The Dow fell more than 300 points within minutes on a day when Federal Reserve chair Jerome Powell said stimulus was vital to the country's future
  • Dean of Brown University's School of Public Health, told Fox News up to 40% of patients on Trump's prescribed steroids get mental health side effects 
  • Dexamethasone is linked to mania, aggression and psychosis
  • Pelosi slammed Trump   

Donald Trump sparked a panicked stock market sell-off Tuesday afternoon as he tweeted that he would not allow talks on a stimulus plan to go on before the November election.

In a series of tweets sent from the White House residence where he is still on drugs to fight his COVID, Trump canceled talks with Nancy Pelosi over a multi-trillion relief package and said: 'Immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business.'

He banned White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin from cutting deal

The Dow Jones crashed more than 300 points within minutes. Traders had thought a deal was close.
Pelosi slammed Trump saying he was 'putting himself first at the expense of the country, with the full complicity of the GOP Members of Congress.'

His sudden move came as doctors warned that the steroid he is being treated with for COVID comes with risks of serious side effects, including mood swings, aggression and confusion.

Trump's medical team on Sunday said the president was started on dexamethasone, a generic steroid long and widely used to reduce inflammation associated with other diseases. The steroid was begun after Trump experienced low oxygen levels. 
[Image: 34065534-8811961-image-a-12_1602011392016.jpg]

[Image: 34065526-8811961-image-m-33_1602013109173.jpg]
+4

[Image: 34065530-8811961-image-a-13_1602011397200.jpg]

[Image: 34066348-8811961-image-a-31_1602012926634.jpg]
+4

Sell: How the markets reacted to the news
[Image: 34065570-8811961-Unmasked-a-21_1602012198294.jpg]
+4

Is he stable? Dr Ashish Jha, Dean of Brown University's School of Public Health told Fox News as many as 40 per cent of people on the steroids given to Trump suffer short-term mental side effects including agitation
Dr Ashish Jha, Dean of Brown University's School of Public Health,  told Fox News: 'We definitely see in 30-40 percent of people pretty substantial effects...[of] the anxiety, the agitation.' 

Research has shown that just a few days on dexamethasone can leave patients with memory and cognitive deficits. Corticosteroids - the class of drugs dexamethasone belongs to - may cause psychiatric side effects in anywhere from 1.8 to 57 percent of patients taking them.  

Experts' first worry was that the use of dexamethasone to treat Trump suggested he was very sick, since the $6 steroid may be dangerous to people with mild COVID-19. 

But because it's been linked to everything from mania to memory problems, and aggression to psychosis, some are also concerned that the president's judgement could be impaired as he reportedly continues to work through his illness. 
Ending stimulus talks however goes deep into the most damaging territory possible for a president whose only path to re-election had been on high stock market numbers and a belief in his economic record among swing state voters. 

Pelosi accused him of being 'unwilling to crush the virus,' saying: 'He shows his contempt for science, his disdain for our heroes – in health care, first responders, sanitation, transportation, food workers, teachers, teachers, teachers and others – and he refuses to put money in workers’ pockets, unless his name is printed on the check.'

Earlier in the day Federal Reserve chief Jerome Powell had said recovery from the pandemic downturn would be 'stronger and faster' with more government aid to protect against the possibility of accelerating job losses.

'Too little support would lead to a weak recovery, creating unnecessary hardship for households and businesses,' Powell said in an address to an economics conference.

'Even if policy actions ultimately prove to be greater than needed, they will not go to waste.'

Powell, who has long said more economic support is likely needed, warned that if economic improvements slow, that 'could trigger typical recessionary dynamics, as weakness feeds on weakness.'

A long period of 'unnecessarily slow progress' could continue to exacerbate existing disparities in the economy, he said, which 'would be tragic.'

In Congress, Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had proposed an economic stimulus measure costing $2.2 trillion but President Donald Trump's administration wants to spend no more than $1.6 trillion.

[Image: 34062428-8811961-image-a-17_1602011729233.jpg]
+4

While Pelosi last week again began talking regularly with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, her Republican counterpart in the negotiations, the two sides have yet to find a compromise weeks before Trump stands for a second term in office against Democratic challenger Joe Biden.
'Chairman Powell's warning could not be more clear: robust action is immediately needed to avert economic catastrophe from the devastation of the coronavirus pandemic,' Pelosi said on Tuesday.

The CARES Act passed as the pandemic struck in March included extra $600 weekly payments to the unemployed as well as a program of loans and grants for small businesses but those expired around the start of August.

Powell noted the positive effects of both programs on the economy, with a feared rise in bankruptcies among small firms not occurring and many consumers saying their financial well-being had improved during the pandemic.

'Still, since it appears that many will undergo extended periods of unemployment, there is likely to be a need for further support,' he said.
And despite the early success in protecting against job losses, there has been an increase in permanent job cuts and layoffs, Powell said.
'There is a risk that the rapid initial gains from reopening may transition to a longer than expected slog back to full recovery,' he added.

Limiting the continued spread of the virus will be key to sustaining the economy, the Fed chair said, including following medical advice about wearing masks and social distancing.

RE: 2020 Election - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-06-2020

(10-06-2020, 04:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump has instructed Congressional Republicans to stop all COVID relief discussion until after the election. He doesn’t give a shit about Americans

I guess that means the Senate will need to cease all work, also?

RE: 2020 Election - Luvnit2 - 10-06-2020

(10-06-2020, 02:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even people who support him being president are able to admit he's an unlikable bastard.  His own campaign focuses on how it takes a mean jerk to get stuff done.

You people can't even take winning well. Biden has kept all his promises for 47 years, why would anyone worry he is a fraud and swamp creature? I guess that means we should all take up arms, resist his every move and if need be start a civil war if Trump wins.

Or we can be adults, protect our earned money from the government, quit spending money and live life until the market crashes and we are in a depression.

RE: 2020 Election - Nately120 - 10-06-2020

(10-06-2020, 05:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You people can't even take winning well.

Well, I'm a registered Libertarian so we may never find out how well I take winning. Listen, I'm not saying I know my arse from a hole in the ground but I just can't quite wrap my head around the concept that the only thing keeping this country from falling apart is the political version of Dan Snyder.

(10-06-2020, 05:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I guess that means the Senate will need to cease all work, also?

He told them to focus on the SCJ.

Oh and the stock market dropped right after the announcement.

Also, this was three days ago:

Trump really says what he means!  LMAO! 

RE: 2020 Election - Nately120 - 10-06-2020

(10-06-2020, 04:15 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: We just disagree as to which one is the smaller pile of shit and that is ok.

Everyone knows Trump is the biggest pile of shit on earth, whether or not you think being a pile of shit positively correlates with being a good president is the subject up for debate. 

RE: 2020 Election - Belsnickel - 10-06-2020

(10-06-2020, 05:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Also, this was three days ago:

Trump really says what he means!  LMAO! 

100% guarantee that tweet was from Dan Scavino.

RE: 2020 Election - BigPapaKain - 10-06-2020

(10-06-2020, 05:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Or we can be adults, protect our earned money from the government, quit spending money and live life until the market crashes and we are in a depression.

Too late.

RE: 2020 Election - Mickeypoo - 10-06-2020

(10-06-2020, 05:05 PM)hollodero Wrote: See, this is the kind of thing I do not get about quite some Trump supporters and/or Trump voters like yourself. Vote for him, you have your reasons, that is one thing and I can accept it. But why also go so constantly and willingly after baseless things like this one to just smear the other side? I mean, Jeez, Biden said "black women" and implied they overproportionally can not stay home, just because that's how it is. This bastard.

If you had any consistency and were just so racially sensitive that you take issue with Biden here, you would have to explode about Trump. He just said so much worse throughout his life and during his presidential tenure. And you know who seems to widely agree with that? The black men and women that were actually "offended". Now why would you say that is.

Your entire first paragraph is what most on this board do to Trump, including a majority of the large media companies.  Heck, look at Fred arguing to the bitter end about Trump and Minnesota genes comment.  That is exactly what you are saying I am doing.

I just realize that Trump is not as bad as he is made out to be.

RE: 2020 Election - hollodero - 10-06-2020

(10-06-2020, 08:48 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Your entire first paragraph is what most on this board do to Trump, including a majority of the large media companies.  Heck, look at Fred arguing to the bitter end about Trump and Minnesota genes comment.  That is exactly what you are saying I am doing.

I just realize that Trump is not as bad as he is made out to be.

Well, that I think is true for every politician at every time: They are usually not as bad as the political opponent and malevolent journalists make them out to be. Including Trump, and, as your link clearly shows, including Biden.

Most "Trump is bad" stories (certainly not all of them) have more facts and honesty to them then your "Biden is bad" story, which was just a bunch of nothing.

RE: 2020 Election - Benton - 10-07-2020

(10-06-2020, 05:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You people can't even take winning well. Biden has kept all his promises for 47 years, why would anyone worry he is a fraud and swamp creature? I guess that means we should all take up arms, resist his every move and if need be start a civil war if Trump wins.

Or we can be adults, protect our earned money from the government, quit spending money and live life until the market crashes and we are in a depression.

Just to clarify, you're saying Biden will cause the next depression?

I'm just wondering because the two previous presidents prior to the the great depression were republican. Who got them out? A Democrat. 

The great recession? Republican. Out? Democrat.

I'm not sure exactly what you're selling.

RE: 2020 Election - BmorePat87 - 10-07-2020

Well its back on, or at least pieces of it... I guess someone got through to him in the haze of steroids.

RE: 2020 Election - Luvnit2 - 10-07-2020

(10-07-2020, 01:18 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote:

Well its back on, or at least pieces of it... I guess someone got through to him in the haze of steroids.

Again, Trump has said this over and over again so never left. He has wanted stand along bills all along, Nabcy wanted the 3.4 trillion and then the 2.4 trillion which the poison pills. Read her bills, or STFU already,

RE: 2020 Election - GMDino - 10-07-2020

(10-07-2020, 08:47 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Again, Trump has said this over and over again so never left. He has wanted stand along bills all along, Nabcy wanted the 3.4 trillion and then the 2.4 trillion which the poison pills. Read her bills, or STFU already,

Just yesterday he tweeted that he told Republicans to quit negotiating and will they (the republicans) will sign a stimulus bill after he wins in November.

Yesterday.  

Less than 24 hours ago and less than eight hours before those two tweets.

Literally.

RE: 2020 Election - hollodero - 10-07-2020

(10-07-2020, 08:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He can't help it your are as a dumb as a rock. He said yesterday, he is ready to sign stand alone legislation stimulus package to Nancy, but refuses to bail out states and fund illegal immibgrants which is inthe 2.2  trillion bill.

Read her bill and there are poison pillls everywhere. Why? Simple, Pelosi and Democrats want a political win to amke Trump look bad, they don't care about the middle class or those out of jobs. If they did, they would have opened all schools a log time ago as a 99.999 chance a kid thatgets China virus survives it which BTW is a better chance than the common flu. That is a fact.

But stay hateful which causes your ignorance for all to see.

Oh boy, there is so much wrong with this post, many will tell you so anyway, but just for starters: Even if kids were immortal to corona, it still would be a bad idea to expose them to the virus. They still carry it around, potentially infecting teachers, parents, grandparents, neighbors....

Also "dumb as a rock"? Really?