Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: 2020 Election (/Thread-2020-Election)

RE: 2020 Election - Mickeypoo - 10-29-2020

I thought this was funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bII8AH5t6zI

RE: 2020 Election - Nately120 - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 02:27 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I thought this was funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bII8AH5t6zI

In all fairness if Trump loses he's going to be the defacto president via Twitter to his base anyways. He's not going to disappear and he's going to make headlines and be an American obsession the rest of his life.  Book it. 

RE: 2020 Election - Au165 - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 02:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness if Trump loses he's going to be the defacto president via Twitter to his base anyways. He's not going to disappear and he's going to make headlines and be an American obsession the rest of his life.  Book it. 

If he loses he will no longer be immune to Twitter's terms of service and will be banned relatively quickly.

RE: 2020 Election - fredtoast - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 02:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness if Trump loses he's going to be the defacto president via Twitter to his base anyways. He's not going to disappear and he's going to make headlines and be an American obsession the rest of his life.  Book it. 

(10-29-2020, 02:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: If he loses he will no longer be immune to Twitter's terms of service and will be banned relatively quickly.

If Trump loses he will start his own news source/network and make billions.

He is already bashing Fox for being too liberal.  He complained about them showing Obama's speeches and said "That would never have happened under Roger Ailes"

(10-29-2020, 02:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Trump loses he will start his own news source/network and make billions.

He is already bashing Fox for being too liberal.  He complained about them showing Obama's speeches and said "That would never have happened under Roger Ailes"

I think it'll be OAN honestly, but my point about social media will still be true. He will have to create his own social media platform as the immunity he has enjoyed will be gone, and he will no longer be able to threaten them with the power of the government for enforcing their rules on him. 

RE: 2020 Election - Big Boss - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 02:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: If he loses he will no longer be immune to Twitter's terms of service and will be banned relatively quickly.

I doubt it.  Way too many followers (traffic for Twitter).  His account's untouchable.

(10-29-2020, 03:20 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I doubt it.  Way too many followers (traffic for Twitter).  His account's untouchable.

No, it really isn't. About half of his followers are fake to start with so the "traffic" isn't quite as big as people think. The other issue is that the legal liability not enforcing their own terms of service exposes them to. Currently, they have a carve-out for leaders of nations that essentially gives the leaders immunity. Once he is no longer inside that carve out failure to enforce their own terms of service against him, especially in cases of harassment/libel/etc. could have actual impacts on their business.

RE: 2020 Election - fredtoast - 10-29-2020

If Biden is elected we will have to go to "MySpace" to follow him.

RE: 2020 Election - BigPapaKain - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 03:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, it really isn't. About half of his followers are fake to start with so the "traffic" isn't quite as big as people think. The other issue is that the legal liability not enforcing their own terms of service exposes them to. Currently, they have a carve-out for leaders of nations that essentially gives the leaders immunity. Once he is no longer inside that carve out failure to enforce their own terms of service against him, especially in cases of harassment/libel/etc. could have actual impacts on their business.

You don't think they keep a spot carved out on him based on time served in the Oval Office?

(10-29-2020, 03:28 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You don't think they keep a spot carved out on him based on time served in the Oval Office?

No, not as written. 

(10-29-2020, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Biden is elected we will have to go to "MySpace" to follow him.

I'm okay with that, Tom did tech right! Started it up, took his pay off, and didn't try to control the world or sell all of our private information.

(10-29-2020, 02:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Trump loses he will start his own news source/network and make billions.

We've been talking about that for years.  Hell, it's possible the 2016 election was just a show to drum up the "fake news" sort of notion and then claim he got cheated and THEN create a news network.  He had to be a bit surprised he won, but that gave him 4 years to furtherer sully the concept of any news that doesn't come from him.

I wonder what he will call it...TNN already exists so Trump News Network is out.

RE: 2020 Election - Big Boss - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 03:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We've been talking about that for years.  Hell, it's possible the 2016 election was just a show to drum up the "fake news" sort of notion and then claim he got cheated and THEN create a news network.  He had to be a bit surprised he won, but that gave him 4 years to furtherer sully the concept of any news that doesn't come from him.

I wonder what he will call it...TNN already exists so Trump News Network is out.

Mein Kampfcast.

RE: 2020 Election - Benton - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 03:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We've been talking about that for years.  Hell, it's possible the 2016 election was just a show to drum up the "fake news" sort of notion and then claim he got cheated and THEN create a news network.  He had to be a bit surprised he won, but that gave him 4 years to furtherer sully the concept of any news that doesn't come from him.

Hell pull a world wildlife federation and file a lawsuit against tnn forcing them to change their name.

RE: 2020 Election - bfine32 - 10-29-2020

Trump
Information
Television
Station

RE: 2020 Election - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-29-2020

https://www.yahoo.com/news/defendant-pleads-guilty-rudy-giuliani-153853365.html

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy . . .

Rudy has a security company and claims he didn’t know he was consulting for a company engaged in fraud? Damn, Rudy, maybe have your security company investigate? Or is this a case of plausible deniability? You’re a helluva security expert, Rudy.

RE: 2020 Election - BigPapaKain - 10-29-2020

(10-29-2020, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Biden is elected we will have to go to "MySpace" to follow him.

Last I seen, MySpace was all music. I think it's gone belly up since.

(10-29-2020, 08:32 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Last I seen, MySpace was all music. I think it's gone belly up since.

Make myspace great again. 

RE: 2020 Election - NATI BENGALS - 10-29-2020

I’m guessing that was a typo? Did you mean trump will borrow billions to start his own news network?

If he does there is a good chance the money flows in. He is an expert level conman and panders to the crowd who openly give their hard earned money to scammers like the “build the wall” group and allow people like half troll half man Steve bannon to line their own pockets.

If the money doesn’t flow in. He goes by the art of the deal playbook and just doesn’t pay his debt and sues his lender. Top level conman 301 level stuff.

(10-29-2020, 08:55 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m guessing that was a typo? Did you mean trump will borrow billions to start his own news network?

If he does there is a good chance the money flows in. He is an expert level conman and panders to the crowd who openly give their hard earned money to scammers like the “build the wall” group and allow people like half troll half man Steve bannon to line their own pockets.

If the money doesn’t flow in. He goes by the art of the deal playbook and just doesn’t pay his debt and sues his lender. Top level conman 301 level stuff.

More accurately he could licence his name to any news thing and it'll sell to his base.  Trump vodka, Trump steaks, Trump university, Trump news.  He could also go the Jim Bakker route and sell doomsday buckets of food dust to panicky seniors.