Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law (/Thread-Students-Plan-To-Open-Carry-Dildos-Over-Controversial-Texas-Campus-Gun-Law)

Pages: 1 2

Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - GMDino - 10-14-2015

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/10/10/ut-gun-carry-protest/

Quote:More than 1,000 people have RSVP’d to attend an unusual protest at the University of Texas. In protest of a law that permits students to carry concealed weapons on campus, students are going to come to class wielding dildos.

After the legislation was signed into law by Texas Greg Abbot last June, protests at the University located in Austin have garnered national attention. The description for the protest’s event page reads:

Quote:“On June 1, 2015, Gov. Greg Abbott signed S.B. 11, also known as the ‘campus carry’ law. S.B. 11 provides that license holders may carry a concealed handgun throughout university campuses, starting Aug. 1, 2016. The law gives public universities some discretion to regulate campus carry.”

More than 160 professors at the university signed a letter speaking out against the law. One professor even went as far as to resign over the matter. The organizers of the protest want to point out the fact that while it would be perfectly fine for a student to carry a gun into the classroom, bringing a dildo in would get them in trouble. So now students are calling for people to take up the cry #CocksNotGlocks.

Quote:“The State of Texas has decided that it is not at all obnoxious to allow deadly concealed weapons in classrooms, however it DOES have strict rules about free sexual expression, to protect your innocence. You would receive a citation for taking a DILDO to class before you would get in trouble for taking a gun to class. Heaven forbid the penis.”

This protest is absolutely hilarious. American culture is absurd, we glorify violence in our media but vilify sex. This confronts that head on in a creative way. The protest is scheduled to take place on August 24, 2016. The organizers are encouraging everyone to come to the protest, even if they do not attend the University of Texas.

Tongue

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - fredtoast - 10-14-2015

Even though I am in favor of gun control I don't have a big problem with people who have jumped through the hoops of getting a concealed carry permit to have their guns on campus.

If the courts and legislature has determined that these people are safe to carry guns then i don't know why a college campus should be excluded.

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - GMDino - 10-14-2015

(10-14-2015, 11:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Even though I am in favor of gun control I don't have a big problem with people who have jumped through the hoops of getting a concealed carry permit to have their guns on campus.

If the courts and legislature has determined that these people are safe to carry guns then i don't know why a college campus should be excluded.

Yes, fine.

But dildos.

Smirk

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - Belsnickel - 10-14-2015

I was wondering when this story was going to show up.

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - Belsnickel - 10-14-2015

(10-14-2015, 11:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Even though I am in favor of gun control I don't have a big problem with people who have jumped through the hoops of getting a concealed carry permit to have their guns on campus.

I agree with you, here. Though honestly, sitting with one strapped to you in those desks would not be fun. And adding even more weight to an already overburdened backpack? Danke, aber nein danke.

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - Rotobeast - 10-14-2015

(10-14-2015, 11:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/10/10/ut-gun-carry-protest/

Tongue

But....but... they can be dangerous too !

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - GMDino - 10-14-2015

(10-14-2015, 11:49 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: But....but... they can be dangerous too !

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - michaelsean - 10-14-2015

But they are doing open carry with the dildos. Conceal them (easier for girls) and you don't have a problem.

(10-14-2015, 11:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: But they are doing open carry with the dildos.  Conceal them (easier for girls) and you don't have a problem.

How sexist! Ninja

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - Rotobeast - 10-14-2015

(10-14-2015, 11:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: How sexist!   Ninja

Oh shit....
He broke out the Z-formation !
Shocked

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - PhilHos - 10-14-2015

(10-14-2015, 11:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/10/10/ut-gun-carry-protest/

Tongue

Just make the campus a "dildo free zone" and voila, problem solved! Ninja

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - Benton - 10-14-2015

I don't get the connection. If they're protesting, they should be carrying them outside of plain view. But of course to prove it they'd have to provide some evidence of where they concealed it. Like, a photo. Or maybe 30 seconds of video.

Excited

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - StLucieBengal - 10-17-2015

Do they want open carry on the campus rather than concealed?

And what does the dildos have to do wth anything? Just to show they have zero manners?

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - xxlt - 10-17-2015

The one way this story would be better: if it was in South Carolina and the protest was going to be at the University of South Carolina.

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - 6andcounting - 10-17-2015

I agree. It probably had a lot to do with the schools themselves lobbying for a ban, but that's just a guess.

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - StLucieBengal - 10-17-2015

(10-17-2015, 09:14 PM)xxlt Wrote: The one way this story would be better: if it was in South Carolina and the protest was going to be at the University of South Carolina.

Add in confederate battle flag dildos and you got something.

Conceal carry permit holders should be able to carry almost anywhere.

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - Nately120 - 10-18-2015

(10-17-2015, 08:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Do they want open carry on the campus rather than concealed?  

And what does the dildos have to do wth anything?   Just to show they have zero manners?

I think it's to show that Americans have become disturbingly desensitized to violence while retaining a puritanical fear of sex.  

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - StLucieBengal - 10-18-2015

(10-18-2015, 12:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think it's to show that Americans have become disturbingly desensitized to violence while retaining a puritanical fear of sex.  

We have been desensitized to both. And that's a bad thing on both accounts.

RE: Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law - Nately120 - 10-18-2015

(10-18-2015, 04:12 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We have been desensitized to both.   And that's a bad thing on both accounts.

Oh bs on that.  You can show blood, murder, and death on daytime TV but god help you if you dare see a woman's nipple on TV!