Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Students Plan To Open-Carry Dildos Over Controversial Texas Campus Gun Law
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/10/10/ut-gun-carry-protest/

Quote:More than 1,000 people have RSVP’d to attend an unusual protest at the University of Texas. In protest of a law that permits students to carry concealed weapons on campus, students are going to come to class wielding dildos.

After the legislation was signed into law by Texas Greg Abbot last June, protests at the University located in Austin have garnered national attention. The description for the protest’s event page reads:

Quote:“On June 1, 2015, Gov. Greg Abbott signed S.B. 11, also known as the ‘campus carry’ law. S.B. 11 provides that license holders may carry a concealed handgun throughout university campuses, starting Aug. 1, 2016. The law gives public universities some discretion to regulate campus carry.”

More than 160 professors at the university signed a letter speaking out against the law. One professor even went as far as to resign over the matter. The organizers of the protest want to point out the fact that while it would be perfectly fine for a student to carry a gun into the classroom, bringing a dildo in would get them in trouble. So now students are calling for people to take up the cry #CocksNotGlocks.

Quote:“The State of Texas has decided that it is not at all obnoxious to allow deadly concealed weapons in classrooms, however it DOES have strict rules about free sexual expression, to protect your innocence. You would receive a citation for taking a DILDO to class before you would get in trouble for taking a gun to class. Heaven forbid the penis.”

This protest is absolutely hilarious. American culture is absurd, we glorify violence in our media but vilify sex. This confronts that head on in a creative way. The protest is scheduled to take place on August 24, 2016. The organizers are encouraging everyone to come to the protest, even if they do not attend the University of Texas.

Tongue
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Even though I am in favor of gun control I don't have a big problem with people who have jumped through the hoops of getting a concealed carry permit to have their guns on campus.

If the courts and legislature has determined that these people are safe to carry guns then i don't know why a college campus should be excluded.
(10-14-2015, 11:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Even though I am in favor of gun control I don't have a big problem with people who have jumped through the hoops of getting a concealed carry permit to have their guns on campus.

If the courts and legislature has determined that these people are safe to carry guns then i don't know why a college campus should be excluded.

Yes, fine.

But dildos.

Smirk
I was wondering when this story was going to show up.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-14-2015, 11:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Even though I am in favor of gun control I don't have a big problem with people who have jumped through the hoops of getting a concealed carry permit to have their guns on campus.

I agree with you, here. Though honestly, sitting with one strapped to you in those desks would not be fun. And adding even more weight to an already overburdened backpack? Danke, aber nein danke.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-14-2015, 11:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/10/10/ut-gun-carry-protest/

Tongue

But....but... they can be dangerous too !

(10-14-2015, 11:49 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: But....but... they can be dangerous too !

But they are doing open carry with the dildos. Conceal them (easier for girls) and you don't have a problem.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-14-2015, 11:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: But they are doing open carry with the dildos.  Conceal them (easier for girls) and you don't have a problem.

How sexist! Ninja

(10-14-2015, 11:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: How sexist!   Ninja

Oh shit....
He broke out the Z-formation !
Shocked
(10-14-2015, 11:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/10/10/ut-gun-carry-protest/

Tongue

Just make the campus a "dildo free zone" and voila, problem solved! Ninja
I don't get the connection. If they're protesting, they should be carrying them outside of plain view. But of course to prove it they'd have to provide some evidence of where they concealed it. Like, a photo. Or maybe 30 seconds of video.

Excited
Do they want open carry on the campus rather than concealed?

And what does the dildos have to do wth anything? Just to show they have zero manners?
The one way this story would be better: if it was in South Carolina and the protest was going to be at the University of South Carolina.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

I agree. It probably had a lot to do with the schools themselves lobbying for a ban, but that's just a guess.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(10-17-2015, 09:14 PM)xxlt Wrote: The one way this story would be better: if it was in South Carolina and the protest was going to be at the University of South Carolina.

Add in confederate battle flag dildos and you got something.
Conceal carry permit holders should be able to carry almost anywhere.
(10-17-2015, 08:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Do they want open carry on the campus rather than concealed?  

And what does the dildos have to do wth anything?   Just to show they have zero manners?

I think it's to show that Americans have become disturbingly desensitized to violence while retaining a puritanical fear of sex.  
(10-18-2015, 12:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think it's to show that Americans have become disturbingly desensitized to violence while retaining a puritanical fear of sex.  

We have been desensitized to both. And that's a bad thing on both accounts.
(10-18-2015, 04:12 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We have been desensitized to both.   And that's a bad thing on both accounts.

Oh bs on that.  You can show blood, murder, and death on daytime TV but god help you if you dare see a woman's nipple on TV!