Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread (/Thread-The-Ja-Marr-Chase-Thread)

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nately120 - 09-01-2021

(09-01-2021, 07:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Looking at the routes the staff had Ja’Marr Chase run in preseason I’m convinced the coaches don’t know how to use him.

Well geez, the John Ross era taught us that simply handing the ball to a WR isn't fool-proof for building confidence, either.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - JaggedJimmyJay - 09-01-2021

(09-01-2021, 07:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: if all you need is a down the sideline limited receiver, you dont use the number 5 pick on that.

Bill Belichik would never do such a thing.

Im not continuing any further with this conversation. It's groundhog day

How can you possibly know what Bill Belichick would or wouldn’t do with a pick well higher than any he’s ever had?

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Destro - 09-01-2021

I do doubt Chase ever comes close to the Ross level of being horrible.
[attachment=1265]

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Frank Booth - 09-01-2021

(09-01-2021, 07:51 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: How can you possibly know what Bill Belichick would or wouldn’t do with a pick well higher than any he’s ever had?

you're right

Belichik would definitely use a top 5 pick on a "limited" receiver

odd are, he would not.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - GreenCornBengal - 09-01-2021

(09-01-2021, 07:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you're right

Belichik would definitely use a top 5 pick on a "limited" receiver

odd are, he would not.

Let me get this straight. You believe a receiver who set records with 1,780 yards and 20 TDs in a season is a “limited” receiver… I’m surprised SEC defenses couldn’t figure out a receiver with such limited skills…

Cmon dude smh

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - jj22 - 09-01-2021

(09-01-2021, 07:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s exactly what the Bengals needed in the wide receiver room!  As good as Higgins and Boyd are they’re not the type to take the top off a defensive secondary. Chase can do this and there’s plenty of tape from his days at LSU which proves it.

No shade toward Burrow, but a big armed qb would highlight Higgins deep speed. Higgins was one of the best deep ball receivers in the draft with Lawrence at QB.

I think Higgins can surprise some folks as a deep threat this year. Or at least his potential to be may be better recognized. 

(09-01-2021, 08:33 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Let me get this straight. You believe a receiver who set records with 1,780 yards and 20 TDs in a season is a “limited” receiver… I’m surprised SEC defenses couldn’t figure out a receiver with such limited skills…

Cmon dude smh

I quoted "limited receiver" because that's what the person I responded to said. 

Try to keep up

I believe Chase is more than a sideline receiver. I hope.

and college stats do not matter in the nfl

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Benton - 09-01-2021

(09-01-2021, 11:57 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Number of posts in the “will we regret the Chase pick?” thread: 890

Number of regular season receiving targets Chase has had: 0

Number of preseason targets: 5
Number of preseason drops: 4
Number of easiest passes to catch from the QB you played at the highest level with: 1
Number of easiest passes to catch made from the QB you played at the highest level with: 0

Dude isn't a bust, but if he wasn't our first round pick, he'd be cut with that performance.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Benton - 09-01-2021

(09-01-2021, 07:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s exactly what the Bengals needed in the wide receiver room!  As good as Higgins and Boyd are they’re not the type to take the top off a defensive secondary. Chase can do this and there’s plenty of tape from his days at LSU which proves it.

I hope you're right, but atm there no tape in the NFL to prove it. Dude is going to have to make serious strides to even be called a receiver.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Big_Ern - 09-01-2021

(09-01-2021, 08:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: No shade toward Burrow, but a big armed qb would highlight Higgins deep speed. Higgins was one of the best deep ball receivers in the draft with Lawrence at QB.

I think Higgins can surprise some folks as a deep threat this year. Or at least his potential to be may be better recognized. 

If he had a line to give him time he'd connect on his fair share

(09-01-2021, 09:03 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: If he had a line to give him time he'd connect on his fair share

I agree with this

but no, people blamed Higgins and Boyd for the lack of deep passes

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Destro - 09-01-2021

(09-01-2021, 08:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Dude isn't a bust, but if he wasn't our first round pick, he'd be cut with that performance.

I said the almost the same thing in the Game Day thread and the knives came out. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nicomo Cosca - 09-01-2021

(09-01-2021, 07:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd are versatile receivers who can run a variety of routes. Ja’Marr Chase is pretty much a down the sideline speed receiver. There’s nothing wrong with this but we don’t run an Indy Car over an obstacle course.

You clearly know very little about this player.

(09-01-2021, 08:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I quoted "limited receiver" because that's what the person I responded to said. 

Try to keep up

I believe Chase is more than a sideline receiver. I hope.

and college stats do not matter in the nfl

Cant keep up with the constant BS you throw around.

I hope you’re ready for a very large helping of crow.

(09-01-2021, 09:16 PM)Destro Wrote: I said the almost the same thing in the Game Day thread and the knives came out. 

fanboys are a peculiar bunch

(09-01-2021, 09:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Cant keep up with the constant BS you throw around.

I hope you’re ready for a very large helping of crow.

what crow?

When have I ever said Chase will struggle? I never said he would. I think he'l be fine.

I DID say he will be cincy's 3rd receiver option in the offense until further notice.

You like putting words in my mouth to fit your "hater" and "troll" narrative

You really need to sharpen up

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-01-2021

(09-01-2021, 09:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You clearly know very little about this player.

I know Ja’Marr has problems catching the football. I’m hopeful this problem will resolve itself with more reps in real games.

(09-01-2021, 09:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: what crow?

When have I ever said Chase will struggle? I never said he would. I think he'l be fine.

I DID say he will be cincy's 3rd receiver option in the offense until further notice.

You like putting words in my mouth to fit your "hater" and "troll" narrative

You really need to sharpen up

“Cincys 3rd option” indicates he struggles. Like you said, you wouldn’t draft a guy #5 OA to have him not be the #1 receiving option. So, some crow should be served when he is that #1 threat on the team right?

Let me guess, I’m a fanboy… no, I just see the skill set and college production to have faith he’s going to do well pretty quickly. Not gonna buy in on 5 preseason targets…

It’s ok, you can continue your regularly scheduled angsty tirades against posters and players. Have fun Frankie.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-01-2021

(09-01-2021, 08:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Number of preseason targets: 5
Number of preseason drops: 4
Number of easiest passes to catch from the QB you played at the highest level with: 1
Number of easiest passes to catch made from the QB you played at the highest level with: 0

Dude isn't a bust, but if he wasn't our first round pick, he'd be cut with that performance.

Based off pre season performance is absurd. He may look all world in practice. Lets see what he does in regular season before we jump to any conclusion. btw Rice was considered a bust after his rookie year

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-01-2021

(09-01-2021, 09:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: “Cincys 3rd option” indicates he struggles. Like you said, you wouldn’t draft a guy #5 OA to have him not be the #1 receiving option. So, some crow should be served when he is that #1 threat on the team right?

Let me guess, I’m a fanboy… no, I just see the skill set and college production to have faith he’s going to do well pretty quickly. Not gonna buy in on 5 preseason targets…

It’s ok, you can continue your regularly scheduled angsty tirades against posters and players. Have fun Frankie.

I'm going to guess Zac isn't being transparent with his gameplan.