Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread (/Thread-The-Ja-Marr-Chase-Thread)

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - masonbengals fan - 10-27-2021

Got to love that.

RE: Pitts vs Chase vs Sewell - EatonFan - 10-27-2021

(10-27-2021, 11:39 AM)jason Wrote: Only because they always give it to a QB... Chase and Derek Henry are the real MVPs at this point though.

And both are on my fantasy league (which I'm dominating!!!)

RE: Pitts vs Chase vs Sewell - Murdock2420 - 10-27-2021

(10-26-2021, 10:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: I’m actually not sure on that one. I say Adams is because he’s a better route runner, maybe one of the best in the last 20 years. I’m not sure there is anything Diggs can do Chase can’t but I think there are some things Chase can do Diggs can’t.

Really??

A guy with 7 games can do things a guy who just led the entire NFL in receiving can't...

I get this is homerville USA but can we stay in some level of sanity and reality?

RE: Pitts vs Chase vs Sewell - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-27-2021

(10-27-2021, 07:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Really??

A guy with 7 games can do things a guy who just led the entire NFL in receiving can't...

I get this is homerville USA but can we stay in some level of sanity and reality?

Stephon Diggs is a stud no doubt but when is the last time he had big monster plays every week like Chase is having?

Chase is breaking records right now and he can make a house call at anytime if you have been watching and this isn't a 
homer observation. Chase is doing things no WR has ever done as a rookie and this is fact and not homerism.

RE: Pitts vs Chase vs Sewell - Au165 - 10-27-2021

(10-27-2021, 07:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Really??

Yep, really.

Think how dumb that statement is for a second though. Because a guy led the league in yards it means he can do everything better than everyone? Can Tyreek Hill out jump Auden Tate, no he can’t but that’s not his game so it doesn’t matter. Diggs is a great receiver, but he isn’t elite in all aspects of his game and part of that is just because of who he is physically.

It gets into a lot of the nuances of the position but basically it comes down to Chases’s playing strength and speed is not something Diggs has and in turn it changes how he has to attack his route running. Diggs is a great route runner but he can be physically taken out of plays down field, so he tries to keep hands off him. Chase’s physicality and change of speed allowing him to hand fight down the field then accelerate late to create separation that is elite.

The homerville stuff you can save that. I watch more tape on this stuff than 99% of people here, this is coming from breakdown not from being a “homer”.

RE: Pitts vs Chase vs Sewell - Nicomo Cosca - 10-27-2021

Guess this guy is just a “homer” too…

Holy ****...

I've never seen this level of delusion and just flat-out homer stuff since the board said that Madeu Williams was going to be better than Troy Polamalu (yes that really was a debate).

The kid is playing great and on a crazy pace but if you are already crowning him better then guys with 5 or 6 years of elite level play it is just blind homer foolishness.

Can he be better than them? Sure. Is he right now? No, he has 7 games.

(10-27-2021, 09:15 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Holy ****...

I've never seen this level of delusion and just flat-out homer stuff since the board said that Madeu Williams was going to be better than Troy Polamalu (yes that really was a debate).

The kid is playing great and on a crazy pace but if you are already crowning him better then guys with 5 or 6 years of elite level play it is just blind homer foolishness.

I just provided you with the opinion of a “non-homer” that breaks down film for a living. Not sure why you’re getting so worked up over it. But I guess…

[Image: 66229982.jpg]

(10-27-2021, 09:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I just provided you with the opinion of a “non-homer” that breaks down film for a living. Not sure why you’re getting so worked up over it. But I guess…

[Image: 66229982.jpg]

Your desire to try and be all... look at me, I was right and white knight for this guy like he is your baby daddy is obnoxious. So much so a mod called you on it in a "playful" manner. 

You and other posters have been so obnoxious with your treating of this guy that it makes it miserable to try and cheer for him.

Also, I love how one "expert" says he'd take no one else and that is gospel just like some weeks PFF is but then other weeks it is trash cause it rates people down. 

Taking a guy with 7 games over an elite multiple time pro bowler in his prime is dumb. Plain and simple. 

Can he be better, as I said... sure, but 7 ***** games and to 7 of you around here he is Jesus Christ of football. 

(10-27-2021, 09:30 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Your desire to try and be all... look at me, I was right and white knight for this guy like he is your baby daddy is obnoxious. So much so a mod called you on it in a "playful" manner. 

You and other posters have been so obnoxious with your treating of this guy that it makes it miserable to try and cheer for him.

Also, I love how one "expert" says he'd take no one else and that is gospel just like some weeks PFF is but then other weeks it is trash cause it rates people down. 

Taking a guy with 7 games over an elite multiple time pro bowler in his prime is dumb. Plain and simple. 

Can he be better, as I said... sure, but 7 ***** games and to 7 of you around here he is Jesus Christ of football. 

This coming from the guy who had a sig comparing the drafting of Ja’Marr Chase to Mike Brown forcing his **** down our throats and us thanking him for it (you’re goddamn right I’m thankful we took him) is absolutely priceless.

You went completely off the rails during the whole civil war debate, and you haven’t come back down yet. Mentioning me being “called out” is also pretty funny, when I’ve seen several posters say there was one or two guys on the Team Sewell side that made the board unbearable to the point they had to take a break (hint - hint - you were the chief offender).

I’m not going to apologize for hyping up one the best players we’ve drafted in recent memory. Or minimize my excitement over just how good he’s been, and how much he’s helped this team be in 1st place halfway through the season.

If you want to let past squabbles ruin your excitement, that’s on you.

RE: Pitts vs Chase vs Sewell - jason - 10-27-2021

(10-27-2021, 06:30 PM)EatonFan Wrote: And both are on my fantasy league (which I'm dominating!!!)

I would imagine... I didn't overreact to the news outta camp, and the drops in preseason, but I let it creep in just enough that I drafted Higgins over Ja'Marr. Still pretty convinced that Higgins is gonna blow up soon fantasy wise... He gets targeted a ton.

(10-27-2021, 10:05 PM)jason Wrote: I would imagine... I didn't overreact to the news outta camp, and the drops in preseason, but I let it creep in just enough that I drafted Higgins over Ja'Marr. Still pretty convinced that Higgins is gonna blow up soon fantasy wise... He gets targeted a ton.

Tee will have a breakout game soon. He’s the only one of the big 3 that doesn’t have a 100 yard game so far this season. It’s coming.

RE: Pitts vs Chase vs Sewell - Au165 - 10-27-2021

You keep saying delusion, but again you don’t even actually know what your talking about. It’s not the production it’s the skill set, he has skills Diggs doesn’t have and can’t ever get. How long he has been in the league doesn’t matter his skill set isn’t going to magically get worse with more time so the length point is moot.

Brett is well regarded in NFL circles. Doug Farrar is as well and I’ve had similar conversations with him. I know an NFC scout who’s job is to scout players already in the league and he also shares a similar take. But hey Murdock 2420 disagrees so all conversation ends there and we are all delusional and homers…even all the people in the NFL who having nothing to do with the Bengals.

RE: Pitts vs Chase vs Sewell - jason - 10-27-2021

(10-27-2021, 07:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Stephon Diggs is a stud no doubt but when is the last time he had big monster plays every week like Chase is having?

Chase is breaking records right now and he can make a house call at anytime if you have been watching and this isn't a 
homer observation. Chase is doing things no WR has ever done as a rookie and this is fact and not homerism.

Um... Never.

Diggs also got off to a slow start as a rookie. Again, a rookie is doing this, and making it look effortless. If some people don't wanna enjoy it so be it.

RE: Pitts vs Chase vs Sewell - Benton - 10-27-2021

Guys...

The Bengals are having one fantastic start to their season. One of the best in a long time.

Everybody's viewpoints are welcome, but there's a ton of other things to argue about. Ticket prices. Cost of a jersey. Parking. The ability of right-handed officials to fairly officiate games.

Instead of just kicking each other over ships that have sailed, maybe... just maybe... enjoy the smooth sailing for a while? Or at least stop kicking each other in the *****.

RE: Pitts vs Chase vs Sewell - Shake n Blake - 10-28-2021

(10-27-2021, 11:12 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Jackson Carman > Sewell

I'm stoked Chase worked out (understatement), but let's not get carried away.

PFF grades:
Jackson Carman - 44.4
Penei Sewell - 66.4

...and I'd wager Pollack is better than whoever is working with Sewell.

Blah blah, PFF sucks when they disagree with me, blah blah.

I'd definitely take Chase and used toilet paper over Sewell at this point, but Sewell is the superior prospect to Carman, and playing better than him, too, according to objective people who are paid to observe every play.

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Big_Ern - 10-28-2021

Calling it.... Chase will be 1st team all pro this year

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - wanga - 10-28-2021

Yeah but next week it will be 8. 

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - impactplaya - 10-28-2021

I watched Jamarr Chase Sunday make a All-Pro CB look like a,just brought
Up practice squad player. Chase is doing things as a rookie that is the exception
Not the rule.
When Chase lines up he is,already In the head of the CB. Once a player distorts
Your plan to attack, he already has you beat.
If Sewell was drafted by this team its record would,be 2 and 5.

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Stewy - 10-28-2021

I'm enjoying Chase. He is obviously special.

As for al the other nonsense in this thread............./ignore