Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Mixon's Expected To Be Released - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Mixon's Expected To Be Released (/Thread-Mixon-s-Expected-To-Be-Released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Mixon's Expected To Be Released - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 12:25 AM)pulses Wrote: McCaffrey on one leg > Mixon

Yep.  Hilarious

RE: Mixon's Expected To Be Released - Bengal Dude - 03-11-2024

(03-08-2024, 06:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: People don't like to admit it but last offseason things didn't work out at all how they hoped. I still believed they expected to keep Bell and Perine. It was borderline a disaster of an offseason for them.

The Burrow effect coming off of a SB and AFCC game did nothing to help them keep players, or even get a discount for those wanting to "win a SB".

You're right. All the beat guys have mentioned that they didn't retain players they expected. They seemed to think that Perine was a lock, but he believed Payton's BS and wound up in Denver. I don't think they expected Bell to find a market. Rapien and Dehner both mentioned that Bell was offered a 2 year deal and they wouldn't budge off of it, even when they were told Carolina was offering him a 3 year deal.

I'm hoping the Bell saga taught them something. 

RE: Mixon's Expected To Be Released - pulses - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 01:09 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You're right. All the beat guys have mentioned that they didn't retain players they expected. They seemed to think that Perine was a lock, but he believed Payton's BS and wound up in Denver. I don't think they expected Bell to find a market. Rapien and Dehner both mentioned that Bell was offered a 2 year deal and they wouldn't budge off of it, even when they were told Carolina was offering him a 3 year deal.

Yep. Sometimes you have to go out of your comfort zone a little to keep a player you really want.

RE: Mixon's Expected To Be Released - tms - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 01:09 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You're right. All the beat guys have mentioned that they didn't retain players they expected. They seemed to think that Perine was a lock, but he believed Payton's BS and wound up in Denver. I don't think they expected Bell to find a market. Rapien and Dehner both mentioned that Bell was offered a 2 year deal and they wouldn't budge off of it, even when they were told Carolina was offering him a 3 year deal.

Such a good point. To me as a fan, free agency is always the same. I always want them to get "better" (whatever that means). But for them as a team they have clear experiences in the rearview mirror that they do/don't want to repeat, and those might have more sway in what they do this year than anything else.