Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Mixon's Expected To Be Released
(03-09-2024, 05:59 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Would love to get Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville if he is around in Round 4.

That, I could be down with. As long as DT (x2), RT, WR3, TE, S, and CB4 are taken care of first. Somehow.

FWIW, on RT. Scuttlebut on Pats Pulpit is Onwenu prefers to play Guard. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 02:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Saquon Barkley is the most talented pass blocker of the guys currently available. He had a 76.6 grade in 100 opportunities. 

Henry had a slightly better grade, but was only asked to pass block 48 times. Next are guys like Gibson and Moss, who are both solid. 

Singletary struggled this year with just a 34.3 grade in 69 chances...but was better last season.

To me, Barkley would be a great fit. Talented back, 27 years old, very good receiver and a high-end pass blocker...which is a huge factor, IMO. 

It's also a HUGE factor in our cap space and one stays healthy and the other doesn't.....
Reply/Quote
7 pages in and no release just yet. His $3 million bonus is due on 3/17.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I will say Joe Mixon has represented the Cincinnati Bengals with class since he arrived. I met him only once and he was as nice as could be. I know every one on here only cares about production/stats. Well this is a stat we should always remember. He has not fumbled the ball the last 2 years. In fact he had only 6 fumbles in 7 years and 3 of them were in his rookie year. I am sure the 49ers are still upset with Christian McCaffrey fumbling in the Super Bowl. He had 3 fumbles last year alone and twice as many as Joe in 7 years. Turnovers like walks will haunt you.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 06:07 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yep. He is durable. He never fumbles. And 1,400 yards and 12 TDs isn't chopped liver.

There is no way I release Mixon & count on a draft pick to replace him. The top picks need to address bigger needs (RT, DT, WR3, TE, CB4), whichever are left after FA. And a Day 3 pick is not a reliable replacement. 

If we sign an upgrade in FA (Henry, Barkley) or a proven equivalent (Moss?), then I could see it. Or if we knock it out of the park in FA & can spend a higher pick on a RB. But pass pro isn't a hallmark of rookie RBs. 

The running back market hasn’t hit bottom yet. Next year may even have better options. It’s too bad Mixon can’t pass block and be a good third down and short yardage back after his contract expires. He’s got sure hands.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 06:28 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That, I could be down with. As long as DT (x2), RT, WR3, TE, S, and CB4 are taken care of first. Somehow.

FWIW, on RT. Scuttlebut on Pats Pulpit is Onwenu prefers to play Guard. 
Don't be shocked if we don't bring back Lael Collins.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 07:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 7 pages in and no release just yet. His $3 million bonus is due on 3/17.

Don't worry he'll be cut soon enough.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 02:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Saquon Barkley is the most talented pass blocker of the guys currently available. He had a 76.6 grade in 100 opportunities. 

Henry had a slightly better grade, but was only asked to pass block 48 times. Next are guys like Gibson and Moss, who are both solid. 

Singletary struggled this year with just a 34.3 grade in 69 chances...but was better last season.

To me, Barkley would be a great fit. Talented back, 27 years old, very good receiver and a high-end pass blocker...which is a huge factor, IMO. 
Saquan would be a perfect signing. I see some throwing out "injury issues" but that didn't stop SF from signing McCafferty. 

You give me Saquan and Trent Brown this off season and I'd say watch out KC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 07:53 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I will say Joe Mixon has represented the Cincinnati Bengals with class since he arrived. I met him only once and he was as nice as could be. I know every one on here only cares about production/stats. Well this is a stat we should always remember. He has not fumbled the ball the last 2 years. In fact e has only 6 fumbles in 7 years and 3 of them were in his rookie year. I am sure the 49ers are still upset that Christian McCaffrey fumble in Super Bowl. He had 3 fumbles last year alone and twice as many as Joe in 7 years. Turnovers like walks will haunt you.

Maybe they'll trade us Run CMC for JM
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I am all for a revamped Bengals rushing attack, but that needs to start with a better RT.

Past that, I like the idea of Sample as a TE/HBack & then these smaller, fast RBs who are weapons out of the backfired.

Saquon & Mixon to me are similar players. I would rather cut Mixon & use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on the RB out of TX, TN, or FSU than sign Barkley for big money.
Reply/Quote
Mixon has issues for certain, but o-line is absolutely a bigger issue.

Fix the o-line and protect Burrow, and a ham sandwich will get 4 yards a carry.

It's not rocket science.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 09:58 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Mixon has issues for certain, but o-line is absolutely a bigger issue.

Fix the o-line and protect Burrow, and a ham sandwich will get 4 yards a carry.

It's not rocket science.

only way to fix the o-line is to upgrade LG and hit big on RT. If you get a Jonah level RT, and Volson remains at LG, it's gonna be the same

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 10:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: only way to fix the o-line is to upgrade LG and hit big on RT. If you get a Jonah level RT, and Volson remains at LG, it's gonna be the same

Not arguing, and agree.

Would love to upgrade at C via the draft and RT through FA.

Getting a FA at RT that Pollack cannot ruin or make worse, and we have a known commodity at C that can step back in, assuming Karras steps in for Volson. if the rookie falters. Plus having vets at either side would be fantastic for a rookie center and blunt the learning curve.

Give Burrow a wall/

Profit.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 07:53 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I will say Joe Mixon has represented the Cincinnati Bengals with class since he arrived. I met him only once and he was as nice as could be. I know every one on here only cares about production/stats. Well this is a stat we should always remember. He has not fumbled the ball the last 2 years. In fact e has only 6 fumbles in 7 years and 3 of them were in his rookie year. I am sure the 49ers are still upset that Christian McCaffrey fumble in Super Bowl. He had 3 fumbles last year alone and twice as many as Joe in 7 years. Turnovers like walks will haunt you.

I completely agree. I want Mixon to finish out his last year and then draft his replacement next year. But I won't be shocked if the team moves on as this would most assuredly be his last year. But Mixon has always had great team energy and always been a positive voice when we've had bad seasons. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 07:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 7 pages in and no release just yet. His $3 million bonus is due on 3/17.

Thats's 8 days away, keep your shirt on.... LMAO
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 09:11 PM)pulses Wrote: Don't be shocked if we don't bring back Lael Collins.

That is a double negative so I have to say.

I would not be shocked if we don't bring back Lael Collins.

I would be shocked if we bring back Lael Collins.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 12:22 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: That is a double negative so I have to say.

I would not be shocked if we don't bring back Lael Collins.

I would be shocked if we bring back Lael Collins.
I meant don't be shocked if we bring him back...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 07:53 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I am sure the 49ers are still upset with Christian McCaffrey fumbling in the Super Bowl. He had 3 fumbles last year alone and twice as many as Joe in 7 years.

That number is still below 2 per year. Meanwhile he also has about 2,000 more total yards and 20 more TDs on 50 less touches in 7 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 12:34 AM)pulses Wrote: I meant don't be shocked if we bring him back...

If La'el is 100% I am not against bringing him back at all. He is versatile.

(03-10-2024, 01:37 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That number is still below 2 per year. Meanwhile he also has about 2,000 more total yards and 20 more TDs on 50 less touches in 7 years.

Yeah, I laughed at that comparison. Give me McCaffrey and his little bit of fumbles and great production over mediocre Mixon every day.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:21 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I laughed at that comparison. Give me McCaffrey and his little bit of fumbles and great production over mediocre Mixon every day.

McCaffrey on one leg > Mixon
Reply/Quote