Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Mixon's Expected To Be Released
(03-07-2024, 08:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think Hunt is completely washed. 3.4 yards per carry and 5.9 yards per catch over the last 2 years with the Browns OL. 

134 carries last year and a long rush of just 16. Only 2 broken tackles according to PFR. The worst qualified RB in yards after contact in the NFL last year, 44th out of 44.

Would not be shocked if he's not on a roster when the 2024 season starts.

- - - - - - -

With how little we rush, I would give Ekeler a chance if he's willing to come here cheapish ($3m + incentives?) on a 1 year deal to try to win.

Remember when Hunt wanted to get a raise from the Browns?  Yeah, that was great..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Gimme Antonio Gibson at under $5 million AAV if possible. Draft a bruiser-type in the middle rounds like that kid in Wisconsin. Use Chase Brown. RBBC locked in for 2024+
Reply/Quote
I think he stays, as a #2 on the bench.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 08:45 PM)CincyKid Wrote: i found this on CBS Sports ranked by expected 2024 FA RB market value:

Jacobs $10.6
Henry $10.3
Saquon $9.9
Ekeler $7.4
D' Swift $6.7
Pollard $6.5
Moss $4.6
AJ Dillon $3.5

where would Joe Mixon rank if we cut him loose ?

And who do you sign, if anyone ?

Who's the best blocker ?

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 08:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why is everyone wanting these crappy RBs?

Same reason everyone seems to want really old safeties?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 10:12 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Who's the best blocker ?

Devin Singletary
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 11:12 PM)pulses Wrote: Devin Singletary

Moss and Dillon are also pretty good blockers but yeah, Singletary is the best and honestly has a bit more speed than both of these guys.

I like Moss though a bit better than Dillon because of the YPC and the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. But yeah, Devin I would like.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, if we're talking Singletary, Foreman and the like..

Eh, Singletary is a better pass blocker than Mixon and has better balance and vision and can break tackles and make people miss.

Foreman is faster than Mixon, has better balance and can break tackles better.

Both would be cheaper too.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 11:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Moss and Dillon are also pretty good blockers but yeah, Singletary is the best and honestly has a bit more speed than both of these guys.

I like Moss though a bit better than Dillon because of the YPC and the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. But yeah, Devin I would like.
Pass on Dillon and give us Brealon Allen in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 12:10 AM)pulses Wrote: Pass on Dillon and give us Brealon Allen in the draft.

Uh yes sir.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 12:10 AM)pulses Wrote: Pass on Dillon and give us Brealon Allen in the draft.
I've been on the Allen train.

Maybe cut Mixon, sign Singletary for a 2yr/$6-7mill deal, and draft Allen.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 10:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The more days that pass, the more I think Mixon is on the team. I dont think he's going anywhere. There's no point in keeping him on board right now especially with the rumors flying.

I've been calling it that he's not going anywhere.

The team will probably see what they can get in free agency before Mixon's roster bonus kicks in. If they don't get anyone, then they'll probably kick Mixon. 

The Bengals were looking for a RB last year in free agency, despite what our new Brian P says. Multiple beat guys said they were in touch. They just didn't want to pay much.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 12:51 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I've been on the Allen train.

Maybe cut Mixon, sign Singletary for a 2yr/$6-7mill deal, and draft Allen.

Singletary Market Value & Projected Contract
3 yrs, $16,199,085
Avg. Salary: $5,399,695
NFL Rank: 347
RB Rank: 12
Reply/Quote
I know many of you want Mixon gone, but i doubt he's going anywhere until a replacement is in hand that is not drafted.
If we draft someone, we will likely keep him so we can confidently consider him replaced.

there's no need to upset the apple cart when we are trying to make a run at a SB.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 11:45 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Singletary Market Value & Projected Contract
3 yrs, $16,199,085
Avg. Salary: $5,399,695
NFL Rank: 347
RB Rank: 12

Thanks.
That's a bit more than I would offer.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 11:50 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I know many of you want Mixon gone, but i doubt he's going anywhere until a replacement is in hand that is not drafted.
If we draft someone, we will likely keep him so we can confidently consider him replaced.

there's no need to upset the apple cart when we are trying to make a run at a SB.

I tend to agree. But Mixon has a roster bonus that hits next week. Around $3 mil. After that, any cap savings are cut in half (from $6.5 now). 
If the whole point is to save cap......
Reply/Quote
I'm skeptical that they'll move one, but it makes sense for them to. He's limited in pass blocking and isn't great at breaking tackles. I'm not sure that I think he's a guy that's going to get a huge upgrade if he leaves. The days of this team having running backs on significant contracts are probably over for the remainder of the Burrow era.

I guess what I'm saying is, they don't need someone that's worlds better than Joe. He's been a fine player. They need someone with a different skill set to serve this system.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 04:53 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm skeptical that they'll move one, but it makes sense for them to.  He's limited in pass blocking and isn't great at breaking tackles.  I'm not sure that I think he's a guy that's going to get a huge upgrade if he leaves.  The days of this team having running backs on significant contracts are probably over for the remainder of the Burrow era.  

I guess what I'm saying is, they don't need someone that's worlds better than Joe.  He's been a fine player.  They need someone with a different skill set to serve this system.

A RB that can protect the passer and break tackles? Yes please.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 01:09 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The team will probably see what they can get in free agency before Mixon's roster bonus kicks in. If they don't get anyone, then they'll probably kick Mixon. 

The Bengals were looking for a RB last year in free agency, despite what our new Brian P says. Multiple beat guys said they were in touch. They just didn't want to pay much.

People don't like to admit it but last offseason things didn't work out at all how they hoped. I still believed they expected to keep Bell and Perine. It was borderline a disaster of an offseason for them.

The Burrow effect coming off of a SB and AFCC game did nothing to help them keep players, or even get a discount for those wanting to "win a SB".

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote