Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Mixon's Expected To Be Released
(03-07-2024, 02:07 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: This is a great take on the topic imho. All one needs to do is take a look at how the Lions managed the RB position last season with Gibbs and Montgomery.  Foreman is a hammer and Chase is a switchblade. 

Many will be clamoring for Henry, Jacobs, and Barkley. If it were to work out that way, it would be great, but this is more realistic. Spend a late rd pick on another young RB that fits the system in what would hopefully be a redshirt type of year. 

I think that Foreman's Career has been wasted.

He punishes people when he plays and can take control of games with his production.

He ran a 4.46 forty at his Combine at 233 pounds.

A Dirt cheap option if you ask me and I am not sure why he doesn't draw more Money his way.
Reply/Quote
I'd be good with releasing Mixon. If we do I'd rather not bring in a vet as I think we've got Mixon's replacement on our roster already. All we need to do is draft a rookie to be a backup/3rd string.

I'd be okay with them keeping Mixon for depth reasons too. He's a solid back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 02:20 PM)depthchart Wrote: I think that Foreman's Career has been wasted.

He punishes people when he plays and can take control of games with his production.

A Dirt cheap option if you ask me and I am not sure why he doesn't draw more Money his way.

He had the joy of playing behind a horrible OL with the Bears last season, he averaged 4.5/carry on 200+ carries for the Panthers in 2022.  I think that he'd be a great cheaper option that just might be able to rejuvenate his career.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 02:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He had the joy of playing behind a horrible OL with the Bears last season, he averaged 4.5/carry on 200+ carries for the Panthers in 2022.  I think that he'd be a great cheaper option that just might be able to rejuvenate his career.

I like the Foreman thought as well.
Reply/Quote
Foreman will be at the bottom of the list. He’s had drama and NFL fines. He was a problem at UT. He had issues at Chicago. Some of you please don’t quit your day job.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 03:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Foreman will be at the bottom of the list. He’s had drama and NFL fines. He was a problem at UT. He had issues at Chicago. Some of you please don’t quit your day job.

Did your "Source" show you the list ?   Or was it a Janitor ?

Of the inexpensive Free Agents, Foreman offers a short term bridge option to a rookie.

If I am starting a Church Choir then I would avoid him but if saving Money is what people want Foreman could work.

Pompous aren't ya...
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 12:02 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't think we're the type of team to eat dead cap and create a hole in our offense. We really don't have anyone anywhere close to proven as a RB right now if we get rid of Mixon. Mixon is rarely hurt and he has good ball security. He's a solid RB who has to run behind a bad OL. It's hard to make people miss or break tackles when you don't have very big holes and you got the big boys on you right away.

Huge mistake to let him go,he is a stud at rb and never fumbles.He deserves to get a ring.you will not replace him,he is super strong and gets the first down.he is very durable,you people always look at the money and this front office has a ton of money. He has earned his keep and more so. you will not find any rb that is as good as him.You have not a clue what it going on.I am sick of all of you bashing the guy.He still has a lot in his tank and I am telling you if they release him,it will be a huge mistake.Chase Brown will get hurt badly before the season ends.His style of running is dangerous.Mark MY words,I been with my team for 53 years and if they let him go,he will be in another contenders playing lights out.Keep our running back,when they upgrade the O-line,he will be even better, Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 02:20 PM)depthchart Wrote: I think that Foreman's Career has been wasted.

He's a very underrated RB that does his job when given the opportunity. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 03:33 PM)depthchart Wrote: Did your "Source" show you the list ?   Or was it a Janitor ?

Of the inexpensive Free Agents, Foreman offers a short term bridge option to a rookie.

If I am starting a Church Choir then I would avoid him but if saving Money is what people want Foreman could work.

Pompous aren't ya...

You’re funny. He’s at the bottom of the list. He’s not a fit. He complained at UT then the Ravens. Then he had problem at the Bears. He’s been on 4 teams in 6 years. LMAO some of you guys. Some of you probably wanted Aaron Hernandez. The Bengals don’t want a guy who’s bitched about his playing time at 5 stops. LMAO
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 03:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Foreman will be at the bottom of the list. He’s had drama and NFL fines. He was a problem at UT. He had issues at Chicago. Some of you please don’t quit your day job.

Yeah. If we're talking 'cheaper option' i'd rather it be a draft pick than an old(er) guy who "might" resurrect his once promising career or a guy who "might" stay healthy. Seen enough of those guys.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 03:47 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Huge mistake to let him go,he is a stud at rb and never fumbles.He deserves to get a ring.you will not replace him,he is super strong and gets the first down.he is very durable,you people always look at the money and this front office has a ton of money. He has earned his keep and more so. you will not find any rb that is as good as him.You have not a clue what it going on.I am sick of all of you bashing the guy.He still has a lot in his tank and I am telling you if they release him,it will be a huge mistake.Chase Brown will get hurt badly before the season ends.His style of running is dangerous.Mark MY words,I been with my team for 53 years and if they let him go,he will be in another contenders playing lights out.Keep our running back,when they upgrade the O-line,he will be even better, Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger

I wanna see you and Kevin in an arm wrestling contest.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 05:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wanna see you and Kevin in an arm wrestling contest.

[Image: 3Bv.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 04:49 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You’re funny. He’s at the bottom of the list. He’s not a fit. He complained at UT then the Ravens. Then he had problem at the Bears. He’s been on 4 teams in 6 years. LMAO some of you guys. Some of you probably wanted Aaron Hernandez. The Bengals don’t want a guy who’s bitched about his playing time at 5 stops. LMAO

No one was talking about any List.

The premise leading up to me mentioning D'onte Foreman from other Posters involved getting someone for less than $6 million

so that Money could be saved. 

Looking at those cheaper backs, I like Foreman but only if adding a solid ROOKIE was also part of the premise.

Foreman does not have to be a perfect fit. The ROOKIE does.

You pompously raised a good point about Foreman possibly complaining about playing time. It was probably hard for him to

watch games from the sidelines knowing that he could go out there and THUMP people.

At this stage of his Career he could possibly realize that a role of being a BRIDGE to a rookie was what he would be paid for.

Your source may KNOW that he won't ever accept that kind of role but maybe he could since older & maybe wiser after Chicago.

*As to Mixon, I post positively about him & don't mind if he stays. I don't mind if they get Saquon or Henry & don't mind if they Bridge to a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 05:07 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: [Image: 3Bv.gif]

This is how i picture Kev.

[Image: Devon-Larratt.jpg]

I'm gonna give him the advantage here.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 05:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is how i picture Kev.

[Image: 10-shocking-facts-you-didnt-know-about-family-guy-7.jpg]

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Given our scheme don’t we need a lead back who can block?

If pollard can block he would be ideal
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 04:49 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You’re funny. He’s at the bottom of the list. He’s not a fit. He complained at UT then the Ravens. Then he had problem at the Bears. He’s been on 4 teams in 6 years. LMAO some of you guys. Some of you probably wanted Aaron Hernandez. The Bengals don’t want a guy who’s bitched about his playing time at 5 stops. LMAO

Smh at you. First of all, your board name alone suggests why your opinion is biased. Secondly, why wouldn't you want a player that wants to play, so much so, that he is lobbying or "bitching" as you so eloquently stated? 

MB is the type of owner that may allow JMix to play out his contract. If I am remembering correctly, he was the 4th ranked RB in the AFC last season. It's not that keeping him would kill us but that 6 mill could be used more efficiently. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 05:39 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Smh at you. First of all, your board name alone suggests why your opinion is biased. Secondly, why wouldn't you want a player that wants to play, so much so, that he is lobbying or "bitching" as you so eloquently stated? 

MB is the type of owner that may allow JMix to play out his contract. If I am remembering correctly, he was the 4th ranked RB in the AFC last season. It's not that keeping him would kill us but that 6 mill could be used more efficiently. 

Plus, acting like Foreman is some terrible dude while acting like Mixon is some angel is a little funny....
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 05:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is how i picture Kev.

I always flex in front of the sink at my grandma's house.

Anyways, happy trails Mixon...thanks for hurting your draft stock so we could get you in the 2nd round. I'll hold off on praising the guy too much because there is a chance the second he signs with another team he goes on a tirade about how crap the Bengals are and people get bumhurt.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 06:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Plus, acting like Foreman is some terrible dude while acting like Mixon is some angel is a little funny....

Not in the least whatsoever. Mixon in the building and on the field a tremendous leader and teammate. Tremendous. I’ve followed Foreman and his Dad at Texas. They called out the coaches on Twitter all the time. Foreman has complained about PT and hopped around with 4 teams in 6 years. He’s never happy. But carry on.

Reply/Quote