Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Mixon's Expected To Be Released
(03-07-2024, 05:39 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Smh at you. First of all, your board name alone suggests why your opinion is biased. Secondly, why wouldn't you want a player that wants to play, so much so, that he is lobbying or "bitching" as you so eloquently stated? 

MB is the type of owner that may allow JMix to play out his contract. If I am remembering correctly, he was the 4th ranked RB in the AFC last season. It's not that keeping him would kill us but that 6 mill could be used more efficiently. 

I don’t want a player who has not been happy with any team.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 04:49 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You’re funny. He’s at the bottom of the list. He’s not a fit. He complained at UT then the Ravens. Then he had problem at the Bears. He’s been on 4 teams in 6 years. LMAO some of you guys. Some of you probably wanted Aaron Hernandez. The Bengals don’t want a guy who’s bitched about his playing time at 5 stops. LMAO

Except he never played for the Ravens.  He was drafted by the Texans, then played for the Titans, Panthers and Bears.  Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 07:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Except he never played for the Ravens.  He was drafted by the Texans, then played for the Titans, Panthers and Bears.  Mellow

His insider neglected to mention this info.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 07:38 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: His insider neglected to mention this info.

My insider hasn’t mentioned anybody so negatory .
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 07:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Except he never played for the Ravens.  He was drafted by the Texans, then played for the Titans, Panthers and Bears.  Mellow

Tough crowd. Okay I said Ravens. He’s played for Indy, Houston, Chicago, and Carolina. He’s well traveled. Sorry I don’t think he’s a fit.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 07:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Tough crowd. Okay I said Ravens. He’s played for Indy, Houston, Chicago, and Carolina. He’s well traveled. Sorry I don’t think he’s a fit.

No, he never played with the Colts, either...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 07:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I don’t want a player who has not been happy with any team.

By all accounts we have that great culture going on here. If his biggest issue is being vocal about wanting more playing time, I think he'd fall in line. Ja'Marr bitched about being "always ******' open" this past season. They kept him around.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 07:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, he never played with the Colts, either...
It shows he was on the colts in 2019 here. They claimed him then had a torn bicep put him on IR and then released him. Technically he never played for them but was picked up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%27Onta_Foreman
Reply/Quote
Why is everyone wanting these crappy RBs?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 08:17 PM)pulses Wrote: It shows he was on the colts in 2019 here. They claimed him then had a torn bicep put him on IR and then released him. Technically he never played for them but was picked up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%27Onta_Foreman

When you look at his career on Pro Football Reference, it doesn't even mention the Colts, or even show being on any team in 2019.  However it went, I'm going off the one season in 2022 where he got over 200 carries with the Panthers and averaged 4.5/per for the case that he can get the job done.  Last year he played with a Bears team with an OL so bad that Walter Payton would have struggled would have had a tough time putting up respectable numbers.  In my mind, he's like a faster Samaji Perine.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 08:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why is everyone wanting these crappy RBs?

Because there are only like 5 good ones currently in the league, and none of them are available?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 08:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why is everyone wanting these crappy RBs?

Might as well keep Mixon, right? 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 08:28 PM)jason Wrote: Because there are only like 5 good ones currently in the league, and none of them are available?

Austin Eckler
Sequan Barkley
Derek Henery
Dalvin Cook
Kareem Hunt

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 08:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Might as well keep Mixon, right? 

Yep, if we're talking Singletary, Foreman and the like..

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 08:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When you look at his career on Pro Football Reference, it doesn't even mention the Colts, or even show being on any team in 2019.  However it went, I'm going off the one season in 2022 where he got over 200 carries with the Panthers and averaged 4.5/per for the case that he can get the job done.  Last year he played with a Bears team with an OL so bad that Walter Payton would have struggled would have had a tough time putting up respectable numbers.  In my mind, he's like a faster Samaji Perine.
Yeah he's a much faster Perine.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Austin Eckler
Sequan Barkley
Derek Henery
Dalvin Cook
Kareem Hunt

I don't doubt the quality of any of those backs, but I'd be leery of spending significant money on any of them.  Weather it be age, premature age from overuse, injury history, or a guy with character issues that has an inflated view of his own worth, I think the risk of investing big in any of them would be very high.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
https://heavy.com/sports/chicago-bears/donta-foreman-scratch-nfl-rumors-news/#:~:text=The%20Bears%20scratched%20him%20from,snaps%20in%20a%20Bears%20uniform.

Reply/Quote
Sequan Barkley
Derek Henery
Dalvin Cook
Kareem Hunt

Threadbare... Those guys have all been around as long as the worn out JAG that we're trying to move on from. Barkley might have some left but I think he'll stay in New York for more than we'd wanna pay him. Those guys were all excellent at one point though.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Sequan Barkley
Derek Henery
Dalvin Cook
Kareem Hunt

I think Hunt is completely washed. 3.4 yards per carry and 5.9 yards per catch over the last 2 years with the Browns OL. 

134 carries last year and a long rush of just 16. Only 2 broken tackles according to PFR. The worst qualified RB in yards after contact in the NFL last year, 44th out of 44.

Would not be shocked if he's not on a roster when the 2024 season starts.

- - - - - - -

With how little we rush, I would give Ekeler a chance if he's willing to come here cheapish ($3m + incentives?) on a 1 year deal to try to win. My main worry with him is just how bad he's been in the playoffs. Not sure if that's a him issue or a Chargers issue, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
i found this on CBS Sports ranked by expected 2024 FA RB market value:

Jacobs $10.6
Henry $10.3
Saquon $9.9
Ekeler $7.4
D' Swift $6.7
Pollard $6.5
Moss $4.6
AJ Dillon $3.5

where would Joe Mixon rank if we cut him loose ?

And who do you sign, if anyone ?
Reply/Quote