Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
PnR Decorum and suspensions - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: PnR Decorum and suspensions (/Thread-PnR-Decorum-and-suspensions)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - Benton - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 12:06 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Does this mean saying "honky" is off limits, or am I cool ?

if you're still using the word honky in 2017, you weren't cool to start with. Mellow

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - Rotobeast - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 12:16 AM)Benton Wrote: if you're still using the word honky in 2017, you weren't cool to start with. Mellow
Pfffttt...
This coming from "The Man".

Jive Turkey !

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - Bengalzona - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 12:18 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Pfffttt...

Jive Turkey !

In order to be PC, you should be using the term "cracker", homey. ThumbsUp

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - Benton - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 12:18 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Pfffttt...

Jive Turkey !

I can't decide if it's my job to repress with the banhammer or oppress by closing all threads.

Being The Man has too many options. Cool

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - Rotobeast - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 09:02 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: In order to be PC, you should be using the term "cracker", homey.

I save that term for you guys in charge, for obvious reasons.
Ninja

(03-28-2017, 11:23 AM)Benton Wrote: I can't decide if it's my job to repress with the banhammer or oppress by closing all threads.

Being The Man has too many options. Cool

I'll be happy, as long as you let me sit in the shade on the porch, Boss.
Maybe allow me have a gander, once in a while at Holic's Kate Upton wall art collection?

As you know, I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Have you seen my thermos ?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - 6andcounting - 03-28-2017

I hereby motion in favor of having every "CNN" that appears on this sub-section be auto-changed to "very fake news".

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - BmorePat87 - 03-29-2017

that awkward moment when 3 of the top 4 posters can't post in this sub forum.

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - wildcats forever - 03-29-2017

(03-29-2017, 03:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: that awkward moment when 3 of the top 4 posters can't post in this sub forum.

....or that awkward moment when one realizes that top posters are the ones that can post in this sub forum.

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - BmorePat87 - 03-29-2017

(03-29-2017, 04:29 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: ....or that awkward moment when one realizes that top posters are the ones that can post in this sub forum.

Just not 3 of the top 4. Cause they're banned/suspended. 

Just a joke.

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - TheLeonardLeap - 03-29-2017

(03-29-2017, 03:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: that awkward moment when 3 of the top 4 posters can't post in this sub forum.

#ADayWithoutCallingRacist
#ADayWithoutHeSureIs
#ADayWithoutImpeachment

Ninja

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - 6andcounting - 03-29-2017

Top =/= highest quantity.

See those aforementioned 4. 

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - xxlt - 03-29-2017

(03-28-2017, 12:16 AM)Benton Wrote: if you're still using the word honky in 2017, you weren't cool to start with. Mellow

He's bringing it back!

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - Bengalzona - 07-07-2017

A reminder and a new warning:

1) Keep comments directed to the topics presented rather than directing them specifically at other members. If someone presents a topic or idea that you don't agree with, it is perfectly fine to address that topic or idea. It is NOT okay to write or insinuate that the person presenting that topic or idea is "stupid", "ignorant", etc. for presenting that topic or idea.

2) If you quote another member and decide to change the wording of their quote, you are walking on thin ice. If you change that quote to try and make that other person appear in a bad light, that post will be deleted and you may receive some time off to reconsider what you wrote.

Treat each other with respect, people.

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - Belsnickel - 07-07-2017

(07-07-2017, 09:02 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: A reminder and a new warning:

1) Keep comments directed to the topics presented rather than directing them specifically at other members. If someone presents a topic or idea that you don't agree with, it is perfectly fine to address that topic or idea. It is NOT okay to write or insinuate that the person presenting that topic or idea is "stupid", "ignorant", etc. for presenting that topic or idea.

2) If you quote another member and decide to change the wording of their quote, you are walking on thin ice. If you change that quote to try and make that other person appear in a bad light, that post will be deleted and you may receive some time off to reconsider what you wrote.

Treat each other with respect, people.

Serious question on this, because I think this is a fine line. Ignorance is just a lack of knowledge on a subject. A lot of opinions on the topics we discuss here often come from a place of ignorance and so it can be difficult to not insinuate that. I say this because I only consider ignorance as something to be overcome with more knowledge and not something as inherently negative. I just want to get some clarification on that ahead of time.

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - Dill - 07-07-2017

(07-07-2017, 09:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Serious question on this, because I think this is a fine line. Ignorance is just a lack of knowledge on a subject. A lot of opinions on the topics we discuss here often come from a place of ignorance and so it can be difficult to not insinuate that. I say this because I only consider ignorance as something to be overcome with more knowledge and not something as inherently negative. I just want to get some clarification on that ahead of time.

My two cents, hoping I understood your point, Bels.

I agree with your take on the concept of "ignorance."  And people who don't know a subject may take great umbrage if, however obliquely, your response to a post reveals their lack of knowledge.

If I understand Zona, however, the mods aren't out to create "safe spaces" for sensitive posters. Rather, they don't want us to call one another "ignorant" and otherwise engage in personal invective.  When that happens, the term is not descriptive but a species of name calling and destroys dialogue. They may also look askance at designating groups with that term, especially if the poster knows that someone he is addressing belongs to that group. E.g., "Democrats and Bengals fans are ignorant."

If someone posted an erroneous account of Quangos, and you could not respectfully correct it via explanation and supporting links for fear the poster might think you "condescending," then meaningful discussion of politics and religion would not be possible. That would concede the field to "ignorance."  I doubt the mods want that. 

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - TheLeonardLeap - 07-07-2017

Dang, whatever it was, it looks like GMDino and StLucie ate the hammer for it.

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - Bengalzona - 07-08-2017

(07-07-2017, 09:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Serious question on this, because I think this is a fine line. Ignorance is just a lack of knowledge on a subject. A lot of opinions on the topics we discuss here often come from a place of ignorance and so it can be difficult to not insinuate that. I say this because I only consider ignorance as something to be overcome with more knowledge and not something as inherently negative. I just want to get some clarification on that ahead of time.

The problem is not being ignorant. I am ignorant of many things in life. The problem is stating that someone else is ignorant in order to denigrate and degrade them. 

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - Vas Deferens - 07-08-2017

Luckily for me, I am all knowing and love everyone equally.

Can't we all just get along FOLKS! Just take everyone's hate speach with a grain of whatever regionally appropriate salt (sea, Mediterranean, deer) fits in your pea shooter.

Thanks for the update moderatos. Me love you long time.

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - Belsnickel - 07-08-2017

(07-07-2017, 10:00 PM)Dill Wrote: My two cents, hoping I understood your point, Bels.

I agree with your take on the concept of "ignorance."  And people who don't know a subject may take great umbrage if, however obliquely, your response to a post reveals their lack of knowledge.

If I understand Zona, however, the mods aren't out to create "safe spaces" for sensitive posters. Rather, they don't want us to call one another "ignorant" and otherwise engage in personal invective.  When that happens, the term is not descriptive but a species of name calling and destroys dialogue. They may also look askance at designating groups with that term, especially if the poster knows that someone he is addressing belongs to that group. E.g., "Democrats and Bengals fans are ignorant."

If someone posted an erroneous account of Quangos, and you could not respectfully correct it via explanation and supporting links for fear the poster might think you "condescending," then meaningful discussion of politics and religion would not be possible. That would concede the field to "ignorance."  I doubt the mods want that. 

(07-08-2017, 12:25 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: The problem is not being ignorant. I am ignorant of many things in life. The problem is stating that someone else is ignorant in order to denigrate and degrade them. 

I get it, I just wanted to make sure that was out there because there are plenty of times where I may remark on someone's lack of understanding, but it isn't something that is intended to be a degrading remark. I know it can come across as such and be seen as personal, but this is why I often just don't engage in many conversations with certain posters or stop at a point where their ignorance is showing, so I don't go down that road. And I hold back because I don't know how the other poster, or the mods, will generally take it.

RE: PnR Decorum and suspensions - Vas Deferens - 07-08-2017

We have lift off