Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
PnR Decorum and suspensions
I think it's an understatement to say things have been getting out of hand (again) in PnR threads. The mod team tries to let this place be as open as possible for discussion but (again) personal insults, name calling and attacks on each other won't be tolerated, regardless of whether or not they're in a thread or in personal messages.

Likewise, following someone from thread to thread to rehash old arguments will stop. Engage in discussions, welcome discourse, but when you've said your peace, leave it be.

With that said, we will be utilizing a new suspension system in PnR. If you engage in personal attacks, spam threads (or the forum itself with multiple threads on the same topic), or otherwise troll PnR you will be suspended from it temporarily. PnR suspensions will not necessarily result in suspensions from the rest of the board, but they might. That will be judged on an individual basis. But during the time, you will be prohibited from posting in PnR.

And I would encourage anyone who finds themselves temporarily banned from PnR not to address the issue in other forums, as that will result in more severe consequences (like I'll take you off my Christmas card list).

We also have the feature of prohibiting posters from posting in a particular thread. Again, if you find yourself unable to post in a thread you've been prohibited from posting in, I encourage you to not go address that in another thread. Consider it — and the PnR suspensions — a "cooling off" period.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
And so it is written and so it shall be.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(03-07-2016, 03:07 PM)Benton Wrote: I think it's an understatement to say things have been getting out of hand (again) in PnR threads. The mod team tries to let this place be as open as possible for discussion but (again) personal insults, name calling and attacks on each other won't be tolerated, regardless of whether or not they're in a thread or in personal messages.

Likewise, following someone from thread to thread to rehash old arguments will stop. Engage in discussions, welcome discourse, but when you've said your peace, leave it be.

With that said, we will be utilizing a new suspension system in PnR. If you engage in personal attacks, spam threads (or the forum itself with multiple threads on the same topic), or otherwise troll PnR you will be suspended from it temporarily. PnR suspensions will not necessarily result in suspensions from the rest of the board, but they might. That will be judged on an individual basis. But during the time, you will be prohibited from posting in PnR.

And I would encourage anyone who finds themselves temporarily banned from PnR not to address the issue in other forums, as that will result in more severe consequences (like I'll take you off my Christmas card list).

We also have the feature of prohibiting posters from posting in a particular thread. Again, if you find yourself unable to post in a thread you've been prohibited from posting in, I encourage you to not go address that in another thread. Consider it — and the PnR suspensions — a "cooling off" period.

Stupid.......

Damn It!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-07-2016, 03:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Stupid.......

Damn It!!

LOL.  You read it.  Noob.  

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Can I ask then why Dino is still here? He has disagreed with me more than once and I find that intolerable.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-07-2016, 03:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Can I ask then why Dino is still here?  He has disagreed with me more than once and I find that  intolerable.

I think you just answered your own question.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
MOre of that damn PC pussification of our country.

How the hell are we going to raise real men in this country if we take away their RIGHT to use childish personal insults?
(03-07-2016, 03:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think you just answered your own question.   Mellow

Oh I forgot. You're white.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Can you also change someone's 'user title' if they are banned from a specific thread / forum? Or maybe a post saying 'this numb nutted idiot is now excluded from the conversation'. I don't want to miss out on the glory that is shaming posters and knowing I'm better than them.
I'm glad I left this sticky open instead of closing it. Will make it much easier to just go down the list...

Mellow
(03-07-2016, 04:12 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Can you also change someone's 'user title' if they are banned from a specific thread / forum?  Or maybe a post saying 'this numb nutted idiot is now excluded from the conversation'.  I don't want to miss out on the glory that is shaming posters and knowing I'm better than them.

The joy of conceited arrogance is it's own reward.
I'm cool with this.... I think it's fair and reasonable.

I think multiple topic threads could get a little hairy given some topics like the ones currently involving Europe for example.
(03-07-2016, 04:13 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm glad I left this sticky open instead of closing it. Will make it much easier to just go down the list...

Mellow

You had to know there would be a lot of stupidity and probably 2 (now 3) intelligent comments.

(03-07-2016, 04:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You had to know there would be a lot of stupidity and probably 2 (now 3) intelligent comments.

Three? Like comments 1, 10 & 11?

Mellow

Seriously, though, I figured there either would be conversation in a new thread or a conversation in this thread. Might as well not clutter the place up any more than necessary.
(03-07-2016, 04:47 PM)Benton Wrote: Three? Like comments 1, 10 & 11?

Mellow

Seriously, though, I figured there either would be conversation in a new thread or a conversation in this thread. Might as well not clutter the place up any more than necessary.

Not those specifically but yeah like that.

I see PnR is still filled with a bunch of sissy hurt feelings.... Ninja
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Most people who post in P&R are generally good posters, if sometimes irreverent. Irreverence is sort of the nature of our boards and of political and religious discussions in general. That is okay. What is not okay are personal insinuations about or personal attacks on other posters. That is the boundary that has been crossed too many times lately.

Examples: It is one thing to say that Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump is a scumbag, etc. You are expressing an opinion on a political figure. It is quite another thing to say that, for example only, StLucie or oncemoreintothejimbreech is a scumbag. That is not acceptable. This would include saying that StLucie or oncemoreintothejimbreech (once again, for example only) is a scumbag because he thinks Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump is a scumbag.

Note: This includes responses to other people who may have made a personal attack or insinuation on you. It is not acceptable to respond to them in like manner and you will face the same discipline as they do.

(Special thanks to StLucie and oncemoreintothejimbreech for the use of their usernames in the examples).
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
I never get used in examples, I feel shunned.

As to the topic, maybe now things can get discussed, threads advanced by discussion on the topic rather than being derailed and advanced like that.

Threads will now die rather than carry on as needed...maybe?
(03-07-2016, 06:50 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Threads will now die rather than carry on as needed...maybe?

Good question.

Hopefully, when a thread's time is over, it will sink to the bottom and disappear. As an example, Neb has a thread nominating himself as a write in candidate. For example purposes, if nobody replies in it and it drops to page three, it's probably unlikely Neb is getting elected.

(Special thanks to Nebuchadnezzar for the use of his username in the example).

Mellow
(03-07-2016, 06:50 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I never get used in examples, I feel shunned.

As to the topic, maybe now things can get discussed, threads advanced by discussion on the topic rather than being derailed and advanced like that.

Threads will now die rather than carry on as needed...maybe?

Another example:

If Neb were to call Benton a quivering ball of parrot droppings, then Neb would be banned for life.

However, if it were actually later found that quivering balls of parrot droppings were in fact a healthy and good thing essential for human existence and happiness, Neb's ban would be repealed and he would be invited to the annual party where the management spanks and humiliates SCS.

Got it? ThumbsUp

(Special thanks to Nebuchadnezzar, Benton and SteelCitySouth for the use of their usernames in the example).
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]