Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
PnR Decorum and suspensions
(03-14-2016, 12:32 PM)Benton Wrote: It's the stupidity vortex. Sucks down more men than Gianna Michaels.

How bad is it that I initially read that as George Michael ?
LOL

Anyway. .. I suppose this forum is probably an outlet for people to get rid of pent-up daily aggression. 
It could be saving lives, for all we know.

Meh...
(03-14-2016, 12:25 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I understand.
Everyone would rather just take jabs at one another. 
I've fallen into the same routine, more than I care to admit.
This is why I've resorted to doing (semi-)humorous drive-by posting. 

Yeah, I noticed getting myself caught up in it and so have been doing my best to just stop when I feel myself about to insult someone. It has the likely unwelcome effect of making some people feel as though they have 'won'.

(03-14-2016, 12:32 PM)Benton Wrote: Your stuff is too high brow. Dumb it down some.

Mellow

While certainly not true for all of it, sometimes I wonder if that is the case for some of it.

(03-14-2016, 12:32 PM)Benton Wrote: It's vicious cycle sometimes. I think we've all fallen into it at least once. You plan on avoiding posting in a thread and then you see something so stupid, you have to comment. It's the stupidity vortex. Sucks down more men than Gianna Michaels.

So much truth in this.
(03-14-2016, 11:24 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: If people thought a thread redundant,  why would they not refrain from replying and let it fall down the list ?
Why take the bait/hook ?
:hooked:
This has always been my point of view (given there are very few threads that I do not feel require my $0.02) and we go down a slippery slope when we start merging threads; especially in such a small environment. For instance 5 of the 19 posts currently on front page are by one person and all but one of them has the same "Conservatives are stupid/racists" theme. Could they be merged? Funny enough the only one that does not have that theme is one about reporting posts/threads.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-14-2016, 11:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, I see some awesome stuff on reddit and think to myself "gee, this would be great for P&R". When I do break down and share it, though, no conversation. The one exception to this has been the education thread I posted which, while it wasn't burning down the house with posts, generated some interesting discussion. Most of the time, though, topics get ignored and no real discussion happens. Doesn't encourage much in the way of thread starting.

We had a good core group of posters on the old board, many who came here. But that occurred over time and with good moderation (often 34). Now that our "wild, wild West" problem is getting tamed here, I'd look for some more thoughtful conversations and better reactions to more intelligent threads in the future.

But then again, it is an election year..... Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(03-14-2016, 12:25 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: That being the case, why are people so sensitive to seeing something posted that they know the OP is prone to present ?
The general complaint is "it's knocking the good threads off of the front page".
Why not ignore the thread they dislike and quit bumping it up with bickering ?
Why not bump the threads you find superior ?
It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't know.

Personally, I never complained about Sloppy's redundant threads on the old boards. I just posted pictures of cats ThumbsUp .

BTW - It is not like Lucie's threads were deleted. They are all still there. And if he makes a new thread on a similar topic, we will let it breathe for a day or so and see how it does before tossing it in here.

Personally, I have nothing against Lucie. I think he is an asset to P&R as he is the most prolific thread-creator here. If you check his threads, you'll see that he posts a lot more than just "Europe -vs- the Evil Muslim Immigrants" threads.
(03-14-2016, 01:44 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I don't know.

Personally, I never complained about Sloppy's redundant threads on the old boards. I just posted pictures of cats ThumbsUp .

In other forums,  I usually posted sinks or lamps.
Ninja
With all due respect suspending me this last time was utterly ridiculous.

People piss and moan about how I don't use the right terminology and then when I create a Thread to have an open discussion about the new terminology in a light hearted manner I get sent to purple . And you all wonder why I use ______.

As far as the garbage bin thread.... No idea why we were combining threads that involve
1. sexual assault
2. a single nation's immigration/border policy,
3. hate crimes due to religious beliefs.
4. terrorism.

If it's being combined over migrants in Europe being involved then I guess we should combine all these threads about white people in North America.

I know for some the topic of migrants in Europe upsets them but it's literally changing political landscapes across the map. We are seeing the far right rise to power all over Europe and making insane amounts of gains. And even when they aren't winning they are forcing their top policy agenda..... Immigration and border policy.

If you insist on boiling this down to Lucie hates brown people and Muslims then that's on you to reflect. But these stories and topics are relevant and deserve their own threads because of the political chain reactions they are setting off all over the globe. And oh by the way who lends these far right parties money???? Russians.

But hey keep taking the narrow approach of just thinking it's because I love making brown people and Muslims look bad.
(03-14-2016, 01:44 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Personally, I have nothing against Lucie. I think he is an asset to P&R as he is the most prolific thread-creator here. If you check his threads, you'll see that he posts a lot more than just "Europe -vs- the Evil Muslim Immigrants" threads.

Thank you for noticing.
Some people never learn.

Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-15-2016, 07:57 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: With all due respect suspending me this last time was utterly ridiculous.  

People piss and moan about how I don't use the right terminology and then when I create a Thread to have an open discussion about the new terminology in a light hearted manner I get sent to purple .     And you all wonder why I use ______.  

As far as the garbage bin thread....     No idea why we were combining threads that involve
1. sexual assault
4. terrorism.    

If it's being combined over migrants in Europe being involved then I guess we should combine all these threads about white people in North America.    

I know for some the topic of migrants in Europe upsets them but it's literally changing political landscapes across the map.    We are seeing the far right rise to power all over Europe and making insane amounts of gains.    And even when they aren't winning they are forcing their top policy agenda..... Immigration and border policy.    

If you insist on boiling this down to Lucie hates brown people and Muslims then that's on you to reflect.    But these stories and topics are relevant and deserve their own threads because of the political chain reactions they are setting off all over the globe.     And oh by the way who lends these far right parties money????   Russians.    

But hey keep taking the narrow approach of just thinking it's because I love making brown people and Muslims look bad.

1) We don't discuss individual suspensions or bannings publicly. This goes for posters as well.

2) The so-called 'garbage bin' thread is generating 5 times as many posts as the original threads combined, and the posts are primarily well-thought positions and arguments on issues rather than whiny complaints and criticisms of other posters. In that light, it is not a 'garbage bin'. It is a 'recycle bin' has has produced productive conversations. This is a good thing.

3) Why don't we chill out on the "brown people" talk. I live in Arizona. I'm brown 9 months out of the year.
(03-15-2016, 11:42 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: 1) We don't discuss individual suspensions or bannings publicly. This goes for posters as well.

2) The so-called 'garbage bin' thread is generating 5 times as many posts as the original threads combined, and the posts are primarily well-thought positions and arguments on issues rather than whiny complaints and criticisms of other posters. In that light, it is not a 'garbage bin'. It is a 'recycle bin' has has produced productive conversations. This is a good thing.

3) Why don't we chill out on the "brown people" talk. I live in Arizona. I'm brown 9 months out of the year.

Just because you fall asleep reading Old Man Quarterly outside doesn't make you....
(03-15-2016, 07:57 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: With all due respect suspending me this last time was utterly ridiculous.  

People piss and moan about how I don't use the right terminology and then when I create a Thread to have an open discussion about the new terminology in a light hearted manner I get sent to purple .     And you all wonder why I use ______.  

As far as the garbage bin thread....     No idea why we were combining threads that involve
1. sexual assault
4. terrorism.    

I know for some the topic of migrants in Europe upsets them but it's literally changing political landscapes across the map.    We are seeing the far right rise to power all over Europe and making insane amounts of gains.    And even when they aren't winning they are forcing their top policy agenda..... Immigration and border policy.    

If you insist on boiling this down to Lucie hates brown people and Muslims then that's on you to reflect.    But these stories and topics are relevant and deserve their own threads because of the political chain reactions they are setting off all over the globe.     And oh by the way who lends these far right parties money????   Russians.    

Cry Cry Cry Cry

1. sexual assault
4. terrorism.    

Welcome back !
I didn't see the thread you got the hammer for, so I don't have an opinion on that.
I have made my opinion known on Meta-Threads.
I agree that each story most likely deserved it's own thread. 
Maybe just avoid putting migrant or immigration in each title ?
(03-15-2016, 12:37 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Welcome back !
I didn't see the thread you got the hammer for, so I don't have an opinion on that.
I have made my opinion known on Meta-Threads.
I agree that each story most likely deserved it's own thread. 
Maybe just avoid putting migrant or immigration in each title ?

Yeah silly me, I forgot where we were, words hurt here.

I will just evolve my ways and work around the situation as I am forced to do quite often.
(03-15-2016, 11:42 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: 1) We don't discuss individual suspensions or bannings publicly. This goes for posters as well.

1. That's fine.

2. A "recycle bin" of European immigration issues has evolved into domestic immigration talk. While Poor Neb's domestic immigration thread just sits there....

When some of these other threads on trump, White people, and Christians get tossed into their own recycle bin threads then we might have some consistency.

By the standards used to merge my threads. All Threads dealing with North American politics, immigration, sexual crimes, white people, and terrorism should be tossed into the same thread.

I don't care if you want to suppress discussion however you guys wish. Just be consistent.
(03-15-2016, 01:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't care if you want to suppress discussion however you guys wish. 

Nothing has been deleted.  There is no suppression.

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
(03-15-2016, 01:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. That's fine.  

2. A "recycle bin" of European immigration issues has evolved into domestic immigration talk.  While Poor Neb's domestic immigration thread just sits there....    

When some of these other threads on trump, White people, and Christians get tossed into their own recycle bin threads then we might have some consistency.

By the standards used to merge my threads.   All Threads dealing with North American politics, immigration, sexual crimes, white people, and terrorism should be tossed into the same thread.  

I don't care if you want to suppress discussion however you guys wish.   Just be consistent.

Perhaps it would be best to stop complaining about mod decisions, and just be glad that you are still here...able to participate in PnR.  ThumbsUp

The staff, Benton and Zona in particular, have went out of their way to make sure that PnR remains a part of this board by trying different ideas in hopes of improving the overall quality of this sub-forum. Any decisions that are made, are done so with the best interest of PnR, and the board as a whole, in mind.
(03-15-2016, 01:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. That's fine.  

2. A "recycle bin" of European immigration issues has evolved into domestic immigration talk.  While Poor Neb's domestic immigration thread just sits there....    

By the standards used to merge my threads.   All Threads dealing with North American politics, immigration, sexual crimes, white people, and terrorism should be tossed into the same thread.  

I don't care if you want to suppress discussion however you guys wish.   Just be consistent.

[Image: S6NcVpg.gif]

Wink
(03-15-2016, 01:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: A "recycle bin" of European immigration issues has evolved into domestic immigration talk.  While Poor Neb's domestic immigration thread just sits there....    

Evolution... creating better things for thousands of years running. ThumbsUp

Quote:When some of these other threads on trump, White people, and Christians get tossed into their own recycle bin threads then we might have some consistency.

When there are as many threads about those topics with as little interest, then I'm sure they could be candidates for evolution. ThumbsUp

Quote:I don't care if you want to suppress discussion however you guys wish.   Just be consistent.

No. If I want to suppress a discussion, I could just delete the thread(s) (And believe me, that would be a lot easier). Alternatively, I could delete threads AND ban the thread-maker. Now, doesn't merging threads seem a lot nicer. ThumbsUp

BTW - Consistency is my middle name... Bengal "Consistency" Zona.
(03-15-2016, 05:13 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Evolution... creating better things for thousands of years running. ThumbsUp

When there are as many threads about those topics with as little interest, then I'm sure they could be candidates for evolution. ThumbsUp

No. If I want to suppress a discussion, I could just delete the thread(s) (And believe me, that would be a lot easier). Alternatively, I could delete threads AND ban the thread-maker. Now, doesn't merging threads seem a lot nicer. ThumbsUp

BTW - Consistency is my middle name... Bengal "Consistency" Zona.

Huh....I was under the impressio your name was Bengal "CuckoldbySCS" Zona.   
[Image: m6moCD1.png]