Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow to the Hospital
(10-10-2021, 08:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Andy Dalton had the same performance and choked at the end with that same bone headed pick, then wound up in the hospital with a throat contusion, the jokes would've been more fast and furious than Dom Toretto saying "family".

Joe is getting off pretty light I'd say, mostly because people like him a lot more than Andy.

I'm not gonna lie...if it had happened that way, i'd probably be one of the first to chime in with it.  Nervous

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: One thing we can all agree on is Joe's time as a Bengal will be short. I can't see him surviving a 10+ year career here. He's just an injury away every game he plays.

If Burrow is legit hurt here and/or gets a decent knock this season, it's going to look pretty un-good.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think there's a pretty big distinction between a guy going to a hospital after an injury, and a guy getting banged up, playing 2.5 more quarters of football, and then going to the hospital just to get checked out.

We all know it's not life threatening or anything. He literally did peak-level athleticism for 2+ hours afterwards. So it is either nothing bad, or Taylor and the Bengals are guilty of trying to literally kill Joe Burrow. I'm leaning towards the former.

Note nobody is making any jokes about Evans.

I didn't make any Burrow jokes, but I am not going to act morally indignant about them either.

Read Pally’s post about throat injuries. We know absolutely nothing yet. And it could potentially be serious. Some are acting like our franchise QB being taken to the hospital (having trouble speaking) is just “no big deal.” Maybe I’m just a worrier, but cracking jokes about it is the last thing on my mind right now.

Reply/Quote
For those who are saying he was able to play it must not be serious, I give you this.

https://loudwire.com/judas-priest-richie-faulkner-perfect-painkiller-solo-heart-aorta-ruptures/

Dude had his aorta rupture and still played a guitar solo.

Not saying Burrow's injury is on that level but people can do amazing things when adrenaline is kicking.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:17 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Or lost if their kicker makes a PAT or hits 1 of 3 FGs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once their kicker misses it's a new game. What if's don't work like that. If he had made them, the Bengals decision making would have changed and it would have been a different ending. Once something happens, it's over. It happened. When the Bengals then line up for a winning kick, nothing before that matters except exactly what happened to lead to that point. Then when EM misses and GB lines up for the game winner, nothing before that matters except exactly what happened to lead to that point. Etc, Etc, Etc...

There is no "if such and such had done this..." because it would have changed what came after. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:07 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: For those who are saying he was able to play it must not be serious, I give you this.

https://loudwire.com/judas-priest-richie-faulkner-perfect-painkiller-solo-heart-aorta-ruptures/

Dude had his aorta rupture and still played a guitar solo.

Not saying Burrow's injury is on that level but people can do amazing things when adrenaline is kicking.

Chris Simms once finished a game then literally almost died.  Mellow

Hoping Joe's injury is just something minor, but was also hoping we would've held off on the jokes until we made sure. 
Reply/Quote
We should all hold hands and sing kumbaya, so that certain posters don’t get offended and chastise us for making harmless jokes.

Lighten up, Francis.

We’re gonna continue the joking about choking with the contusion throat thing
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Burrow is legit hurt here and/or gets a decent knock this season, it's going to look pretty un-good.

The national media (and some of our bigger drama queen fans) are already going to run with the narrative that we’re getting Burrow killed. Even though anyone that actually watches every snap has seen he brings a lot of the biggest hits on himself. I guarantee all some people will take from this is “Burrow in hospital due to the Bengals having the worst OL in the history of football.”

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:43 PM)BengalRed Wrote: So in your words Joe should be released?

Released? Lol how did you get that out of it? Allen  isn't even half the QB Burrow is. That would be stupid..
Reply/Quote
According to Chase, Joe had no problem talking to him about the game after the game. So something might have rapidly progressed.
Reply/Quote
Hope he’s ok. I hate to see this.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: We should all hold hands and sing kumbaya, so that certain posters don’t get offended and chastise us for making harmless jokes.

Lighten up, Francis.

We’re gonna continue the joking about choking with the contusion throat thing

Let me make it clear that I'm not clutching my pearls over people joking about this, so much as I'm a bit surprised Burrow isn't being given more of a sacrosanct position by us.  Burrow is our golden child, plus we are the same people who declared Mixon done for the year in week 1 when he had the tape cut off his ankle. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Let me make it clear that I'm not clutching my pearls over people joking about this, so much as I'm a bit surprised Burrow isn't being given more of a sacrosanct position by us.  Burrow is our golden child, plus we are the same people who declared Mixon done for the year in week 1 when he had the tape cut off his ankle. 

I think that's a good thing

shows that we dont take this too seriously. It's just football at the end of the day

I hate hero worshipping
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Read Pally’s post about throat injuries. We know absolutely nothing yet. And it could potentially be serious. Some are acting like our franchise QB being taken to the hospital (having trouble speaking) is just “no big deal.” Maybe I’m just a worrier, but cracking jokes about it is the last thing on my mind right now.

See, I don't agree with the sentiment, but at least I respect it from Holic/Nate because I know they're not being hypocritical. You're only like this because it is Burrow so starting all this nonsense rings hollow.

"Fat Randy needs to go. If you can’t even be counted on for a chip shot without injuring your fat ass you’re not worthy of being a professional athlete."  - Nicomo Cosca in a Gameday thread right after a Bengals player injury.

Zero concern, zero care about insulting him thoroughly and demanding a guy lose his job, and he didn't play hours of football afterwards. You just lit him up. Now that it's Burrow, all of a sudden it's time for pearl clutching. Again, I never even made a Burrow joke, but you deciding that this was the time to set up your pulpit is just outright hypocritical.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think that's a good thing

shows that we dont take this too seriously. It's just football at the end of the day

I hate hero worshipping

Fair point.  Still, if I'm a Steeler fan lurking on this board I'd wager Bengals fans might be throwing humor at a situation where they're probably a bit scurred. Now since I'm role playing as a Steeler fan, I'm off to drink enough Iron City to hit on my cousin.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Read Pally’s post about throat injuries. We know absolutely nothing yet. And it could potentially be serious. Some are acting like our franchise QB being taken to the hospital (having trouble speaking) is just “no big deal.” Maybe I’m just a worrier, but cracking jokes about it is the last thing on my mind right now.

You should call the hospital,  let him know you are thinking about him.. He will appreciate it...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: See, I don't agree with the sentiment, but at least I respect it from Holic/Nate because I know they're not being hypocritical. You're only like this because it is Burrow so starting all this nonsense rings hollow.

"Fat Randy needs to go. If you can’t even be counted on for a chip shot without injuring your fat ass you’re not worthy of being a professional athlete."  - Nicomo Cosca in a Gameday thread right after a Bengals player injury.

Zero concern, zero care about insulting him thoroughly and demanding a guy lose his job, and he didn't play hours of football afterwards. You just lit him up. Now that it's Burrow, all of a sudden it's time for pearl clutching. Again, I never even made a Burrow joke, but you deciding that this was the time to set up your pulpit is just outright hypocritical.
 BURN!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Chris Simms once finished a game then literally almost died.  Mellow

Hoping Joe's injury is just something minor, but was also hoping we would've held off on the jokes until we made sure. 

I remember that, ruptured his spleen. Was hurt, went off the field and then came back and lead a scoring drive I think. After the game they realized he was extremely close to death. 

I'm sure Burrow is going to be fine and that if this inury is a problem, it will be more short term but still see no reason to joke around about it at this point in time. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I can sense the key already in the lock...ready to turn...

IB4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fair point.  Still, if I'm a Steeler fan lurking on this board I'd wager Bengals fans might be throwing humor at a situation where they're probably a bit scurred. Now since I'm role playing as a Steeler fan, I'm off to drink enough Iron City to hit on my cousin.

Going to need a lot if this is her?

[Image: wtf-people-of-walmart.jpg]
Reply/Quote