Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This team is unreal
(10-25-2021, 12:57 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yeah, he locks in on an opinion and sticks with. He'll always doubt the Bengals. Max is all in on Burrow. 

Meh.  Some people just can't admit to the landscape changing at all.  Like on SNF last night, Al made a comment to Collinsworth about the Bengals and Chris just completely changed the subject to talk about someone else.  He can't bring himself to do it.  Some guys love football and don't mind admitting they were wrong or something they didn't see coming worked.  And some guys just love their own voice and opinion and refuse to budge at all on any opinion they've ever held. 

I've got a big crow in the freezer I'm ready to thaw if ZT keeps the magic alive.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:52 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Then Keyshawn was showing his ignorance again
And saying the Bengals should have still drafted Sewell. 

Keyshawn is an idiot.  He's a disgrace to sports talk.  Calling him a journalist is an insult to the profession.
Reply/Quote
I noticed 1 thing this morning watching the replay on GMFB. 2 of our sacks came courtesy of Wilson. You could see Lamar trying to breakout of the pocket for one of his usual long game breaking runs, but Wilson was there and caused him to move backwards or hesitate, only to get creamed by Hubbard or someone else. This D is playing!!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Like we have said about the defense being built to win in this division, the offensive line has to be built to handle the AFC North, where there are really strong ends and tackles.  Thus far, they have done very well.  2-0.  

Yes sir, hope we are 3-0 going into the bye.

(10-25-2021, 07:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good stuff, Nicomo.  

I am fairly new to twitter, but it blew up last night after the win.  There was some hilarious things. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1452361849027039235

[Image: FCgDIAgXoAIyj1d?format=png&name=900x900]

[Image: FCgNB6sWEAQ-kMw?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Hilarious Love these especially the one with Trey pointing to our record lol

(10-25-2021, 10:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So was Burrow when Baltimore did. He was moving around and avoiding rushers like his old self.

So great to see.

(10-25-2021, 10:10 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I don't know if it was mentioned previously, but each of the two losses we have were by only a field goal.

And they were to NFC teams, we are undefeated against the AFC right now.
Reply/Quote
Just heard Didi say on NFL Now, that Ja'Marr sat by his locker quietly and let the Vets celebrate beating the Ravens. That was a class act! This team is full of selfless individuals and that is what winners do!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:10 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I don't know if it was mentioned previously, but each of the two losses we have were by only a field goal.

Tbh I'm glad we lost those 2 games. We don't have to deal with "undefeated" talk and the inevitable fall as pressure mounts. Also, this team knows what it feels like to lose, but we're still at the top of the conference.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 01:18 PM)Stewy Wrote: Keyshawn is an idiot.  He's a disgrace to sports talk.  Calling him a journalist is an insult to the profession.

He's on every Thursday (I think) with Mo Egger on the radio and I just can't stand Keyshawn. He comes off as such an arrogant, opinionated prick. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 02:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh I'm glad we lost those 2 games. We don't have to deal with "undefeated" talk and the inevitable fall as pressure mounts. Also, this team knows what it feels like to lose, but we're still at the top of the conference.

Reporter: "Hey, (the next) Joe Montana!"
JB: "Hey, let's relax!"

No dances. No taunting. Cracking smiles at best. This team means business and it looks like there is no celebration until they own a Lombardi. These guys are focused.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:52 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Then Keyshawn was showing his ignorance again
And saying the Bengals should have still drafted Sewell. 

Keyshawn is an idiot and never has anything nice to say about the Bengals.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 02:40 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's on every Thursday (I think) with Mo Egger on the radio and I just can't stand Keyshawn. He comes off as such an arrogant, opinionated prick. 

Don't forget ignorant
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 03:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Keyshawn is an idiot and never has anything nice to say about the Bengals.

Not even being salty, but Keyshawn is legit terrible.

He's ignorant.
He's arrogant.
He doesn't have interesting or logical takes.
He's not funny. Usually guys who bring nothing else are funny.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It's a great feeling knowing even if we have to punt... the Defense will get us the ball back.

WHO DEYY!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 03:40 PM)QueenCity Wrote: It's a great feeling knowing even if we have to punt... the Defense will get us the ball back.

WHO DEYY!

What I really enjoyed was....

I had ZERO "feeling of dread" during the game!
Even when Burrow threw the INT instead of a TD that could have been the dagger,
I only felt a TINY bit of doubt like "uh-oh," but that was quickly diminished by the Defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 03:40 PM)QueenCity Wrote: It's a great feeling knowing even if we have to punt... the Defense will get us the ball back.

WHO DEYY!

(10-25-2021, 03:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: What I really enjoyed was....

I had ZERO "feeling of dread" during the game!
Even when Burrow threw the INT instead of a TD that could have been the dagger,
I only felt a TINY bit of doubt like "uh-oh," but that was quickly diminished by the Defense.

Biggest reason I believe in this team is the Defense no question.

Nice seeing the Offense come alive the last couple weeks though.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Biggest reason I believe in this team is the Defense no question.

Nice seeing the Offense come alive the last couple weeks though.

They're movin' on up. 

13th overall, 12th in passing and most important, 7th in scoring. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They're movin' on up. 

13th overall, 12th in passing and most important, 7th in scoring. 

Pretty awesome and I think the Offense can keep moving up in all the categories. Just hope the INTS go down from Joe.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty awesome and I think the Offense can keep moving up in all the categories. Just hope the INTS go down from Joe.

Big time chance to pad those stats this week. Just need to prep the same as they did against Baltimore.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The defense deserves a TON of credit as well.  Holding them to 17 points at home was downright amazing.  No big runs.  One big pass play.  That's it.  

When Burrow threw the INT in the end zone up 10 points, how did the defense respond?  They got the ball back for the offense on downs.  Fricking amazing.

But yes, Burrow and Chase are incredible.  

I'm surprised with what the D is doing right now over what  chase is doing... That's saying something.. I hoped they could be good, but being the only team to hold everyone they played under 25 at this point??. That's insane.. I never woulda thought..
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:04 PM)Trademark Wrote: I've never seen a Bengals team dominate an elite team like they did to the Ravens. Burrow and Chase are on another level.

Yeah that was a big win, they're ahead of schedule and I'm happy.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 11:38 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm surprised with what the D is doing right now over what  chase is doing... That's saying something.. I hoped they could be good, but being the only team to hold everyone they played under 25 at this point??. That's insane.. I never woulda thought..

Think about this:  As we hear about the Ravens having a lot of injuries (and we had none last year, right?), the Bengals are missing their potentially best outside speed rusher for the season (Ossai), and one of their highest paid FA has played a grand total of 1.9 games in two seasons.  

The ownership brought in a ton of FA corners to compete for the job and gave it to Apple.  He struggled early, but has found his stride and is playing very solid ball.  

Perhaps the most exciting thing about this defense is how it has stuffed the run of pitt and Baltimore.  Sure, Lamar got his yards, but no one else got anything and the steelers would rather throw 15 times to their RB than try to run against this defense.  

They build this defense to compete in the AFC North, and we have seen it two out of two times.  It is GLORIOUS!

To your original point, I was trying to picture them as a middle-of-the-road, bend-but-don't-break defense before the season.  Instead, they are a top 5 unit and kept the Bengals in games until the offense fully hit its stride.  Well, I think that moment is here and they now have a top 10 scoring defense AND offense.  

I thought the offense would be fun to watch, but I never imagined being the first team to sack Lamar five times.  
Reply/Quote