Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome TE Hayden Hurst
I like it. He can be a good receiving option with Sample blocking more. Hopefully he can be even better with us but we do not really put a lot into TE scheme wise.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont disagree. I followed Hurst at SC and he seems like a guy that would stay with a good relationship with Joe and winning.... of course dollars matter., but he is the type of guy that it may not be the #1 factor.  He also has a foundation that is very special to him that could take roots here.

I could be pathetically wrong, just my thoughts.

I’m down with whatever makes sense. Signing CJ didn’t… tagging bates did. Getting collins is the biggest no brainer since Joe burrow and Palmer at 1 overall. It won’t have the same impact as a franchise QB from an overall wins perspective, but you know what I’m saying. Especially if you watched the titans game… or Super Bowl Sad this year. (I know you did)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: CJ was not known as anything more than an average blocker.

Here you go:

Hurst has more yards and receptions this season as CJ had this past season.

Hurst has more yards and receptions this season as CJ will have this season.

Hurst will be extended after this season.

Let me know the wager. 

(We will have an injury qualifier)
Im shocked we just picked up a All Pro from your posts... as i stated correctly CJ has played better of late.. and still is a better overall player but im glad we got a veteran to fill the gap as i expect a 3-4 round pick for a TE
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:20 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I like it. He can be a good receiving option with Sample blocking more. Hopefully he can be even better with us but we do not really put a lot into TE scheme wise.

Yep. Well said.

You ready for 4:30 tomorrow? I’ll be pulling for the Hokies. Dad and grandfather are tech alums.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im shocked we just picked up a All Pro from your posts... as i stated correctly CJ has played better of late.. and still is a better overall player but im glad we got a veteran to fill the gap as i expect a 3-4 round pick for a TE

What makes him a better overall player? Scheme and team mean everything from a stats standpoint. Do you think davante Adams has any chance or replicating his stats from the last three (3) years next year?

On the flip side, don’t you think Allen Robinson will have a better year with the rams than he did with the bears.

My hot take of the year is, courtland Sutton is a better WR than metcalf and you will see this year how important it is to be in a good situation.
Reply/Quote
this just drives home the fact that Drew Sample should’ve never been drafted in the 2nd round
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: this just drives home the fact that Drew Sample should’ve never been drafted in the 2nd round

Lol shhhhh, let’s not talk about that. All teams whiff, and the sample pick isn’t as bad or crippling as some of other recent ones (Cedric, Ross, etc)
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It'll depend on the number, but I like the idea of adding a former first round pick on a prove it deal.

As long as we don't trade for Baker Mayfield. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As long as we don't trade for Baker Mayfield. 

Isn’t he better than Brandon Allen? :)

Boy, I’m glad I’m not a browns fan. The second you have a glimmer of hope, it’s just snatched. As old fashioned as the bengals are, they are still capable of making good decisions to field a good team, over the last 20 years. The bengals have had the fortune of being miserable at the right times, but the browns are a joke.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:32 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Isn’t he better than Brandon Allen? :)

Boy, I’m glad I’m not a browns fan.  The second you have a glimmer of hope, it’s just snatched.  As old fashioned as the bengals are, they are still capable of making good decisions to field a good team, over the last 20 years.  The bengals have had the fortune of being miserable at the right times, but the browns are a joke.

I know Browns fans, and I can tell you that the 2021 season really cooled the Baker Mayfield hype.  From our perspective, the Browns and Mayfield just had an epic meltdown over the past 48 hours, but really this divorce has been brewing since the midpoint of the 2021 season.  As I've said in the Baker Mayfield thread, I think they'd really be up a creek if they locked Baker up long-term, because locking up a ho-hum QB is the best way to kill a team these days.

But yea....we got a TE.  Neat.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Using resources (draft/free agent$$$) on an elite pass catching TE is not a good value with the trio of WRs we have.

It is like buying premium high-octane gas for your Sentra.
And what happens if one of them goes down and you have no DEPTH behind them? You know in a couple of years we wont be able to keep all 3 right? You have to draft ahead of the curve when you can.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know Browns fans, and I can tell you that the 2021 season really cooled the Baker Mayfield hype.  From our perspective, the Browns and Mayfield just had an epic meltdown over the past 48 hours, but really this divorce has been brewing since the midpoint of the 2021 season.  As I've said in the Baker Mayfield thread, I think they'd really be up a creek if they locked Baker up long-term, because locking up a ho-hum QB is the best way to kill a team these days.

But yea....we got a TE.  Neat.

*cough* Andy Dalton *Cough*
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:42 PM)pulses Wrote: And what happens if one of them goes down and you have no DEPTH behind them? You know in a couple of years we wont be able to keep all 3 right? You have to draft ahead of the curve when you can.

Relax, buddy. Bengals have 3 good receivers and Joe Mixon. Everything else is a bonus
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Relax, buddy. Bengals have 3 good receivers and Joe Mixon. Everything else is a bonus

Need all the bonuses we can get.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:48 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: *cough* Andy Dalton *Cough*

Dalton took a team friendly deal years ago.  I'm tellin' ya, it's a new era.  You've got to give any QB who can find his ass with both hands damn near $40 million bucks now.  The times have changed.  I'd rather have three backup QBs on my squad than one middling starter that I had to lock down for 4 years for $160 million bucks.

I have a good feeling Burrow is going to be worth the $750 million dollar contract we have to give him soon, though.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton took a team friendly deal years ago.  I'm tellin' ya, it's a new era.  You've got to give any QB who can find his ass with both hands damn near $40 million bucks now.  The times have changed.  I'd rather have three backup QBs on my squad than one middling starter that I had to lock down for 4 years for $160 million bucks.

I have a good feeling Burrow is going to be worth the $750 million dollar contract we have to give him soon, though.

Regardless of the deal size your point stands. A good, and not great, QB will keep you just good enough to make the playoffs with no real hope of doing anything else. Drafting 20-28 every year.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:55 PM)pulses Wrote: Need all the bonuses we can get.

All the bengals need is a better offensive line
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I'm just happy that we're not rolling with Sample as TE1. Hurst will be a nice bridge for whatever TE we draft.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:22 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Yep. Well said.

You ready for 4:30 tomorrow? I’ll be pulling for the Hokies.  Dad and grandfather are tech alums.

Heck yeah! Should be fun
Reply/Quote