Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(08-13-2022, 12:47 AM)jason Wrote: Didn't look like he knew how to play for most of last year... $13 million wasted on a one year rental that isn't gonna put us over the top. I can only speak for myself, but I'm over the Jesse Bates thing.

??? Jessie was nowhere near a reason why we didn't win the Superbowl last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 05:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Social media deciphering time…

He’s 99% coming back soon. You don’t go see your team play, and then practice in their helmet and not come back. It’s almost like he’s putting it out there “I want to play, but my agent is keeping me out right now.”
Reply/Quote
After watching Dax play last night, I suspect he will be at camp post haste....
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 06:55 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: ??? Jessie was nowhere near a reason why we didn't win the Superbowl last year.

He was also nowhere near the reason why we won the AFC North. 

Granted he did have a Joe Flacco-like postseason, but he did nothing to get us there.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He watched the Cards game from a private suite in street clothes I believe.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 03:31 PM)BengalsFanInNOKY Wrote: He watched the Cards game from a private suite in street clothes I believe.

Yes, but he had a Reds hat on. He was at least subtly supporting us.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 03:31 PM)BengalsFanInNOKY Wrote: He watched the Cards game from a private suite in street clothes I believe.

You expected him to be in a football uniform?

WTF
Reply/Quote
Gotta wonder if the players will rank Bates based on postseason or regular season play or a combination of both.
Reply/Quote
Derwin James just signed a new deal with the Chargers - 4 years, $76 mill. $42 mill signing bonus.
James will average $19 mill in his new deal, just surpassing Minkah Fitzpatrick.

One can argue Bates has been better than both James and Fitzpatrick over these past 4 years, and could (should?) argue he deserves to be paid very close to what they got.

With yet another safety getting $18+ mill, do you see this as a sign that Bates will not get a new deal signed with the Bengals?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It's not going to happen... we have to many young guys to pay in the next couple years. Bengals drafted heavy on secondary pieces and may do so again in the 23 draft.

It's over lets just hope he plays this season.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 11:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Derwin James just signed a new deal with the Chargers - 4 years, $76 mill. $42 mill signing bonus.
James will average $19 mill in his new deal, just surpassing Minkah Fitzpatrick.

One can argue Bates has been better than both James and Fitzpatrick over these past 4 years, and could (should?) argue he deserves to be paid very close to what they got.

With yet another safety getting $18+ mill, do you see this as a sign that Bates will not get a new deal signed with the Bengals?

I guess one could argue it, but I wouldn't agree with that argument. Maybe Minkah, but not James. Regardless, Bates is probably eyeing something like this, yes. I haven't expected Bates to remain with Cincinnati for a while now and this strengthens that position for me. 
Reply/Quote
No way I’m paying Bates that kind of money with Dax waiting in the wings.

Reply/Quote
We already weren't going to retain Bates, so this is just another nail in the coffin that had been fully sealed 3 to 4 nails ago. It is now water tight.

I wish Jessie luck in getting a similar deal from another team in 2023, but it won't be the Bengals. Maybe we can tag and trade him like the Packers did with Devante Adams.
Reply/Quote
Franchise him again next year then let him ride off into the sunset.

I'm sure he won't like that, though.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 11:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Derwin James just signed a new deal with the Chargers - 4 years, $76 mill. $42 mill signing bonus.

At this rate bates is playing here for 13 mil this year i believe the extension deadline has passed.
Reply/Quote
Bates has been good for us. But let’s face it. That position is not worth that money. Let the other teams pay these guys and sacrifice it at other positions. Let someone else pay bates and he can pull a trae Wayne’s on them. It’s to risky! Let’s keep our offensive fire power together
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 12:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: At this rate bates is playing here for 13 mil this year i believe the extension deadline has passed.

I'm referring to after this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
They share the same agent....

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Not worried about retaining Bates over his performance during the regular season last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 12:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Franchise him again next year then let him ride off into the sunset.

I'm sure he won't like that, though.

I am sure he will sit out then.  Since he will have gotten some $$$, then it's the perfect time.  Depending on how things go during the season, we may franchise him and immediately try and trade him.  Or put the transitional tag on him and let him rot.
Reply/Quote