Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Name the fumble TD play by Hubbard
In Jenny's voice

Run Sam Run !!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Keep in mind that if this name doesn't specifically reference THIS miraculous fumble a certain Pennsylvania team may steal the name for a playoff fumble that changed the course of a playoff game that they ended up winning

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
What no one like the Hubbard Heist?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Cincy Strip & Streak

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:18 PM)EatonFan Wrote: What no one like the Hubbard Heist?

Feels a little too small in scale to me. I like the gravity of the Rumble/Fumble in/on the Jungle/River options. Those sound *big*.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: In Jenny's voice

Run Sam Run !!!

Cindy Shirts has a Forrest Gump themed shirt out featuring Sam and the phrase “run Hubbard run”

https://cincyshirts.com/collections/cincinnati_football_apparel/products/run-hubbard-run?variant=43129395642522

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hubbard's Hometown Hero Hustle
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:49 AM)pally Wrote: Cindy Shirts has a Forrest Gump themed shirt out featuring Sam and the phrase “run Hubbard run”

https://cincyshirts.com/collections/cincinnati_football_apparel/products/run-hubbard-run?variant=43129395642522

Love it !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Hubbard Yard Dash for the win.

I could see a children's book in the future . . .

Celebrating Cincinnati Sam's Spectacular Sprint
See Sam.
See Snoop.
See Logan.
See Logan go all Gandalf and say "You Shall Not Sneak!"
See Sam scoop Snoop's oops.
See Sam run.
See Sam get confused as to which direction is considered away from the nearest opponent.
See Sam score anyway.
See Sam celebrate with his teammates.
See Sam behind the oxygen mask.
See Joseph and Cam get a few extra snaps on the next drive.
See Germaine's agent tell him to say "Logan? I'm the one that stopped his xxx. Logan came in after I held him up."
See Mike and Katie extend Logan.
See Germaine explode.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
These type of plays usually have reference to the location rather than the person, so in that vein:

The Queen City Royal Rumble

or maybe just:

The Royal Rumble, for short

Will sound especially relevant leading to a SB win...a coronation.
Reply/Quote
The Jungle Rejection Rumble
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:12 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Feels a little too small in scale to me. I like the gravity of the Rumble/Fumble in/on the Jungle/River options. Those sound *big*.

Rumble in the Jungle is big. The problem is that it is already taken for a major event (the Ali/Foreman fight) and already has its own entry in Wikipedia for that event. It was billed as the Rumble in the Jungle and was so big it may have been the most watched TV event of all time. Us old timers remember the event well and as The Rumble in the Jungle.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:49 AM)pally Wrote: Cindy Shirts has a Forrest Gump themed shirt out featuring Sam and the phrase “run Hubbard run”

Run Hubbard Run does sound good. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 03:52 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Hubbard Yard Dash for the win.

I could see a children's book in the future . . .

Celebrating Cincinnati Sam's Spectacular Sprint
See Sam.
See Snoop.
See Logan.
See Logan go all Gandalf and say "You Shall Not Sneak!"
See Sam scoop Snoop's oops.
See Sam run.
See Sam get confused as to which direction is considered away from the nearest opponent.
See Sam score anyway.
See Sam celebrate with his teammates.
See Sam behind the oxygen mask.
See Joseph and Cam get a few extra snaps on the next drive.
See Germaine's agent tell him to say "Logan? I'm the one that stopped his xxx. Logan came in after I held him up."
See Mike and Katie extend Logan.
See Germaine explode.

And a special book for the Ravens kids: Everybody poops.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:59 PM)pally Wrote: Keep in mind that if this name doesn't specifically reference THIS miraculous fumble a certain Pennsylvania team may steal the name for a playoff fumble that changed the course of a playoff game that they ended up winning

It's funny that certain Pennsylvania team didn't already give the moniker "Fumble in the Jungle" to the Jeremy Hill fumble in 2015. The 12-4 Bengals had that playoff game won against the Steelers until that fumble. And right after the Burfict interception and all the excitement that came from that.

I am leaning towards another name you and others mentioned earlier, Pally:  The Hubbard Yard Dash. That was the exciting part, given that the fumble happened so quickly and in a crowded area it was hard to see what happened. (I saw on a small TV the immaculate reception with my Dad and we only became aware of what was going on when we saw Franco Harris at the bottom of the screen running the ball. We were rooting for the Steelers in that particular game, so it was very exciting.)  

Like the Immaculate reception and the Music City Miracle, the Hubbard Yard Dash is not without its controversy (was that a push in the back?).  But that is a unique name that, since he is a defensive player, really captures the essence of the play from one end zone to the next. Hubbard running out of steam, and needing oxygen afterward, only adds to the mystique. And the broadcasters call of the play, including calling him the kid from Cincinnati as he ran, was terrific.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 08:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: And a special book for the Ravens kids: Everybody poops.

Silly dog, Raven's kids can't read....
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 05:49 PM)Nepa Wrote: Fumble in the jungle, for all its poetry, would be how the Ravens describe it, as something negative. Bengals need to come up with something positive. Rumble in the jungle has the same poetry, but sounds like an event, like a boxing match, more than a specific play. What about The Stop and Go?

This is probably the winner in the club house, but I heard this one on twitter and I LOVE IT because it kind of gives recognition to all those involved (although it doesn't reflect Jessie Bates' incredible effort to keep Huntley out of the end zone in the first place:

Wham! (Pratt hit)  Bam (Wilson Hit), Thank You, SAM! (obvious)

Wham, Bam, thank you, Sam....

I love it.  It would probably be rejected by the snowflake community because of some bogus implication of sexual assault, but still....I love it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 09:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Silly dog, Raven's kids can't read....

True. But they are great at meth. #1 producer of methematicians.  
Reply/Quote
The Fumble in the Jungle
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 10:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is probably the winner in the club house, but I heard this one on twitter and I LOVE IT because it kind of gives recognition to all those involved (although it doesn't reflect Jessie Bates' incredible effort to keep Huntley out of the end zone in the first place:

Wham! (Pratt hit)  Bam (Wilson Hit), Thank You, SAM! (obvious)

Wham, Bam, thank you, Sam....

I love it.  It would probably be rejected by the snowflake community because of some bogus implication of sexual assault, but still....I love it. 

Wham! Bam! Thank you, Sam!  is quite creative. 

And it does show up in some mainstream songs (Dean Martin, Slade, Suffragette City). And kind of puts it to the Ravens as well! Don't think it is sexual assault, just quick and without tenderness. With the Ravens as the recipient in this case.
Reply/Quote