Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jonah Williams Requests Trade
(03-21-2023, 11:09 PM)jason Wrote: I'm more amused by the idea that people think they're gonna oblige Jonah Williams' trade request.

Well, you don’t pay $12 mil for a backup. It’s also a ton of money to pay a player to switch positions for a single season not knowing how he will perform.

If they can get a decent pick out of him and offload the $12 mil in salary then it makes plenty of sense. Trade had to cross their mind even before he requested it. I don’t think they’d trade him solely because he requested it, but it was probably a plan from the start.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I amy be wrong, I've never really watched the guy, but something tells me Cody Ford is going to embrace the RT role and take the spot. 

(03-21-2023, 09:53 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I have that same feeling, for some reason.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

The only logical conclusion that can be drawn from this is, you've both been licking the same frog.   Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:09 PM)jason Wrote: I'm more amused by the idea that people think they're gonna oblige Jonah Williams' trade request.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I’d be willing to bet a large amount we end up getting a second for him.

Take a RT with 28 then a pass rusher and a RB in the second.

Sometimes it’s good that the office is stuck in the dark ages because they will only do business if it really benefits us.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 11:16 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: I’d be willing to bet a large amount we end up getting a second for him.

Take a RT with 28 then a pass rusher and a RB in the second.

Sometimes it’s good that the office is stuck in the dark ages because they will only do business if it really benefits us.

If the Bengals get a second for Jonah it will likely be closer to training camp when a team is desperate after and injury. If they want to move him before the draft a low 3 is probably his ceiling but itll most likely be a 4th or 5th.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The Bears have a 2nd right behind our 2nd and the first pick in the 3rd, i would be ecstatic with either!
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 11:20 AM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals get a second for Jonah it will likely be closer to training camp when a team is desperate after and injury. If they want to move him before the draft a low 3 is probably his ceiling but itll most likely be a 4th or 5th.

Not a chance do we let him go for a 4th or 5th more beneficial to us to make him play out the year then let him walk.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 11:20 AM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals get a second for Jonah it will likely be closer to training camp when a team is desperate after and injury. If they want to move him before the draft a low 3 is probably his ceiling but itll most likely be a 4th or 5th.

If I am attempting a trade for Jonah, I would ask my agent be able to discuss a longer term contract. The 1 year @12.6 million will be a turn off for a lot of teams. But, If they could work a deal to get a 4 year contract for 40 million with 24 million guaranteed, I would think both sides would be happy. Then, it becomes Bengals working with the team to get a fair value in the trade.

I could be wrong, but I do not see Bengals letting him walk for anything less than a 4th that turns into a 3rd round pick is Jonah plays so many snaps as determined ahead of time.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Sounds like they are getting Inquiries. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 10:15 PM)SladeX Wrote: I’d say he’s more physical. Might be a better RT.

Bingo. 

Higher ceiling for sure. Albeit not as good a technician (or player) at the moment. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 11:11 AM)Synric Wrote:  

I hope Rapoport is on to something with his reporting and a deal happens. I'm not anti-Jonah and would have liked to see him compete at RT but if he'd rather play elsewhere then I think it's best the team moves on from him. The business side of football is ever present but if the goal for this team is to win the Super Bowl then I'm wanting to minimize distractions if I am Zac. I have no way of knowing if Jonah would be an distraction but his trade request gives me enough indication it could happen. It's best to deal him.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 11:31 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Not a chance do we let him go for a 4th or 5th more beneficial to us to make him play out the year then let him walk.

While this would probably end up true, there would still be some benefit to trading him for a 2023 4th/5th rounder.

1) If he walks, the best case is he'd return a 3rd round comp pick, which is essentially a 4th rounder anyway.
2) That pick wouldn't come until 2025
3) (Arguably the biggest value) it would free up $12.6 mill off the books, which can help with extensions or signing another player this year or next year.

As others have said, the Bengals (FO) likely wouldn't have Jonah ride the bench if he's making $12.6 mill.

Jonah might be able to boost his value during the first half of the season if he plays decently at RT and a team loses a starting OT to injury and is willing to make a trade midseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 11:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If I am attempting a trade for Jonah, I would ask my agent be able to discuss a longer term contract. The 1 year @12.6 million will be a turn off for a lot of teams. But, If they could work a deal to get a 4 year contract for 40 million with 24 million guaranteed, I would think both sides would be happy. Then, it becomes Bengals working with the team to get a fair value in the trade.

I could be wrong, but I do not see Bengals letting him walk for anything less than a 4th that turns into a 3rd round pick is Jonah plays so many snaps as determined ahead of time.

The Raiders traded Trent Brown back to the Patriots last year. The deal was Trent Brown and a 7th round pick for the Patriots 5th round pick.

That's a good base line for the Jonah trade. Good tackle but alot of injuries.

Edit: Oops it was 2021 not 2022. The draft picks were for 2022 lol.

Reply/Quote
Ship him to Atlanta for Kyle Pitts.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 11:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If I am attempting a trade for Jonah, I would ask my agent be able to discuss a longer term contract. The 1 year @12.6 million will be a turn off for a lot of teams. But, If they could work a deal to get a 4 year contract for 40 million with 24 million guaranteed, I would think both sides would be happy. Then, it becomes Bengals working with the team to get a fair value in the trade.

I think it's a given that any trade would include a new contract. No team is going to give up something of value for a one year rental
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

If they think they can improve the team by making the trade, they will honor the request in a New York minute

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I amy be wrong, I've never really watched the guy, but something tells me Cody Ford is going to embrace the RT role and take the spot. 

That would be incredible.  I know he was teammates with Brown and good buddies.  Maybe the chemistry rubs off and he takes his game to the next level?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 10:58 AM)CincyWestside Wrote: Carman was drafted in the 2021 draft. His contract year will be next year.

I think he is our best option for RT even if Williams was still here. We have to play the Steelers twice a year and I trust Carman to handle TJ Watt over Williams. Jonah has gotten schooled by Myles Garrett every time we play the Browns, I'd hate to see what Watt would do to him. 

I think the Bengals let Jonah's agent find a short to mid term contract with another team and trade for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Let Carman, Ford, and a possible early pick compete for the starting RT spot. Freeing up the Jonah money I think will allow the Bengals to fill other holes and depth pieces for this season.

You are correct, but it is probably his last chance...at least here in Cincy.  He isn't going to overtake Brown for LT.  If he goes out and plays solid RT, his next contract will be starting around $10 million annually.  If he busts like he did at guard, he will likely get a minimum deal.  That is a load of incentive.  

I agree about Williams.  He is much further from a RT than a left.  Not a mauler at all.  

I would do cartwheels if they got a 3rd round pick or higher for Jonah.  I am guessing it will be a 4th or 5th rounder, based on his limited contract moving forward.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 12:39 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: That would be incredible.  I know he was teammates with Brown and good buddies.  Maybe the chemistry rubs off and he takes his game to the next level?

Obviously talent is needed to succeed in the NFL but I agree with your sentiment. There is value in accounting for players' general happiness and it could motivate the guy to improve or go "next level" as you suggested. I hope Ford likes his situation and does better than anticipated.
Reply/Quote