Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callahan to Titans
(01-23-2024, 02:33 PM)J24 Wrote: Cowboys might go all in this season, Pittman is in a similar situation as Higgins + QB on a rookie deal, and the Texans have a QB on a Rookie deal for the next four seasons so they can afford two big deals at WR. 

Texans have Nico, Metchie and Tank Dell.  Xavier Hutchinson has potential.  Noah Brown had almost 600 yards.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: No way anyone is giving up a 1st for Tee.  The Panthers with the 33rd pick might be the closest.  Trading a guy on a one year deal for over $20M is not worth that much unless they have an extension in place.  This is a banner crop of WRs in this draft.  I think fans seriously overvalue Tee.   

Jags already have Ridley, Kirk and Zay Jones.  No way in hell they give up the the #17 pick for Tee.  And we will not trade with KC.

I would take projected late round Brian Thomas Jr and his 5 year rookie deal over Tee and his 20M+ right now, today.

Agree with everything you say here Casear. Brian Thomas Jr looks like a faster Tee Higgins. If we got a 2nd round pick for Tee we would be lucky.

Nothing against Tee, but he didn't have a good season and he is banged up a lot.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 02:33 PM)J24 Wrote: Cowboys might go all in this season, Pittman is in a similar situation as Higgins + QB on a rookie deal, and the Texans have a QB on a Rookie deal for the next four seasons so they can afford two big deals at WR. 

Man, Higgins with CJ Stroud, Tank Dell, and Nico Collins is a scary proposition. Let's hope THAT doesn't come to fruition!
Reply/Quote
Elevating an unproven QB coach who has a good relationship with your QB isn't always the right move.

The Eagles just fired OC Brian Johnson.

Johnson was elevated to offensive coordinator after last season's Super Bowl run to replace Shane Steichen, who was hired as the Colts' head coach. Prior to that, Johnson was the Eagles' quarterbacks coach and helped Jalen Hurts develop into an MVP candidate in 2022.

But the offense took a step back in 2023, as Hurts threw a career-high 15 interceptions and the Eagles slipped from third in points per game (28.1) to seventh (25.5), went from ninth in passing (241.5 yards per game) to 16th (225.5), and fell from fifth in rushing (147.6) to eighth (128.8).
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: No way anyone is giving up a 1st for Tee.  The Panthers with the 33rd pick might be the closest.  Trading a guy on a one year deal for over $20M is not worth that much unless they have an extension in place.  This is a banner crop of WRs in this draft.  I think fans seriously overvalue Tee.   

Jags already have Ridley, Kirk and Zay Jones.  No way in hell they give up the the #17 pick for Tee.  And we will not trade with KC.

I would take projected late round Brian Thomas Jr and his 5 year rookie deal over Tee and his 20M+ right now, today.

Most teams I completely agree if they need a wide receiver will just draft one versus Tee especially for a year.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 02:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with everything you say here Casear. Brian Thomas Jr looks like a faster Tee Higgins. If we got a 2nd round pick for Tee we would be lucky.

Nothing against Tee, but he didn't have a good season and he is banged up a lot.

You're better than this Nate. Tee had a bad season because Burrow was playing on a bad calf and Tee had a hamstring injury(nothing considered career threatening). You can't possibly think any Rookie WR can come in and easily replace what Tee has done here. If money wasn't a factor here know one would-be for trading Tee!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 02:40 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Texans have Nico, Metchie and Tank Dell.  Xavier Hutchinson has potential.  Noah Brown had almost 600 yards.

Tank Dell had a serious injury, Metchie hasn't shown much,  Xaiver Hutchinson is a 6th Rd pick, and Noah Brown is a free agent.  Also Schultz is a free agent at TE as well. So they could be very thin at skill positions come fall.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

In a vacuum, yes. But not with RT a hole. 

It is also a banner OT class, with 3-4 guys who are prinarily RTs projected to go in the first. If you take Thomas at #18 (if he is still there), who is your RT? 

So many on this board are acting like we don't have any cap space. Draft OT in Rd1 (instead of paying Jonah $15 mil). Tag Tee (or sign to reasonable extension). 

We are trying to win a SB. Don't get worse if you don't have to. Tee is our 3rd best offensive player. Keep him. Draft OT (Jonah upgrade). Keep Reader. 

Use the remaining FA $$ and day 2 picks to upgrade DT & TE, and address WR3 & CB4. If we go big with a 3rd FA, we may need some restructures to free up a bit more space.

Our DT play behind Reader & Hill is awful. Upgrafe that. A pass rusher next to Trey could change the whole defensive dynamic. 

Boyd was mediocre last year. If you think Yoshi/Jones are ready, gamble at WR3, not WR2. And if you upgrade TE (anything is a Smith upgrade) with say, Sanders or Stover in the draft, WR3 might not be as big a deal.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 03:38 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: In a vacuum, yes. But not with RT a hole. 

It is also a banner OT class, with 3-4 guys who are prinarily RTs projected to go in the first. If you take Thomas at #18 (if he is still there), who is your RT? 

So many on this board are acting like we don't have any cap space. Draft OT in Rd1 (instead of paying Jonah $15 mil). Tag Tee (or sign to reasonable extension). 

We are trying to win a SB. Don't get worse if you don't have to. Tee is our 3rd best offensive player. Keep him. Draft OT (Jonah upgrade). Keep Reader. 

Use the remaining FA $$ and day 2 picks to upgrade DT & TE, and address WR3 & CB4. If we go big with a 3rd FA, we may need some restructures to free up a bit more space.

Our DT play behind Reader & Hill is awful. Upgrafe that. A pass rusher next to Trey could change the whole defensive dynamic. 

Boyd was mediocre last year. If you think Yoshi/Jones are ready, gamble at WR3, not WR2. And if you upgrade TE (anything is a Smith upgrade) with say, Sanders or Stover in the draft, WR3 might not be as big a deal.

I think we would be total idiots if we do not sign a starting RT  in free agency.  Regardless of which round we draft any OT.

Im not sure about the rest of you comment?

DT, TE are needs.  No way I trust Yoshi or Jones.  We have no idea how healthy Reader will be.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 03:17 PM)J24 Wrote: Tank Dell had a serious injury, Metchie hasn't shown much,  Xaiver Hutchinson is a 6th Rd pick, and Noah Brown is a free agent.  Also Schultz is a free agent at TE as well. So they could be very thin at skill positions come fall.

Jake you make a good argument as usual.  I dont see Tee as being worth the #23 draft pick, but if the Texans want to pull that off I'd be happy to oblige them.

There is a reason Tee went in the 2nd round.  He is not very athletic and on the slower side when it comes to WR1s.  Add in the drops and the hammy....?

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 03:38 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: In a vacuum, yes. But not with RT a hole. 

I’m pretty much on board with exactly this. Tag Tee, Draft a RT round 1. DT in FA ( Wilkins ) & TE (Fant). I let Boyd go and just go with Jones & Iosivas, and Irwin. I’d draft a RB or TE in the 2nd. From there it’s BPA.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 02:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with everything you say here Casear. Brian Thomas Jr looks like a faster Tee Higgins. If we got a 2nd round pick for Tee we would be lucky.

(01-23-2024, 03:13 PM)J24 Wrote: You're better than this Nate. Tee had a bad season because Burrow was playing on a bad calf and Tee had a hamstring injury(nothing considered career threatening). You can't possibly think any Rookie WR can come in and easily replace what Tee has done here. If money wasn't a factor here know one would-be for trading Tee!

Really man?  Nate acknowledged that Higgins had injury issues, as you even went on to parrot him on the topic, while blaming our QB for Higgins early season drops.  Truth is, Tee Higgins was having a subpar season, the hamstring injury notwithstanding.  I, for one, absolutely feel like the team could replace his production in the form of a 1st round draft choice.  Sure, we all like Tee Higgins, but I love the entity of the team and want the team to flourish with success over that of individual players' bank accounts.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 02:58 PM)Cat-Man Wrote: Elevating an unproven QB coach who has a good relationship with your QB isn't always the right move.

What constitutes a proven QB coach compared to an unproven QB coach? Pitcher has over a decade of NFL coaching experience.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 04:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really man?  Nate acknowledged that Higgins had injury issues, as you even went on to parrot him on the topic, while blaming our QB for Higgins early season drops.  Truth is, Tee Higgins was having a subpar season, the hamstring injury notwithstanding.  I, for one, absolutely feel like the team could replace his production in the form of a 1st round draft choice.  Sure, we all like Tee Higgins, but I love the entity of the team and want the team to flourish with success over that of individual players' bank accounts.  

For you, and all the others who want to trade/let Tee walk, what do you do with RT? That is the operative question. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 05:00 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: For you, and all the others who want to trade/let Tee walk, what do you do with RT? That is the operative question. 

You sign a veteran in free agency to bridge the gap, and draft the long term solution in the first or second round of the draft.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 05:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You sign a veteran in free agency to bridge the gap, and draft the long term solution in the first or second round of the draft.

Jonah is the best tackle in FA this off-season lol. It's pretty bare out there now. Lucky for us the draft is deep with OL talent 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 05:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Jonah is the best tackle in FA this off-season lol. It's pretty bare out there now. Lucky for us the draft is deep with OL talent 

You'd better take off your Bengals colored blinders, there are several Tackles worth signing in free agency this year.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Callahan. Now GTFO!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 02:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The process is necessary only because of the Rooney Rule.  We will interview some black coach and insult him as our token candidate before formally announcing Pitcher.

There is the chance that Pitch gets an awesome offer with 100% control...

The last sentence is why they're interviewing. Zac hinted at it in an article I was reading on Cincy Jungle. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 03:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m pretty much on board with exactly this. Tag Tee, Draft a RT round 1. DT in FA ( Wilkins ) & TE (Fant). I let Boyd go and just go with Jones & Iosivas, and Irwin. I’d draft a RB or TE in the 2nd. From there it’s BPA.

Are you trading Tee cause hes not played like a 20mil a year WR
Reply/Quote