Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
Already at the Irv Smith level of FA (before FA even starts).... How we feel about that in general from a NFL Offseason timeline. FA over before it begins?

I don't have a problem with it, but it is much different.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:52 PM)jj22 Wrote:

Did they sign Irv to tell them the Bengals play calls?
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(03-12-2024, 01:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Did they sign Irv to tell them the Bengals play calls?

Didn't you know? He's replacing Kelce....... Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Did they sign Irv to tell them the Bengals play calls?

I’m not sure he even knew them judging on his play last season.

Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Derrick Henry and Nick Chubb in the division bla.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Hoping Derrick Henry finally falls off with the Ravens, that would make me happy.

Funny the Chiefs getting Irv Smith who was terrible for us last season. Wasn't even hurt and still sucked. Was our worst TE.

We are upgraded at TE with Gesicki in the fold and Drew Sample on a 3 year deal right after showing some good play at TE and H-back.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Derrick Henry and Nick Chubb in the division bla.

As risky as it is with his age and injury history I think they pretty much have to bring Reader back.

Reply/Quote
Should be entertaining watching this defense trying to tackle Henry and Lamar.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As risky as it is with his age and injury history I think they pretty much have to bring Reader back.

Yeah and draft a big NT like T'Vondre Sweat in the mean time.

(03-12-2024, 02:07 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Should be entertaining watching this defense trying to tackle Henry and Lamar.

We have tackled them well before, hope Lou gets his Defense on track, I know he was embarrassed by what they put on the field last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:07 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Should be entertaining watching this defense trying to tackle Henry and Lamar.

Yeah, as Adam Schefter stated: Henry most rushing yards since 2018 (8,268) and Lamar most rushing yards by a QB since 2018 (5,258). And the Bengals have a safety whose weakness is rush defense.  In fact, last year missed 12.5% of tackles he could have made and a PFF on rush defense of around 40.

To top it off, the Bengals' new TE is not a blocking TE and the Ravens are a sack machine.

The matchup with the Ravens will be "entertaining." 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As risky as it is with his age and injury history I think they pretty much have to bring Reader back.

Yes.
Reply/Quote

that was my only thought cause its damn sure not for what he did on the field
Reply/Quote

That is going to present a problem.

A BIG problem if they can both stay healthy.

The Ravens seem all in on winning a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote

If we don’t sign Reeder and some other help we’re screwed. Sucks to see all the DT’s being signed and we’re sitting empty. Might have to go sign an OT and draft then with the first 3 picks. Sigh.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:20 PM)depthchart Wrote: That is going to present a problem.

A huge problem given they have to do it twice.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:18 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, as Adam Schefter stated: Henry most rushing yards since 2018 (8,268) and Lamar most rushing yards by a QB since 2018 (5,258). And the Bengals have a safety whose weakness is rush defense.  In fact, last year missed 12.5% of tackles he could have made and a PFF on rush defense of around 40.

To top it off, the Bengals' new TE is not a blocking TE and the Ravens are a sack machine.

The matchup with the Ravens will be "entertaining." 

I bet Geno Stone will be playing FS and more of the single high role and Battle will be the SS in the box.

We brought Sample back and he will be the blocking TE and the H-Back and Gesicki will be the pass catcher like Hudson was for us.

We will see, if we take care of RT and DT I bet we play them much better this year with a healthy Joe Burrow.

(03-12-2024, 02:20 PM)depthchart Wrote: That is going to present a problem.

The Ravens seem all in on winning a Super Bowl.

They will have to win a Playoff game first. Mellow
Reply/Quote
If we were gonna move in from Mixin, Henry would have been my preference.

I'd rather have Henry than Moss & Gesicki (or Sample).

Of course, if I was Henry, I'd pick Baltimore over us in a heartbeat. Soo...

Gotta bring Reader back now.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: A huge problem given they have to do it twice.

Then the Steelers added Russell Wilson who may end up being exactly what they needed.

The Ravens & Steelers offenses may be getting a boost from Henry (Ravens) & Wilson (Steelers)

As much as I and others have focused on TEE, it is the Bengals Defense that has to catch up to 

other Defenses in the Division. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:27 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If we were gonna move in from Mixin, Henry would have been my preference.

I'd rather have Henry than Moss & Gesicki (or Sample).

Of course, if I was Henry, I'd pick Baltimore over us in a heartbeat. Soo...

Gotta bring Reader back now.

The Bengals are not big on signing FA’s over 30. For good or bad it’s just not their thing.

Reply/Quote