Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-12-2024, 03:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Neither player is in their running prime. You're not worrying about tackling 2019 lamar and derrick. 

(03-12-2024, 03:57 PM)Stewy Wrote: But they won't both stay healthy.  History is against them.  Henry has feasted off the weak defenses in the AFC South for years, and now he comes to the AFC North, where he won't last 6 games before he limps off.

I think people just like predicting DoOm!!!!!

Not predicting Doom.

The Ravens let Gus Edwards leave (for a 2 year 6.5 million dollar contract) and brought in Derrick Henry (at 2 years 16 million)

Gus Edwards averaged 4.1 yards per carry for the Ravens and Henry averaged 4.2 on a 6 & 11 Titans Team where Defenses could

focus on Henry.  Lamar can take some of the Focus from Defenses off of Henry and this could in turn keep Henry healthier.

The Ravens obviously seem to expect an upgrade here by paying more for Henry over Gus.

I am glad it isn't younger Henry & younger Lamar but it can still pose a problem when both are on the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Teams can't say anything until free agency opens which is tommorrow.

It’s weird though. They say that but they have Gesecki and Stone news on Bengals home page but don’t mention Moss. So idk
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:13 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Hopefully its Reader.  We need him.

Hopefully, this would be great, but if the Chase tweet is related it could be bigger.  I hate how tweet interpretation has become a thing though and I'm only making it worse.  
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:22 PM)Nepa Wrote: Another one bites the dust
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust (yeah)

My mistake, wrong Arik. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: My mistake, wrong Arik. 

Yes, I think we want Arik Armstead who still hasnt been officially released yet from what I have read on twitter.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: LOL

They're probably referring to nothing can be Official until Wednesday. 
I'm hoping Ja'Marr and his cryptic posts mean some good news is on the horizon. 
I want to open Twix and see this! Ninja
[Image: 20240312-152721.jpg]
Reply/Quote
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-express-interest-in-free-agent-defensive-tackle-malcolm-roach-fall-short-to-broncos-offer

Quote:"In reaching an agreement to sign DT Malcolm Roach to a two-year, $8 million contract, the Broncos beat out the Rams, Cardinals, Bills, and Bengals, who also had expressed a lot of interest," The Denver Gazette's Chris Tomasson tweeted. "Roach is considered an athletic nose tackle and an ascending player."

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:36 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: They're probably referring to nothing can be Official until Wednesday. 
I'm hoping Ja'Marr and his cryptic posts mean some good news is on the horizon. 
I want to open Twix and see this! Ninja
[Image: 20240312-152721.jpg]

Yeah, they're itching for their turn at bat. LOL
Reply/Quote
Now that the illegal tampering deals have been announced its slown down a little bit lol
Reply/Quote
Kay in on it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It’s weird though. They say that but they have Gesecki and Stone news on Bengals home page but don’t mention Moss. So idk

Those guys announced it though right? the bengals themselves usually dont say a thing till offical (or operated that way in the past)

As fun as JJ would be how do afford him and Chase long term?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Kay in on it.

I can’t imagine a scenario where this happens. Still wouldn’t fix the D and O lines lol. I would love to have JJ and Chase but lol it’s never happening
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:43 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I can’t imagine a scenario where this happens. Still wouldn’t fix the D and O lines lol. I would love to have JJ and Chase but lol it’s never happening

Right if we couldnt afford to Keep Tee and Chase no way can we afford this lol
Reply/Quote
Idk if this guy is Jordan’s brother or what, but…

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Those guys announced it though right? the bengals themselves usually dont say a thing till offical (or operated that way in the past)

As fun as JJ would be how do afford him and Chase long term?

I mean if we drafted really well it could work, but can you imagine Duke trying to cut half of a pie into 50 pieces with the other half used up by those 3?  Talk about going all in lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk if this guy is Jordan’s brother or what, but…

He's Jordan's older brother.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:46 PM)phil413 Wrote: I mean if we drafted really well it could work, but can you imagine Duke trying to cut half of a pie into 50 pieces with the other half used up by those 3?  Talk about going all in lol.

And if the cap happened to fall 1 year again
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He's Jordan's older brother.

Figured. I’ve seen him have inside info before.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right if we couldnt afford to Keep Tee and Chase no way can we afford this lol

We can afford tee and chase, just not at what tee wants, presumably. Chase and JJ would have to take pay cuts…..why am I even saying this. Never happening.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:49 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: We can afford tee and chase, just not at what tee wants, presumably. Chase and JJ would have to take pay cuts…..why am I even saying this. Never happening.

lol yeah both these guys are about the be the Highest paid WRs ever and that cant happen if they are both on the same team.  

But maybe they decent they want Rings more than Green.     (not sure the players association will like it)
Reply/Quote