Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-13-2024, 05:37 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The Cowboys signed him to their PS, but he never played. 

I would be happy with Reader + Collins + a value CB/DT/WR.

Thanks, I wasn't aware. 

I would be pretty damn happy with that too.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jonah Williams to the Cardinals

Wtf are we doing? Make some ***** moves. Spend some money.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
So, what if we literally don't have money to spend?

Like we have 50 million in cap space, but what if we physically don't have that money?

Idk what else could be going on.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Jonah Williams to the Cardinals

Someone should remind them there is a minimum. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

2 years and 30 million with 19 guaranteed
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 06:49 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Do you understand he isn't leaving? At least not this year. I have no problem tagging Higgins. 

My beef is the total lack of activity in the trenches and sitting on $50 mil of cap space. And no renegotiations to add more space (OBJ). And not getting the idea that having a TE who can block AND catch is a good idea.

If we were cash strapped, our moves would make sense. Good bargain on Stone. Allows the Scott cut. But for a contender with 2 more years of Hendrickson trying to win a SB? Barf. 

We have paid out more for backups/fringe starters (Sample, ADG, Moss, Ford, T. Williams, Gesicki) than for clear starters (Stone). Even if you call Gesicki or Moss starters (they were both backups last year), it still is true. Close to true if you count them both. 

We saved $8.5 mil vs the cap by cutting Mixon & Scott. Stone + Moss count $9 mil vs the cap this year. It is nearly a wash, cap wise. 

The only moves we have made that actually dent our cap are for backups: Gesicki at $2.5, Sample $4.9, ADG $3, Ford $1.35, TWill vet min? 

All the while we have lots of space and glaring holes at DT/NT, RT, WR3, CB4, and TE1. And a desperate need for interior pass rush. Again, I didn't expect ALL those holes filled in FA. But I don't think ONE, with $50 mil to spend, is asking too much. Two? 

Again, it isn't over yet. But I do not want to hear any more Hobson articles on how Volson is gonna be a pro-bowl G or Zach Carter looking really good.

I've watched you for months now, putting great energy into keeping track of the roster, the cap, and expressing your thoughts on potential moves ahead.  Some of those moves aligned with what you had forecasted, others have not so far.  I guess what I'm saying is that the game isn't over yet.  Even if the team doesn't do things the way you had them (very well) logically thought out, does not mean that they didn't intend for them to go that direction.  I trust that the Front Office won't overpay for a player that was not retained by the organization that originally selected him.  They will put together the best roster that they feel improves the team.  Don't forget that a "collection of talent, does not equal a "team".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Jonah got 15 million per year. Kinda crazy.

Pretty much forces us to pick OT at 18 so far.
Reply/Quote
Jonah’s gone and we b screwed. F this franchise.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 06:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: The run game issues were far more the back 7 taking wrong angles plus losing backside contain than our line getting blown back.

This. A shit ton of explosive plays were bad angles from the backend. If they don't learn, it's going to be rough.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Duke must be looking at the $1 menu at Mcdonalds....

If we are really holding up just for Reader to visit the Lions then WOW.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote

Yeah a 2yr 30mil dollar deal doesn't even seem like that much. I guess this just seems so disappointing because we made several affordable moves and felt like we had a plan. Money allocated for a couple bigger signings. Then a whole lot of nothing. I wonder what our plan is and or if we should be moving to plan B and attack some other positions. Guard maybe?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 07:44 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont think he is right.  These guys are multi-millionaires and they still demand even more.   There is only so much of the pie someone can take and they want to take all they can get and not worry about the others.  If you were a player I would say look at the guy beside you in the locker.  The more you take the less there is to go around for everyone else including that guy they just had to cut because they cant afford to keep everyone.  Dont say its disloyal to cut guys when the very reason a lot of these guys are cut is because of salary cap issues created by the players themselves.  You demand X amount of dollars and another player demands Y amount of dollars then you say something about loyalty when they have to cut a teammate because they no longer have enough cap space to keep everyone in a situation you helped create.

Some are multimillionaires... Most will be in the league for 3 years or less. Those that last longer still only have what?... 10 years if they're lucky? Ten years to earn that kind of money. The rest of their lives to limp and hobble. The NBA can guarantee contracts. They have a cap too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I’d laugh at a glorified guard getting that amount of money but of course the panthers shit the bed and gave out a 100m dollar contract.

Good thing Kyler can run
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:33 PM)pally Wrote:

He got as far away from Garrett and Watt as possible lol. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Friendly reminder to myself... "free agency is longer than 1 day"
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:33 PM)pally Wrote:

Well, Jonah Williams wasn't very good. Lot of sacks allowed and very low PFF of 58. But, of course, it's better to have him than  gambling on picking up a RT in the draft when  every team knows we need one and can jump ahead.  Bengals need to sign at least a serviceable RT in free agency for this year. Unless they think Carmen is ready to make a jump.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So, what if we literally don't have money to spend?

Like we have 50 million in cap space, but what if we physically don't have that money?

Idk what else could be going on.

I doubt we don't physically have the money. It's probably that we're trying to lock up Higgins and Reader, and roll some over for next year to sign Chase.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:42 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Friendly reminder to myself... "free agency is longer than 1 day"

We need that reminder after today. Guess we are just spending all that money on Ja'Marr after we hopefully add Arik Armstead and Trent Brown.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:29 PM)pulses Wrote: 4 yrs 92 and 50 guaranteed

Wow!! He must have really been working hard on his game this offseason because he was rusty last year, and it showed at times. I have a feeling that Tenn is going to regret it. 
Reply/Quote