Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-16-2024, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tee is 4 years younger than Calvin, has never been suspended for rules violations, and has similar stats:

Ridley's "average year":  65 Catches, 872 yards, 7 TDs

Tee's "average year": 65 Catches, 921 yards, 6 TDs

Why is he not worth more than Ridley? 

I agree Tee is worth more than Ridley. To me, he is worth the same thing minimum Tennessee got from Eagles for Brown a few years ago if another team wants him. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 11:31 AM)Goalpost Wrote: This could be an ugly year for Tee playing here next year.  He could get a smattering of boos at some home games.

I hope that the entire team gets splattered with booze, as they are hoisting the Lombardi..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 12:25 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Agreed BUT...the article that I read stated that they gave permission to Higgins to seek a trade....so, why no trade?

Are the Bengals asking too much?

Is Higgin's value not as much as he/his agent thought?

I asked this a few days ago in another thread....Basically is Tee a WR1?

If he is/thinks he is then a 1st round draft pick should be the only compensation.

If he is not/Bengals do not view him as that then the money being asked is not proper.

Ridley is a best case comparison at this point....Dude has been injured....Dude was suspended for gambling while injured....He had a similar season to Higgins average season a couple years ago....1000 yards...8 or so TDs....Ridley just signed for 23 mil per year....92 total/50 guaranteed.

My conclusion from above ...trade Tee now for whatever you can get that is reasonable...a late first/early second.....second rounder/4th rounder....he is not going to be here long term just from Ridley's contract....Higgins would be looking for 26-30 mil with more guaranteed if this is what Ridley is getting and rightly so if that is the market.  Higgins is 10 times the player that Ridley is statistically and on and off the field.

The Ridley signing may hurt more than we think as other teams may not be able/wanting to pay Higgins what his perceived value is in a trade.

I think the issue is as much or more Mulugheta is trying to get too big a bag from other teams and they aren't biting - they know the injury history also. 
Reply/Quote
Tell Tee to find a team that will give him a contract and give us a 1st round pick. If nobody offers up a first round pick then inform Tee nobody in the league looks at him as a #1.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 01:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree Tee is worth more than Ridley. To me, he is worth the same thing minimum Tennessee got from Eagles for Brown a few years ago if another team wants him. 

IMO there's no doubt Tee is worth the $21 Mil that comes with the Tag. The question is; is he worth it to us?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 02:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IMO there's no doubt Tee is worth the $21 Mil that comes with the Tag. The question is; is he worth it to us?

That is the question.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 11:32 AM)CottonHill Wrote: Unfortunately we packed our tight end room with below average guys and have more glaring needs that HAVE to be filled. I wanted Bowers or Newton but now we pretty much have to take a tackle or NT in round 1. It will be the leftover OT most likely but I would be tempted to go Newton if he’s there but man, it’s like the FO has zero foresight here. Them essentially saying they screwed the secondary situation up after spending draft capitol and signing Scott last year hurts bad.

I give them credit for being able to acknowledge they made a mistake and corrected it with a solid true CF type in stone and Bell fell back to them.  Battle looks starter worthy but the safety group as a whole looks good and Dax can be used as a wildcard, possibly making him a weapon roaming or defending TEs.  

If you look at it backwards and see the 3rd round picks as worthy of trade value (either a trade up or out for a vet) it allows you to take a surprise value not worth passing up.  I think you can get a quality NT in trade but not a OT.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 02:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IMO there's no doubt Tee is worth the $21 Mil that comes with the Tag. The question is; is he worth it to us?

I think the Bengals feel he is worth 21.8 million but they dont feel he is worth 21.8 million plus giving up a first round draft pick to keep him.  

If Tee signed the tag today would any other team be willing to give up a first round draft pick to have Tee for 1 year at 21.8 million and maybe a second year at 26 million?   because that is the spot the Bengals are in right now.  I think Tee and his agent over estimated his value and most teams just arent interested.  Hopefully Tee's agent can find one sucker that will bite on the deal
Reply/Quote
What would we even do with another 20M in cap space?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 04:24 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: What would we even do with another 20M in cap space?

I'd imagine we could use it as a signing bonus of a JaMarr extension

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 11:51 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They were always taking a RT at 18 unless miraculously Bowers was there. Sample is not below average. Most teams have a receiver TE and a blocking TE. We are no different. We used the TE more with Browning ( both Browning,Callahan, and Zac confirmed) with no new plays. Browning likes the TE and so they tailored it more to that. The bottom line is Joe has always steered toward the big play with his wideouts. Gesicki will be valuable.

I dont see them taking Bowers even if he is there at #18.  They can still pick up a good TE in the 3rd.  I think OL and DL will still be the priority but it wouldnt surprise me at all if a CB is taken.  If Quinyon Mitchell is there at #18 who knows.  OL is a priority because right now the Bengals have no starting RT and you have Karras on the last year of his contract.  Defensive line is on the table as well.  BJ Hill is on the last year of his contract so you may want to draft his replacement.  It could also give you another rotational piece on the defensive line for this year.   If Newton or Murphy are there, do you take them?  It will be interesting to see how it plays out but I would be shocked if they took Bowers in the 1st if he were still there.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 01:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I hope that the entire team gets splattered with booze, as they are hoisting the Lombardi..

Way to add some levity to this forum.

I agree. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 04:24 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: What would we even do with another 20M in cap space?

That is my question. The ship has sailed on signing a top 5 free agent in 2024.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tee is 4 years younger than Calvin, has never been suspended for rules violations, and has similar stats:

Ridley's "average year":  65 Catches, 872 yards, 7 TDs

Tee's "average year": 65 Catches, 921 yards, 6 TDs

Why is he not worth more than Ridley? 

Tee has durability issues and Ridley is more of natural number 1 receiver
Reply/Quote

Add that to the pot of guaranteed cash for Jamarr Chase, of course.  Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sounds like the Pats are still in contact with the FO over Tee

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 04:50 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Tee has durability issues and Ridley is more of natural number 1 receiver

In his 1st 4 years Ridley missed over twice as many games as Tee has due to injury.

Put Ridley w/ Chase and see how much more of a "natural number 1" receiver Ridley is. 

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 04:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is my question. The ship has sailed on signing a top 5 free agent in 2024.

The Bengals love to roll-over money so I would imagine they would roll over the money so they have even more cap space next year. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 04:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like the Pats are still in contact with the FO over Tee

I hope they are able to work something out.  I love having Tee Higgins on the team.  In any interview you watch, he always seems very down to earth.  He is the kind of guy you would like to have on the team.  The unfortunate part is we cant afford to pay him what he wants and then you add his injury history...  I hope it works out for him wherever he goes.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 04:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like the Pats are still in contact with the FO over Tee

Where did you see that?  I mean, I hope that it's true.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote