Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-16-2024, 05:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Where did you see that?  I mean, I hope that it's true.

My question also. Why say Pats are interested and not tell us at least you heard it at a bar from your 2nd cousin's boyfriend. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 05:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My question also. Why say Pats are interested and not tell us at least you heard it at a bar from your 2nd cousin's boyfriend. 

I would take their 2nd rounder/pick 34 for him.
Won’t happen but Tee, pick 18 and another mid-rounder for #3…hello Marvin Harrison Jr!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 05:53 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I would take their 2nd rounder/pick 34 for him.
Won’t happen but Tee, pick 18 and another mid-rounder for #3…hello Marvin Harrison Jr!

It works for us, problem they have is no one to throw to Tee.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 05:53 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I would take their 2nd rounder/pick 34 for him.

In light of how this free agency period is turning out, adding Marvin Harrison would improve the Bengals firepower, but the same underlying holes of major significance would still exist. Last I checked, neither Harrison or Chase can get 40 yards down field in 1.8 seconds, about the length of time Joe will be having to snap the ball, decide who's open and commit to the throw..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

How about Tee and our 4th round pick for New England's 2nd and 3rd round pick
Reply/Quote

That's valuing Tee as the ~11th overall pick. I don't think anyone realistically values him as that. Honestly it'd probably be a lot more than the 11th because the trade chart gets thrown out the window a bit when drafting early QBs are involved and a top-3 pick would get one of the guys who are widely viewed as the top-3, making the pick more valuable.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
a 2025 6th round pick that can be played into a 4th

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Justin Fields is being traded to the STOOLERS.....via Ian Rapoport 2025 6th round pick that could be a 4th if he plays 51% of the plays.
Reply/Quote
Everyone in this division is doing work except for us. Can’t even close the deal with an average OL and a DT who was cut mid-season. But we have cap space. And a disgruntled #2 WR. And an OL which has gone from bad to worse.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Wow, Steelers are really trying to do solve that QB situation.

I think Russ is the guy. Surprised they would get Fields as well.
Should create an intense competition and maybe some tension.

Maybe they don't want to pay Russ long-term--or think he's on the tail end of his career.
He seems pretty young though.

I wonder what they gave up.
It makes sense that they are trying to acquire a QB because they never draft high enough to get a good one.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 07:46 PM)pally Wrote: a 2025 6th round pick that can be played into a 4th

A 6th Rounder?!?! They just got rid of a backup because he wasn't happy. Unsure how happy Justin will be
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 07:53 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Wow, Steelers are really trying to do solve that QB situation.

I think Russ is the guy. Surprised they would get Fields as well.
Should create an intense competition and maybe some tension.

Maybe they don't want to pay Russ long-term--or think he's on the tail end of his career.
He seems pretty young though.

I wonder what they gave up.
It makes sense that they are trying to acquire a QB because they never draft high enough to get a good one.

Wilson is old news and not nearly as good as he used to be......Fields isnt gonna sit the bench all year and then they pickup his 5th year option for like 25 mill......not gonna happen.....Fields is gonna play more than most thinks.
Reply/Quote
For basically nothing. Stealers taking a flyer on being able to make Fields into something resembling a QB...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 07:47 PM)pulses Wrote: Justin Fields is being traded to the STOOLERS.....via Ian Rapoport 2025 6th round pick that could be a 4th if he plays 51% of the plays.

Holy crap. Is that really the compensation? Man I was hoping they atleast had to give up they're 1st rd pick. Man the afc north is tough. I have to say we are probably the worst from an organization stand point of the bunch. All the other teams make things happen. May or May not work out but they make the moves. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 07:52 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Everyone in this division is doing work except for us. Can’t even close the deal with an average OL and a DT who was cut mid-season. But we have cap space. And a disgruntled #2 WR. And an OL which has gone from bad to worse.

I don't think the oline is that bad. 

LG could be better, but I would say we're about average there.
LT, C, and RG are pretty good.

RT was our biggest weakness last year. 
I don't think we got that much worse.
Jonah's rating was not good.
I'm guessing after the draft we'll be as good as we were last year.
Depending on who we pick at tackle, we could be better long-term (and potentially short term as well, you never know).

I honestly don't think the guys on our roster already are that big of a dropoff from Jonah.
Carmon looked better than him in the playoffs last year at LT.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 06:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's valuing Tee as the ~11th overall pick. I don't think anyone realistically values him as that. Honestly it'd probably be a lot more than the 11th because the trade chart gets thrown out the window a bit when drafting early QBs are involved and a top-3 pick would get one of the guys who are widely viewed as the top-3, making the pick more valuable.

Yeah I wasn’t being serious - just a fantasy scenario.
I think more likely would be trading for a lower first rounder and taking another WR. However I think their best bet would be 007s Pats trade proposal - Get a OT/DT/WR at 18 then fill the other 2 spots with those 2 second rounders. They would then even have the ability to move back into the bottom of the first if they wanted to.
The Bengals don’t operate this way so there’s probably a less than 1% chance any of this happens.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 07:57 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Holy crap. Is that really the compensation? Man I was hoping they atleast had to give up they're 1st rd pick. Man the afc north is tough. I have to say we are probably the worst from an organization stand point of the bunch. All the other teams make things happen. May or May not work out but they make the moves. 

Yes sir and I think Fields plays a lot more than most think.....not gonna pickup his 5th year option sitting on the bench....
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are out there getting all kinds of gifts...damn

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 07:56 PM)pulses Wrote: Wilson is old news and not nearly as good as he used to be......Fields isnt gonna sit the bench all year and then they pickup his 5th year option for like 25 mill......not gonna happen.....Fields is gonna play more than most thinks.

Fields scares me. Not sure they get him unlocked. But he's one of those players that if the right offensive mind gets with him he can be very dangerous. The Steelers were in QB purgatory and now they have a very fresh start. I'm a fan of Fields from a fantasy perspective but I really hope this doesn't work out. The Bengals have to join the present of the NFL and start committing to pushing the limits every year. Not sure that will happen anytime soon but we may fall back to not being competitive enough in the North.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 07:56 PM)pulses Wrote: Wilson is old news and not nearly as good as he used to be......Fields isnt gonna sit the bench all year and then they pickup his 5th year option for like 25 mill......not gonna happen.....Fields is gonna play more than most thinks.

He had a good year last year.
I think he's better than people give him credit for.

But, I wouldn't say he's in the top 5.
He's definitely in the top 15 QBs.
Any QB is going to look bad when the team around him is bad.
His last couple years in Seattle the line was in shambles.
Same thing in Denver.
Payton made a big effort going into last year to improve the oline and I thought it had an impact on Russ.
They almost made the playoffs and he played well.
Reply/Quote