Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
(06-09-2015, 09:59 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Ok so I read up on that....I think it's something different, but I was also wondering what might happen if a dragon somehow got greyscale.  Or maybe if dragons have some sort of royality, the Red Woman could raise a shadow dragon (which I'm pretty sure would kick all ass).

based on how she birthed the other shadow warriors... Beastiallity would have to occur to birth a shadow dragon. and im not sure she would make it thru that.
Reply/Quote
How'd they fit that giant on a rowboat? Or even a full boat for that matter?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 03:06 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: How'd they fit that giant on a rowboat? Or even a full boat for that matter?

When they were leaving, he just started walking across.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 01:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: based on how she birthed the other shadow warriors... Beastiallity would have to occur to birth a shadow dragon.  and im not sure she would make it thru that.

But this is RR we're talking about.  If he didn't make that happen it's only because it isn't shocking enough.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 01:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: picked off? with what dragon glass?

Send them off alive? they have no need for fear tactics infact the more they kill the stronger they become. as their numbers increase.

This isnt a typical army of typical soldiers.

You don't need dragon glass with the minions, they can be killed conventionally.

And if the WW army got overwhelmed and pushed back, their numbers would decrease (assuming the vanquished bodies are burned).  Presumably, they were defeated thousands of years prior....so, yeah, they still need to consider tactics - the easiest army to defeat is the one too scared to stand together to face you.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 07:32 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: You don't need dragon glass with the minions, they can be killed conventionally.

And if the WW army got overwhelmed and pushed back, their numbers would decrease (assuming the vanquished bodies are burned).  Presumably, they were defeated thousands of years prior....so, yeah, they still need to consider tactics - the easiest army to defeat is the one too scared to stand together to face you.

I have a feeling that these White Walkers have a few other tricks up their sleeves.

BTW- Speaking of tricks up sleeves, I wonder how Bran is doing?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 08:23 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I have a feeling that these White Walkers have a few other tricks up their sleeves.

BTW- Speaking of tricks up sleeves, I wonder how Bran is doing?

I'm not sure if it was stated in this thread or i read it online somewhere, but Bran n groups story line is getting a break this season so that everyone is at an equal time frame in season 6.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 08:23 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I have a feeling that these White Walkers have a few other tricks up their sleeves.

I seriously can't wait to see Walker dragons, giants and mammoths....we've already seen the spiders.

We got to see the size of their army (although we don't actually know that's their whole army)...I want to see just how many of the WW's there are.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 07:32 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: You don't need dragon glass with the minions, they can be killed conventionally.

They will need to concentrate on taking out the WW's with dragon fire, dragon glass, and Valyrian steel weapons. Once the WW's are removed, they can't re-animate the wights.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 10:28 AM)Beaker Wrote: They will need to concentrate on taking out the WW's with dragon fire, dragon glass, and Valyrian steel weapons. Once the WW's are removed, they can't re-animate the wights.

At least on tv, that's not really clear.  We don't know if they can all do it, if only the leader can do it, and how close and how long or under what circumstances they can do it.  It's a logical assumption, but there's no evidence they actually can run through re-animating in the middle of a battle.  I wouldn't expect to see the WW leader close enough to the battle to do it.
Reply/Quote
It was kind of strange how easily the dragon got hurt with the wooden spears. You would think the scales would be so tough that it would bounce right off. And if that hurt the dragon imagine how quickly it would go down with a whole army concentrating on it at once?
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 04:38 PM)GodFather Wrote: It was kind of strange how easily the dragon got hurt with the wooden spears. You would think the scales would be so tough that it would bounce right off. And if that hurt the dragon imagine how quickly it would go down with a whole army concentrating on it at once?

That's a very young dragon. 2 years old and not fully developed. I imagine it will heal from those attacks, but Balerion was huge when the Targaryens took Westeros. Teeth as long as swords. His jaw could fit a whole mammoth.

[Image: 350px-Aegon_on_Balerion.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 04:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's a very young dragon. 2 years old and not fully developed. I imagine it will heal from those attacks, but Balerion was huge when the Targaryens took Westeros. Teeth as long as swords. His jaw could fit a whole mammoth.

I know they can be defeated, at huge costs, in tight quarters.  But there's really no way anyone with a full grown dragon should lose a battle (unless the other side has dragons).

I don't know if dragons played a role in defeating the WW before.  If they did, I assume they'll have a better plan this time around.

That pic of Balerion is awesome. Drogon is pretty scary, but Balerion is basically Godzilla.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 06:49 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I know they can be defeated, at huge costs, in tight quarters.  But there's really no way anyone with a full grown dragon should lose a battle (unless the other side has dragons).

I don't know if dragons played a role in defeating the WW before.  If they did, I assume they'll have a better plan this time around.

That pic of Balerion is awesome.  Drogon is pretty scary, but Balerion is basically Godzilla.

The Others brought the Long Night to Westeros 8000 years ago before being driven back by the Last Hero. This was before the Andals (Southerners) came from Essos and when it was just the First Men. He looked for the Children of the forest to help him defeat the white walkers with their magic. The children also make dragonglass.

The children say dragonglass comes from dragons, so there has to be some history of dragons being there, but the stories told suggest the children and the last men fought together with magic and dragonglass to kill the white walkers.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 08:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The Others brought the Long Night to Westeros 8000 years ago before being driven back by the Last Hero. This was before the Andals (Southerners) came from Essos and when it was just the First Men. He looked for the Children of the forest to help him defeat the white walkers with their magic. The children also make dragonglass.

The children say dragonglass comes from dragons, so there has to be some history of dragons being there, but the stories told suggest the children and the last men fought together with magic and dragonglass to kill the white walkers.

I'm not sure if you also have World of Ice and Fire, but I'm glad someone else knows as much about this crap as me. Sometimes I feel like Colbert on the LotR. Of course, I also have all of the Tolkien books as well and know a lot about that world too.

I really am a nerd. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 09:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm not sure if you also have World of Ice and Fire, but I'm glad someone else knows as much about this crap as me. Sometimes I feel like Colbert on the LotR. Of course, I also have all of the Tolkien books as well and know a lot about that world too.

I really am a nerd. LOL

No way you didn't send away for your wife in a mail order catalog.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 04:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's a very young dragon. 2 years old and not fully developed. I imagine it will heal from those attacks, but Balerion was huge when the Targaryens took Westeros. Teeth as long as swords. His jaw could fit a whole mammoth.

[Image: 350px-Aegon_on_Balerion.jpg]

What a wasted education I had.  Not one biology class I took touched on the development of dragons.  I want my money back.

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 09:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm not sure if you also have World of Ice and Fire, but I'm glad someone else knows as much about this crap as me. Sometimes I feel like Colbert on the LotR. Of course, I also have all of the Tolkien books as well and know a lot about that world too.

I really am a nerd. LOL

im still reading thru it but its a most excellent addition to any SoIaF fans library.

Although many of the things you really want to read about he references to others books. (which exist his the world hes created but not in ours lol)
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 10:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No way you didn't send away for your wife in a mail order catalog.  

Did I mention my wife has her BA and MA in English? She's a lit nerd, so she is right there with me.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 02:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Did I mention my wife has her BA and MA in English? She's a lit nerd, so she is right there with me.

Do us all a favor and go produce some smart babies to help offset all the idiots in the world.
Reply/Quote