Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
(06-08-2015, 11:34 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've used WatchTvSeries for the last couple of years to watch all my shows. Here's the direct link for Game Of Thrones

really HBO go is cheap and you only need it for 3 months.

If you guys like the series that much you should support it not pirate it.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: really HBO go is cheap and you only need it for 3 months.  

If you guys like the series that much you should support it not pirate it.

Time Warner, the parent company of HBO (who made almost 5 billion by themselves last year), doesn't seem too worried...

Right around now is where we should mention piracy. "Game of Thrones" remains one of the most pirated shows on the airwaves. But even that fact doesn't make a significant dent in income — at least, not on the subscriber side, and not in the long term. Engadget

"We've been dealing with this for 20, 30 years — people sharing [subscriptions], running wires down the backs of apartment buildings," Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes told AdWeek in August. "Our experience is that it leads to more paying subs. I think you're right that 'Game of Thrones' is the most pirated show in the world" he said. "That's better than an Emmy." Adweek
Reply/Quote
When Trant asked the madam to have another one ready for him tomorrow, who thinks that will be Arya?
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Time Warner, the parent company of HBO (who made almost 5 billion by themselves last year), doesn't seem too worried...

Right around now is where we should mention piracy. "Game of Thrones" remains one of the most pirated shows on the airwaves. But even that fact doesn't make a significant dent in income — at least, not on the subscriber side, and not in the long term. Engadget

"We've been dealing with this for 20, 30 years — people sharing [subscriptions], running wires down the backs of apartment buildings," Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes told AdWeek in August. "Our experience is that it leads to more paying subs. I think you're right that 'Game of Thrones' is the most pirated show in the world" he said. "That's better than an Emmy." Adweek

Doesnt really matter if Time warner is making billions or losing money.. If you like it enough you should pay for it. I understand maybe pirating something to see if you like it but after that you should support the things you like.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 10:11 AM)Beaker Wrote: Anybody know a good free streaming site to watch GoT? The one I was using seems to have shut down. I dont have HBO.

Download Kodi and then use genesis app.

Plenty of you tube tutorials to set it up. Takes a couple of minutes.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 01:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Doesnt really matter if Time warner is making billions or losing money..  If you like it enough you should pay for it.  I understand maybe pirating something to see if you like it but after that you should support the things you like.

I dont care for all the rest of the HBO product. I simply want to watch GoT for 10 episodes a year. I dont wish to sign up for something I will not use other than for those 10 shows. If HBO would let me pay for the percentage of their product that I use, I would pay it. I imagine 10 shows a year out of their programming line up is a very small percentage. Not worth it to them, not worth it to me to pay for the rest. If I can find it for free, then bonus for me.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 01:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Doesnt really matter if Time warner is making billions or losing money..  If you like it enough you should pay for it.  I understand maybe pirating something to see if you like it but after that you should support the things you like.

I'll pirate it for now, but I also buy the Blu Ray sets when they come out.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Now that Stannis has killed Shireen, that leaves him as the last of the Baratheon line. Yes, Tommen and his sister are considered Baratheons, but are bastards that may eventually be found out. Unless Stannis has another child, the Baratheon line dies with him.

Also, the Targyreon line is in trouble. Jon Snow may have Targyreon blood, but is a bastard also. Remeber Dany is barren after the witch cursed her and will have no more children. And unless the missing Aegon shows up. Her line will die with her also.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 03:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: Also, the Targyreon line is in trouble. Jon Snow may have Targyreon blood, but is a bastard also. Remeber Dany is barren after the witch cursed her and will have no more children. And unless the missing Aegon shows up. Her line will die with her also.

Is he actually a bastard, though? If the old "R+L=J" holds true he could be legitimate. If I remember correctly, the Targaryens were known to take multiple wives. They could have been married and there could still be those that hold that secret.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 03:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Is he actually a bastard, though? If the old "R+L=J" holds true he could be legitimate. If I remember correctly, the Targaryens were known to take multiple wives. They could have been married and there could still be those that hold that secret.

We could find out if someone lights Jon on fire, eh. Apparently Targaryens don't burn so easy. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:00 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So, was that like mere flesh wounds or is Dany down to two dragons?  Tyrion was like "holy shit, she's the real deal!"

Also...
[Image: mlih0.jpg]

" 'Tis but a scratch."

[Image: tumblr_nd6onrBfCL1s9sfbjo1_500.gif]

Didn't you see the way Drogon forgot all about it and nuzzled up to Danny. That boy loves his mama!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 04:03 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Didn't you see the way Drogon forgot all about it and nuzzled up to Danny. That boy loves his mama!

Cool.  Would have been pretty lame if a dragon could be taken down by a couple of spear chuckers.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 03:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: Now that Stannis has killed Shireen, that leaves him as the last of the Baratheon line. Yes, Tommen and his sister are considered Baratheons, but are bastards that may eventually be found out. Unless Stannis has another child, the Baratheon line dies with him.

Also, the Targyreon line is in trouble. Jon Snow may have Targyreon blood, but is a bastard also. Remeber Dany is barren after the witch cursed her and will have no more children. And unless the missing Aegon shows up. Her line will die with her also.

The Stark line is looking pretty good in comparison. Bran and Rickon are alive to pass on the name. Jon could become a legitimate Stark. In the books, Robb may or may not have knocked up his wife who is alive.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 03:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Is he actually a bastard, though? If the old "R+L=J" holds true he could be legitimate. If I remember correctly, the Targaryens were known to take multiple wives. They could have been married and there could still be those that hold that secret.

Under certain laws, he could have taken another wife. If the wedding was legitimized, Jon is a noble born Targaryen. Though, I think he either keeps Snow out of honor or takes Stark.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 06:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In the books, Robb may or may not have knocked up his wife who is alive.

In the show I think they were quite clear she's dead.  Certainly her baby is.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 06:23 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: In the show I think they were quite clear she's dead.  Certainly her baby is.

Yea, but **** the show.

Reply/Quote
And are Jorah and Dany BFF's again?

by the way, that was one hell of a throw....Browns should get him into camp STAT!
Reply/Quote
JustWinBa Wrote:And are Jorah and Dany BFF's again?

by the way, that was one hell of a throw....Browns should get him into camp STAT!
From stoned man to stone man.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 11:56 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: It appears that it will work out nicely according to the preview of next week's episode. They catch a break in the weather as they prepare to march on Winterfell. That's what completely sucks about Melisandre's tactics - hideous as they are, they work. 

After thinking on it more today at work, the sacrifice will probably work however when Davos returns to find out what happened, something tells me either him or Melisandre wont be making the march from Winterfell to Kings Landing (if indeed there even will be one). 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 01:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: When Trant asked the madam to have another one ready for him tomorrow, who thinks that will be Arya?

It may be Arya or it may not be Arya. It is all the same to the many faced god.

Sorry couldnt resist. I think it could be Arya for sure, but maybe with a different face since he would recognize her. Remember he is the one that came to get her after Ned was arrested and killed her dance instructor, who was also from Bravos. Maybe she will get to learn how to change faces, because the many faced god realizes there is an army of the dead across the sea ready to destroy the world and time is of essence for her to be sent back to Westeros to do whatever it is they picked her to do in the first place.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote