Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
Dropped it. Show went way too off the rails in regards to source material this season.

I'll pick it back up when/if the book series is finished. Until then there are too many omissions of my favorite characters to continue watching
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 02:24 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I wonder if Tyrion will get to ride a dragon?!?!?!

I bet he's wondering if a dragon will ride him. Hey-ooooooooo.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 01:42 AM)Millhouse Wrote: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Valyrian_steel   (based on book, not show)

Some good stuff there on Valyrian. According to that only 10 known pieces exist in Westeros. I wonder if it will be a possibililty down the road if Sam figures out how to make "Dragonglass" and Dany's 3 dragons help forge them or something like that.

edit:already mentioned above nm hah

Also, wasn't the dagger that the assassin tried to kill Bran with made of Valyrian steel? If so, Littelfinger has that now. I also think that the dragons are going to play a huge part in defeating the white walkers. Think about it....dragon glass, dragon steel (Valyrian steel)....dragon's fire. The dragons will take out mass quantities of walkers with their fire....if Dany, Tyrion, and probably Sam figure out how to train them.
Reply/Quote
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Valyrian_steel

Has a list of known weapons.

There's Oathkeeper with Brienne. Widow's Wail with Tommen. Longclaw with Jon. The assassin's blade with Baelish. A Dothraki has one. Two Iron Island houses each have one. Sam's dad has one. One of the houses loyal to Petyr at the Eyre have one.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 11330044_433176566848844_661278001640163...e=55F28F3C]

Jon Snow at a dinner party:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BabsgCQhpu4
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
That clip was hilarious.

I think Olly ends up being the one that stabs Jon Snow. I think he takes Sam's "sometimes you have to do what you think is right, even when everyone thinks its wrong" speech totally the wrong way.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:55 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Valyrian_steel

Has a list of known weapons.

There's Oathkeeper with Brienne. Widow's Wail with Tommen. Longclaw with Jon. The assassin's blade with Baelish. A Dothraki has one. Two Iron Island houses each have one. Sam's dad has one. One of the houses loyal to Petyr at the Eyre have one.

there are many many of those swords in the realm.. and many more known around the world.

Also did the show ever expose it was Jeoffrey that sent the knife at bran?
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 02:24 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I wonder if Tyrion will get to ride a dragon?!?!?!

during book 5 he becomes a whiny little B**** i hope he gets eaten by a dragon or death by greyscale very soon.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Also did the show ever expose it was Jeoffrey that sent the knife at bran?

I thought it was Cersei, not Joffrey because it happened right after the King's entourage left Winterfell and Joffrey wasn't King yet, Robert was still alive.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:45 AM)Beaker Wrote: I thought it was Cersei, not Joffrey because it happened right after the King's entourage left Winterfell and Joffrey wasn't King yet, Robert was still alive.

Joffrey wasnt king but he was there.

It was Joffrey.... He hired the catspaw to finish bran.. it was Roberts Knife one of many that he didnt pay attention too..and joffrey had access to. Joffrey didnt like the stark boys.

The books say this plain enough. Jamie Lannister eventually figures it out when he questions his sister about it.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: during book 5 he becomes a whiny little B**** i hope he gets eaten by a dragon or death by greyscale very soon.

Yeah, but don't expect to see that on the TV version. His character is extremely popular.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Ran into an article about 8 top candidate that could win the Game of Thrones.  Number 1 was very interesting.

http://mashable.com/2015/06/04/game-thrones-winner-iron-throne/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=feedburner&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Mashablefrance+%28Mashable%21+Francais%29

Totally forgot about the Vision.
Reply/Quote
Remember the one bastard of Robert's that got away, the blacksmith?

You have dragons, but no one knows how to make Valyrian steel....but maybe the blacksmith is special, and it's a way to bring him back into the story. Always seemed to me like there was going to be more to his story.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 12:49 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Remember the one bastard of Robert's that got away, the blacksmith?

You have dragons, but no one knows how to make Valyrian steel....but maybe the blacksmith is special, and it's a way to bring him back into the story. Always seemed to me like there was going to be more to his story.

Its weird. in the show the red preistiest brought him to dragon stone for his seed.

In the books he was with the Botherhood with no banners. And decided to stay with them when Arya pushed on. (he was still be hunted on the queens order to remove all of roberts bastards from the realm.)

robert still has many in the books that i dont know ever made it to the show. Edric Storm. And Maya Stone to name 2.

The Art of creating Valyrian steel was lost in the Doom of Valyria. But some of the more skilled blacksmiths in the realm know how to work the existing metal without ruining its properties.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 10:46 AM)Football Bender Wrote: Ran into an article about 8 top candidate that could win the Game of Thrones.  Number 1 was very interesting.

http://mashable.com/2015/06/04/game-thrones-winner-iron-throne/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=feedburner&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Mashablefrance+%28Mashable%21+Francais%29

For a second i thought you might have been talking about brans vision in book 1...

Where the 3 shadowy figures loomed over head.. one clad in gold one with the face of a dog and one a face black and deep of nothing.

Which hopefully leads to Jamie and the Hound Killing the mountain.. (the hound still speculated to be alive in the books. as a character Brienne passes at a monestary.)

And Gregor the Mountain we know is being turned into Ceresi's Champion on the Kings Guard by Qyburn. named robert Strongboar.
Reply/Quote
Am I the only person on this message board who has never seen this show? Not even once. I feel left out.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 10:46 AM)Football Bender Wrote: Ran into an article about 8 top candidate that could win the Game of Thrones.  Number 1 was very interesting.

The issue with this is that while it acknowledges stuff in the books, I feel like it doesn't really give it the weight it deserves. 

The big players are Stannis, Dany, Jon, and Tyrion. 

The rest of the Lannisters are done. Their power is temporary and losing fast. The public seems to accept that the rumors of incest are true.

Baelish, while clever, has no claim and never will. This world recognizes legitimate claims or seizing power (as the Targaryens did). 

The High Sparrow, representing the faith, brings up the possibility of a theocracy, but it's more likely they would find a family to anoint to rule the kingdoms. 

I think a Targaryen returns to power because it's what is known to this world. Whether it's Dany, Jon, or Aegon, I don't know. Tyrion comes into play here as the natural King of the Hand. I believe Jon respects him and Dany will too. I'm more inclined to suggest Dany becomes queen because Jon would most likely advocate for a free North and return to the Wall to defend against the Others. He'd die Lord Commander at an old age because he respects his oath thanks to the values Ned taught him. He may very well assist Dany in her fight and serve as a link between her and the North. Then again, maybe he considers his oath complete as he has died and come back to life. 

I just don't know how Bran and the Children come into play. I'm assuming their worry is the same as Jon's: the Others. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 04:02 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Am I the only person on this message board who has never seen this show?  Not even once.  I feel left out.

Up until a couple months ago, i was right with you. Then, on my son's request, i binge watched it with him and now i'm caught up and hooked.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 03:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Its weird.  in the show the red preistiest brought him to dragon stone for his seed.

In the books he was with the Botherhood with no banners. And decided to stay with them when Arya pushed on.  (he was still be hunted on the queens order to remove all of roberts bastards from the realm.)

robert still has many in the books that i dont know ever made it to the show.  Edric Storm.  And Maya Stone to name 2.

The Art of creating Valyrian steel was lost in the Doom of Valyria.   But some of the more skilled blacksmiths in the realm know how to work the existing metal without ruining its properties.

I suppose it makes sense that in RR's world a lot of characters cross paths or have an impact and then just drift off as a loose end, not unlike the real world.

Maybe that character is done, but he was supposed to be a fine young blacksmith...and it just seems like maybe with help/luck or something special about him, that he could figure out how to forge new Valyrian steel.  Not like there's really "rules" to RR's world - it's a world with magic so pretty much anything is possible.
Reply/Quote
Anybody know a good free streaming site to watch GoT? The one I was using seems to have shut down. I dont have HBO.
Reply/Quote