Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
(05-21-2015, 04:03 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: You have good taste....best body in the show.  I mean, I already thought she was very attractive and then my jaw just dropped

And I stand corrected
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 02:42 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And I stand corrected

Ok Bronn
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 02:42 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And I stand corrected

(05-27-2015, 03:41 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Ok Bronn

daaaaaaamnn
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: m9vra.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That episode was just...wow
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 01:06 AM)eoxyod Wrote: That episode was just...wow

I just read the recap. Sounds like quite the interesting episode.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 09:19 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I just read the recap. Sounds like quite the interesting episode.

Reading does not do a justice.

It's going up there in the series' top 5 immediately.
Reply/Quote
So, Jorah Mormont has become Connington. And what about the Aegon storyline?

Methinks they just don't want to pay any more actors.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Holy crap. Theyre goona need a buttload more dragon glass.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:23 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: So, Jorah Mormont has become Connington. And what about the Aegon storyline?

Methinks they just don't want to pay any more actors.

I don't think it's just about paying more actors, I think it is about keeping the storyline more manageable. With the books you can just create the tomes that GRRM has done for us as the stories become ever more complicated and intertwined and more characters are revealed. On the show, you can only cram so much into that hour block and the number of episodes ordered. Already there are a lot of details left out in the translation from page to screen, can you imagine what would have to be left out if they included all of the characters from the books?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 11:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't think it's just about paying more actors, I think it is about keeping the storyline more manageable. With the books you can just create the tomes that GRRM has done for us as the stories become ever more complicated and intertwined and more characters are revealed. On the show, you can only cram so much into that hour block and the number of episodes ordered. Already there are a lot of details left out in the translation from page to screen, can you imagine what would have to be left out if they included all of the characters from the books?

they arent keeping story lines managable they are completely changing them... Which completely destroys their purpose in the first place.

the show has long ago lost the magic the books have. They are trying to generate ratings and thats their only goal... not story intergerity anymore. that boat sailed long ago.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 12:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they arent keeping story lines managable they are completely changing them... Which completely destroys their purpose in the first place.

the show has long ago lost the magic the books have.  They are trying to generate ratings and thats their only goal... not story intergerity anymore. that boat sailed long ago.

Yeah, they definitely jumped the shark a while ago. As Pat said earlier, it's really just fanfic at this point. Though I guess if that were true they would be paying more attention to how pissed some of the fans of the books are at the changes. Be that as it may, many of the changes at least started out as being a thing because of cast size and time constraints. Not saying all, but many of them definitely were. Changing them to make them manageable isn't about story integrity, though, it is all about ratings. Because if you can't successfully translate page to screen you won't get them.

Reply/Quote
What is this "Game of Thrones"? Is it a game show? I've never heard of it before. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 12:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they arent keeping story lines managable they are completely changing them... Which completely destroys their purpose in the first place.

the show has long ago lost the magic the books have.  They are trying to generate ratings and thats their only goal... not story intergerity anymore. that boat sailed long ago.

I totally disagree. I thought the books got way to strung out with too many pointless story arcs. I like how the show has condensed and combined them. I also think its ok for the show to deviate from the narrative especially since alot of the narrative is still in GRRM's head. As long as the show runner's know how it all is supposed to end via George. Its ok how they get there.
Reply/Quote
To hop into this debate, I think what they're doing is taking the end game (since apparently GRRM told them the end game) and revising story lines to get to that point.

If there's no Aegon yet then he ultimately isn't important. Likely a fraud.

Sansa marrying Ramsay gets them to their end result with the North quicker than having the fake Arya marry him.

Introducing the White Walkers/Others now gets them into the REAL conflict of the story quicker. (Also is it now confirmed that Valyrian steel is either refined dragonbone/obsidian or at least made with it?)

Not bringing back zombie Catelyn just means his attack on the Freys wasn't that important for the storyline.

Having almost nothing about the still on going fight with the Robb's remaining men means that's not as important or can be overlooked for now.

They're going to get to the same point B as GRRM, they are just going to take a different path. It seems clear that what is important is Dany and Jon being big players in the end game. A mother ***** song of Ice and Fire. Two Targaryens going at it.

Also, any book readers know what cliffhanger will end this season. We can take a stab at guessing what it will be, right?

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 01:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: I totally disagree. I thought the books got way to strung out with too many pointless story arcs.

For a short series (5 with a total of 7) is has a TON of mythos and intricate family politicking and back stories that are not necessary. That's his writing style, though. He creates this elaborate world and every single detail may not ultimately have any importance.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 03:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Also, any book readers know what cliffhanger will end this season. We can take a stab at guessing what it will be, right?

It will bring a new meaning to FTW.
Reply/Quote
That fight, though, was awesome. It may be completely invented, but the show is doing a great job is letting us know what the real fight is. Only a few groups understand it. Azor Ah.. umm Jon Snow is the real hero of this all. It's not about who is on the iron throne but who will push back the others and prevent another generation of darkness that they say 8000 years before.

And if the Prince Who Was Promised is Azor reborn, it can be Jon and not Dany even though it seems like she fits it more.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 03:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: To hop into this debate, I think what they're doing is taking the end game (since apparently GRRM told them the end game) and revising story lines to get to that point.

If there's no Aegon yet then he ultimately isn't important. Likely a fraud.

Sansa marrying Ramsay gets them to their end result with the North quicker than having the fake Arya marry him.

Introducing the White Walkers/Others now gets them into the REAL conflict of the story quicker. (Also is it now confirmed that Valyrian steel is either refined dragonbone/obsidian or at least made with it?)

Not bringing back zombie Catelyn just means his attack on the Freys wasn't that important for the storyline.

Having almost nothing about the still on going fight with the Robb's remaining men means that's not as important or can be overlooked for now.

They're going to get to the same point B as GRRM, they are just going to take a different path. It seems clear that what is important is Dany and Jon being big players in the end game. A mother ***** song of Ice and Fire. Two Targaryens going at it.

Also, any book readers know what cliffhanger will end this season. We can take a stab at guessing what it will be, right?

We're looking at what, A Feast for Crows this season? I lose track sometimes. If you're referring to the still lingering literary cliffhanger then we won't see that until next season, I don't think.

Anyway, I don't think Aegon is a fraud in the books, but I have a feeling that the people of the Seven Kingdoms aren't going to bother with him. When (if) Dany makes it across the sea and she still has her dragons at her command, they will be the only reason the people pay any attention to her. These are outsiders to them and unless they truly come to conquer it will be a folly.

As for the Valyrian steel, it is my understanding that the steel itself was smelted using the fire of a dragon. On the magical side of things, that can imbue some serious fire mojo. On the less fantastical side of things, if you are smelting your ore at such a temperature and then it is rapidly cooled, it could (we're talking fantasy mixed with real world here people, it doesn't have to make sense) form obsidian structures within the steel. Just a couple of thoughts there.

Reply/Quote
I think the white walkers will make it south of the wall. I think Dany and her dragons will help repel them. How many walkers do you think a fire-breathing dragon can torch at a time. I think the walkers have nothing to counter an aerial attack.
Reply/Quote