Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
(05-20-2015, 01:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, when I heard about the Sansa and Bolton thing I was not happy. The end result is the same as Baelish's plan in the books, but it is contrary to his nature and feelings towards Sansa.

End result is a little different... As the littlefinger knows of the boltons part in the red wedding and as planning on purging them from the north with the iron borne
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 06:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: End result is a little different...  As the littlefinger knows of the boltons part in the red wedding and as planning on purging them from the north with the iron borne

Big picture, though. Littlefinger controlling the north through Sansa is his end game it seems. Likely as some sort of vengeance on the Starks for taking Cat from him. Either route results in this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 07:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Big picture, though. Littlefinger controlling the north through Sansa is his end game it seems. Likely as some sort of vengeance on the Starks for taking Cat from him. Either route results in this.

I think its more Littlefingers bid for the Iron throne.. Something he knows he will never sit on himself but something he can controll eventually thru Sansa (possibly) or she is just a step in the right direction.

He has the Eryie
If his plan goes thru he Has the North
He is Lord paramount of the Trident.

Thats 3/7ths... albeit 2 of those terrioties are currently a bit war torn.

but varys end game other than sitting a "dragon" on the throne is still a bit of a mystery.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 01:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, when I heard about the Sansa and Bolton thing I was not happy. The end result is the same as Baelish's plan in the books, but it is contrary to his nature and feelings towards Sansa.

Yea, he loves Cat and Sansa is mini Cat, so he cares about her safety. He wouldn't throw her to Ramsay.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 05:46 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I just want to see Missandei naked

You have good taste....best body in the show. I mean, I already thought she was very attractive and then my jaw just dropped
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 03:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think its more Littlefingers bid for the Iron throne.. Something he knows he will never sit on himself but something he can controll eventually thru Sansa (possibly) or she is just a step in the right direction.

He has the Eryie
If his plan goes thru he Has the North
He is Lord paramount of the Trident.

Thats 3/7ths...   albeit 2 of those terrioties are currently a bit war torn.  

but varys end game other than sitting a "dragon" on the throne is still a bit of a mystery.

Varys in the show, no idea what's going on right now. Varys in the books, I have a pretty good grasp on his game. I just don't think they are going the same route in the show. Anyone that is up to date on both have any input there?

As for Littlefinger, I have a feeling that was his plan in the beginning, but he saw an opening and something even more primal than the urge for power cropped up. Revenge. Controlling the Iron throne, yeah, he'd be happy with that. But sitting at the head of the table in the halls of Winterfell would bring him even more satisfaction.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 05:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As for Littlefinger, I have a feeling that was his plan in the beginning, but he saw an opening and something even more primal than the urge for power cropped up.

I think that makes sense. Some people seem to think this was out of character because of his lust for new Kat. But they're forgetting he ran a brothel and doesn't actually appear all that interested in a roll in the hay, so keeping Sansa pure is probably not something that he cares about - it certainly didn't affect his desires for Kat.

Plus, when he rescues her again it might bring her closer (at least in his mind). He'll feign ignorance about Ramsay - not as if arranged marriages, and marriages to forge alliances, are out of the ordinary.

The only thing Littlefinger loves is possession, and women are possessions he'll readily trade for something more coveted. Sansa is merely something he wants - he's not capable of love.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 05:46 PM)eoxyod Wrote: To be fair, Tommen is very scared and has no idea what is really going on. It's not a hit on him, but just how he was raise and how Cersei is controlling him.

Danaerys is annoying the hell out of me. I just want to see Missandei naked and her and the unsullied dude live. Danaerys is continuously making bad decisions. As Tywin said, a ruler has to be wise, and she is not

Speaking from 3rd person here, Dany should've been lenient to Jorah, so that his true advice could guide her. Now she just has Darrio. The Dink and Varys I thought could help here immensely but we'll just have to wait and see if they both get there alive.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 05:46 PM)eoxyod Wrote: To be fair, Tommen is very scared and has no idea what is really going on. It's not a hit on him, but just how he was raise and how Cersei is controlling him.

He needs to start thinking with his Dick.

Quote:I just want to see Missandei naked...

[Image: missandei.jpg?w=604&h=337]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 05:26 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: He needs to start thinking with his Dick.

[Image: missandei.jpg?w=604&h=337]

well in the book hes like 7 (if that old)

And the way his mother raised him.... well his sister is in dorne
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 05:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well in the book hes like 7 (if that old)

And the way his mother raised him.... well his sister is in dorne

This is the show though. He is like 14.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 03:44 PM)MrRager Wrote: So I figure I'll start this back up.

Some notes from last night:

The Queen Mother seems to be in over her head. I bet shit goes down over this.

Sansa can't catch a break. I figured she would do something, but nah, just more terrible stuff.

The Sand Snakes suck. Terrible motivation and dialogue. Worst characters on the show. I swear to god if those blades were poisoned...

Tyrion funny as always. His tounge (and ****) save him once again.

The Arya stuff is cool as hell, but I hope we never truly see her lose her identity.

This is what I'm very curious about. If Bronn got cut with poison on the blade.

Wonder if Theon will snap out of it in this season or next. Heard the Battle of Winterfell is not happening this season.

Tyrion saving his ass was the best not to mention Jorah's reaction about his dad's death. Curious when Tyrion heard about it.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 06:01 PM)MrRager Wrote: This is the show though. He is like 14.
I was reading the wiki for him, and it said he was 18 in the show. I doubt that but yeah
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 09:34 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I was reading the wiki for him, and it said he was 18 in the show. I doubt that but yeah

lol, yea they play funny numbers with the ages in the show. The first actor looked to be maybe 8-10 over the two seasons.

The current actor was 15 when he got the role and is 17 now.

He also was Martyn Lannister in season 2 or 3.

[Image: Martyn_Lannister_HBO.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So the High Sparrow have way too much power now, obviously
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 02:27 AM)eoxyod Wrote: So the High Sparrow have way too much power now, obviously

took the Targs 100s of years to get the faith to lay down their swords.

and Ceresi Hands them right back
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 02:27 AM)eoxyod Wrote: So the High Sparrow have way too much power now, obviously
I'm having a hard time understanding how the sparrows have so much power. They simply have a bunch of guys in robes with clubs. I'm sure a reasonable number of soldiers or knights with swords could take care of them. If Tommen wants Maergery back, all he needs to do is send the King's guard after her.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 01:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: took the Targs 100s of years to get the faith to lay down their swords.

and Ceresi Hands them right back

"What if I told you there was a sinner in our very presence?"

"What, like right in front of me?"
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 04:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: I'm having a hard time understanding how the sparrows have so much power. They simply have a bunch of guys in robes with clubs. I'm sure a reasonable number of soldiers or knights with swords could take care of them. If Tommen wants Maergery back, all he needs to do is send the King's guard after her.

They have the support of a lot of the people though, and most people hate Cersei. When the weak but numerous realize they have power over the strong but few...
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 04:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: I'm having a hard time understanding how the sparrows have so much power. They simply have a bunch of guys in robes with clubs. I'm sure a reasonable number of soldiers or knights with swords could take care of them. If Tommen wants Maergery back, all he needs to do is send the King's guard after her.

The sparrows have so much power because Religion really can trump all.. We see it here in real life with the pope etc. and while the sparrows are just the normal joes the represent the faith. Already we see lords and knights leaving the households they serve to fight for the Rainbow knights? or whatever they were called... and the Seven.

All these Andals believe in the Seven. And its not the only religion vying for power in the realm right now either. In the mist of a War between the seven kingdoms many of the poor common folk lost everything and have only their faith to cling to... Thus why so many of those poor beggars where at the grand sept. They realized their lords would not or could not protect them so they turned to the faith and decided to protect themselves.

Its a very political movement... And mainly doing the course of events in a Feast for Crows where Ceresi makes one folly after another.

Also the Measters. themselves from my readings in the books have their own agenda. Which it seems is to maintain their power (knowledge) over the lords. And they are very intent on not seeing any dragons return.
Reply/Quote