Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances
If we pass a law stating folks can use whatever facility they want to; what do we do about the folks that are uncomfortable with sharing a facility with someone of the opposite sex? Tell them to wait until they get home? Overcome your discomfort and handle your business?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-16-2016, 07:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we pass a law stating folks can use whatever facility they want to; what do we do about the folks that are uncomfortable with sharing a facility with someone of the opposite sex? Tell them to wait until they get home? Overcome your discomfort and handle your business?

How does making it legal make it any different than what currently happens? Man dressed as a woman uses the restroom and nobody says anything. Suggest it's ok for that to happen and everybody flips out.
(04-16-2016, 07:35 PM)Benton Wrote: How does making it legal make it any different than what currently happens? Man dressed as a woman uses the restroom and nobody says anything. Suggest it's ok for that to happen and everybody flips out.

Why does everybody answer a question with a question?

But to answer yours: Many think laws are there to protect them and when you pass a law stating that males can legally use the women's facility many (most likely more than 3 in 1000) will think a barrier of protection has been taken down. But to suggest is should not be legal for a male to use the women's facility and "everybody flips out". 

(04-16-2016, 07:35 PM)Benton Wrote: How does making it legal make it any different than what currently happens? Man dressed as a woman uses the restroom and nobody says anything. Suggest it's ok for that to happen and everybody flips out.

Because everyone will be looking and judging one another to evaluate whether they are "genuine".

I really worry for peoples safety, since this has became a hot button issue.
(04-16-2016, 07:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we pass a law stating folks can use whatever facility they want to; what do we do about the folks that are uncomfortable with sharing a facility with someone of the opposite sex? Tell them to wait until they get home? Overcome your discomfort and handle your business?

Tell them that is anyone acts in a lewd or lascivious manner then they are protected.  Otherwise they will never know so here is no reason for them to feel uncomfortable.

Basically the same thing we tell people who feel uncomfortable using the bathroom with a homosexual.
(04-16-2016, 07:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But to answer yours: Many think laws are there to protect them and when you pass a law stating that males can legally use the women's facility many (most likely more than 3 in 1000) will think a barrier of protection has been taken down. 

I can't help it if these people are ignorant of the law.

No "barrier of protection" has been removed.
(04-16-2016, 08:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tell them that is anyone acts in a lewd or lascivious manner then they are protected.  Otherwise they will never know so here is no reason for them to feel uncomfortable.

Basically the same thing we tell people who feel uncomfortable using the bathroom with a homosexual.

So just tell them that's the way it is; we don't need any additional laws to make you feel more comfortable? Sounds like a great idea. I am unaware of anyone suggesting homosexuals should not use the facility that matches their sex or that anyone feels uncomfortable doing so. 

I will give you credit for providing an answer instead of just asking another question. 

BTW, is there any story behind your sig?

(04-16-2016, 08:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't help it if these people are ignorant of the law.

No "barrier of protection" has been removed.

So you are saying the laws trump feelings?

Are there currently no laws in place that protects the transgender from acts that are lewd or lascivious when they use a facility compatible with their sex and if so are they just being ignorant of the law?

(04-16-2016, 07:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why does everybody answer a question with a question?

But to answer yours: Many think laws are there to protect them and when you pass a law stating that males can legally use the women's facility many (most likely more than 3 in 1000) will think a barrier of protection has been taken down. But to suggest is should not be legal for a male to use the women's facility and "everybody flips out". 

Most times it is for clarity to the question posed.  Sometimes it is to propose an alternative way of looking at the original question.

Sometimes it is a snarky, passive-aggressive way of making no point.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-16-2016, 01:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Boss will always be relevant as long as there are loudmouthed rednecks completely missing the point of "Born in the USA!"

[Image: ronald-reagan-1.jpg?w=640]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-16-2016, 02:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: BECAUSE THE SUPPOSED DISCRIMINATION IS PART OF THEIR RELIGIOUS  BELIEFS

Why is it discrimination when a baker is willing  to serve gays except for when it comes to gay marriages but it's not discrimination when Springsteen is willing to serve N. Carolinans except when it comes to their religious beliefs (in the form of supposed discrimination)?

Answer these questions or STFU.

Jesus never said anything about transgendered people and bathrooms, nor did he mention gays or transgenered people at all, so why you insist on acting like this law is an essential part of being a Christian is beyond me.

Honestly, if Christians want to be able to discriminate on this topic with a religious backing they are going to need to follow someone other than that wimpy "live and let live" Jesus fellow.
(04-16-2016, 11:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: Most times it is for clarity to the question posed.  Sometimes it is to propose an alternative way of looking at the original question.

Sometimes it is a snarky, passive-aggressive way of making no point.   Mellow

I think it is because most of the times they don't want to give a straight answer to  the question posed; but you can go with the "to clarify" stance if you want. 

(04-16-2016, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: BTW, is there any story behind your sig?

Susan Lucie was good enough to get nominated for an Emmy for 18 years but did not win one until year 19.

There is always hope.
(04-16-2016, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are there currently no laws in place that protects the transgender from acts that are lewd or lascivious when they use a facility compatible with their sex and if so are they just being ignorant of the law?

Often the issue they have to deal with is more about embarrassment and/or levels or persecution that are not illegal.
(04-17-2016, 08:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Often the issue they have to deal with is more about embarrassment and/or levels or persecution that are not illegal.

So not feeling comfortable in the facility?

(04-17-2016, 04:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So not feeling comfortable in the facility?

First of all anyone who feels uncomfortable in a public restroom just because some one there "might" be a transgender has issues.  I am sure that same person is already uncomfortable at the thought of a homosexual in the same restroom.

But the persecution of transgenders goes far beyond "feeling uncomfortable".  They are a small minority that has been bullied, ostracized, and even physically abused by people who do not accept them.  That is something you will never understand.
(04-17-2016, 04:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote:
First of all anyone who feels uncomfortable in a public restroom just because some one there "might" be a transgender has issues
.  I am sure that same person is already uncomfortable at the thought of a homosexual in the same restroom.

But the persecution of transgenders goes far beyond "feeling uncomfortable".  They are a small minority that has been bullied, ostracized, and even physically abused by people who do not accept them.  That is something you will never understand.

So, you're now qualified to diagnose people's psychological condition?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(04-17-2016, 04:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, you're now qualified to diagnose people's psychological condition?

Yes.

Anyone who is afraid of a public restroom because there might be a transgender person in there has issues.  What possible damage could happen from using the same restroom as a transgender person?  I don't know about you, but I am able to use a restroom without showing my junk to anyone. 

Don't you agree that people who are uncomfortable for no reason at all have issues?
(04-17-2016, 04:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all anyone who feels uncomfortable in a public restroom just because some one there "might" be a transgender has issues.  I am sure that same person is already uncomfortable at the thought of a homosexual in the same restroom.

It is a shame you are so uncaring about folks that might have "issues". I would suggest that someone born as a male, but identifies as a woman might have "issues", but we got to make laws to make them more comfortable; right? I am unaware of any rampant abuse of transgenders in public facilities currently and if so I'm sure there are laws currently in place to protect them against physical abuse. Do you think perhaps they are ignorant of these laws? 

(04-17-2016, 04:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.

Anyone who is afraid of a public restroom because there might be a transgender person in there has issues.  What possible damage could happen from using the same restroom as a transgender person?  I don't know about you, but I am able to use a restroom without showing my junk to anyone. 

Don't you agree that people who are uncomfortable for no reason at all have issues?

So callus toward folks with issues. It is a shame