Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers Continue To Be Shitty At Drafting
(04-29-2016, 10:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...is that a "yes" vote for punter, from you?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Remember that time when even the Steelers knew they were on the decline?

Someone should cancel his internet.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:14 AM)Griever Wrote: are grades something meaningful now?

they are just like preseason power rankings

We all remember how the Ravens were #1 last year  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 05:31 PM)Beaker Wrote: Um, didnt decastro miss like 10 games in his rookie season after gilbert rolled up on him in the 3rd preseason game? If your measuring stick is how many games they started in their rookie year then decsastro is a strikeout too.

Then he came back the next year to put their all pro center in IR.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Artie Burns always getting burned... Im pretty sure your secondary actually ended up getting worse in this draft.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:43 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Well if he's a miss, then Cedric Ogbuehi is a complete strikeout. 

At least Dupree played in every single game last year including starting 5 of the last 6. Ogbuehi starts = 0

Our offensive line was actually good enough that we didn't need our first round draft pick to start.. That's a bad thing?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 11:56 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Artie Burns always getting burned... Im pretty sure your secondary actually ended up getting worse in this draft.

you could put crash test dummies in the secondary, and they would do a better job than what the secondary did last year
People suck
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 01:36 PM)Griever Wrote: you could put crash test dummies in the secondary, and they would do a better job than what the secondary did last year

I'm pretty sure Blake led the league in both total number of targets and worst 'completions given up over times targeted' percentage in the league by wide margins. And I'm surprise he wasn't targeted even more. Every player we took in the draft this year would be a more effective starting corner than Blake.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
they should have started dude we traded for from philly....
People suck
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 04:09 PM)Griever Wrote: they should have started dude we traded for from philly....

I think he went in for 1.5 games after Blake got burned all first half the first Bengals game. Secondary improved remarkably, and then Blake was giving his starting job back for no reason and Boykin wasn't allowed to leave the bench. I'm still wondering what kind of behind the scenes stuff played into the use - or lack of- of Boykin.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 01:36 PM)Griever Wrote: you could put crash test dummies in the secondary, and they would do a better job than what the secondary did last year

Doesn't this just solidify his intimation that Artie burns isn't very good?

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What's that's supposed to be?   Draft value?  

Tomlin has missed on 1st round picks Jarvis Jones, Dupree, Mendenhall, Hood...    In that same set of years cincy's bad 1st round picks were Gresham and Rivers.   And we ended up trading rivers to take Marvin Jones or Iloka (can't remember which)

Not posting this to slam:   But the steelers and Ravens used to be a lot better at drafting than they have been lately.    For Pitt the inconsistencies started when Tomlin was hired.    Probably why he is moving the defense to a 4-3.    I do think the Ravens have been even worse than Pitt.

Don't know about Dupree, imo he looked alright for his rookie year. I may be Lil bias as im a UK fan. To be honest i was hoping  we got Dupree. I think he will have a decent career. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 05:25 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I think he went in for 1.5 games after Blake got burned all first half the first Bengals game. Secondary improved remarkably, and then Blake was giving his starting job back for no reason and Boykin wasn't allowed to leave the bench. I'm still wondering what kind of behind the scenes stuff played into the use - or lack of- of Boykin.

i think it had to with they didnt want to give up a 4th rounder that was based on his playing time...they played him just enough to only lose a 5th
People suck
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 06:08 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Doesn't this just solidify his intimation that Artie burns isn't very good?

not really because any corner we got would have made our secondary better
People suck
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 11:00 AM)Griever Wrote: i think it had to with they didnt want to give up a 4th rounder that was based on his playing time...they played him just enough to only lose a 5th

That's a good reason to wait a while to play him, as opposed to starting him right away when he isn't yet comfortable to start, but it went beyond just limiting him at first. Yeah, that could very well be the reasoning, but continuing to field the worst secondary in the league as we push to make the playoffs isn't worth keeping a 4th round pick over a 5th round pick.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 02:03 PM)6andcounting Wrote: That's a good reason to wait a while to play him, as opposed to starting him right away when he isn't yet comfortable to start, but it went beyond just limiting him at first. Yeah, that could very well be the reasoning, but continuing to field the worst secondary in the league as we push to make the playoffs isn't worth keeping a 4th round pick over a 5th round pick.

nope, and you could tell the difference with him in and when he wasnt

im sure there might have been more to the situation, but thats mostly what i had heard
People suck
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 05:24 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Ah, yes Bud Dupree is a starter. Started 5 of the last 6 regular season games plus both postseason games. So that's 7 of 8. 

And Ogbuehi is a starter or is penciled in to start next year? Didn't start at all last year and isn't even listed on the Bengals most recent (end of last season) depth chart. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/cin

Sorry forgot about this thread and our chat.     I wouldn't put much stock into the ESPN depth chart.    Carlos Dunlap started for 2 years before marvin listed him as a starter on the official depth chart.    

As for Dupree we will see, but he has yet to splash.    OL will be easier to make a quick impact than Dupree admittedly.    As a steeler fan do you think Dupree will be a big difference maker?   Or just be an LB that flashes every once in a while.     Giving OL guys a year to break you down can't help him.    
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 02:03 PM)6andcounting Wrote: That's a good reason to wait a while to play him, as opposed to starting him right away when he isn't yet comfortable to start, but it went beyond just limiting him at first. Yeah, that could very well be the reasoning, but continuing to field the worst secondary in the league as we push to make the playoffs isn't worth keeping a 4th round pick over a 5th round pick.

We used to have this same issue.   When we drafted Leon Hall and JJo both had to play.    Now we can ease a guy in there and not live with the constant screw ups rookies make.   And in the mid to late first you don't get untouchable corners right out of the box. 

What you guys have going is that the Tampa 2 corners are Easier to find because it's a simple skill.    Where the issue comes is when your guys get put into man coverage.    The bigger issue is the safety play in tomlin's system.   You need ball skills, which is why they are trying to put the Maryland corner into a safety.  
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000660210/article/steelers-release-offensive-lineman-mike-adams

2012 2nd round pick released. Yet another reach by Tomlin. You guys drafted better under Cowher. It's amazing how well the drafts were with him vs Tomlin.

Btw I know this is smack but I'm Not posting this to get into a pissing match. Just surprises me the difference between Cowher and Tomlin when it came to drafting. Is it a player selection or player development issue?
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 02:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000660210/article/steelers-release-offensive-lineman-mike-adams

2012 2nd round pick released.    Yet another reach by Tomlin.    You guys drafted better under Cowher.   It's amazing how well the drafts were with him vs Tomlin.

Btw I know this is smack but I'm Not posting this to get into a pissing match.   Just surprises me the difference between Cowher and Tomlin when it came to drafting.   Is it a player selection or player development issue?

But if this were a pissing match, their streams would look not unlike that of old men with enlarged prostates next to your stream right now.

Reply/Quote