Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Harambe - a Cincy zoo gorilla
(06-01-2016, 10:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can tell you the most important stat. All the times i took my kids to the zoo (at least 10 times), when they were young, they never fell in. 

That doesn't mean they couldn't have at any given moment. 

So, moral of the story...make sure if/when you have kids, there isn't ever an instant when you don't have your full attention on them and they end up on the national news, making you look like a shitty parent. Then others can stand in judgement of you. ThumbsUp

Thank you for that modicum of parenting. Did it seem like a lot to ask when you brought them back to the safety of your home?  I would hope not. 

And to be clear, there would never be a life threatening situation where my children wouldn't have my full attention.  They wouldn't find themselves in that situation.  If someone threw them into that enclosure I would be down there before he hit the ground.  The gorilla would have to kill me first.  But MY child would NEVER wander into that situation. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:33 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: But MY child would NEVER wander into that situation. 

I bet you every penny in the world that the mother of the child that did fall in would have said the exact same thing 10 minutes before he did. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 05:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: This game was an unmitigated disaster. They STILL let the Steelers get in their heads and play undisciplined and weak minded football against them.

And depending on what the doctors say postgame this may have been the season also.

(06-01-2016, 10:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can tell you the most important stat. All the times i took my kids to the zoo (at least 10 times), when they were young, they never fell in. 

So, moral of the story...make sure if/when you have kids, there isn't ever an instant when you don't have your full attention on them and they end up on the national news, making you look like a shitty parent. Then others can stand in judgement of you. ThumbsUp

Absolutely. I can't imagine how many times I turned my back when my children were young, then completely lost track of them. My Aunt and Uncle weren't so lucky. We lost our cousin back in the early eighties when they were setting up a tent. That turned their back for just a few seconds, my young cousin walked off during that time, and drowned. Those little toddlers move at a rapid pace.
Reply/Quote
Not sure why that Joelist text was quoted...
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well hopefully if you have a loved one where they are some random person to someone else ....  I hope that person isn't like you and chooses their dog over your loved one.  

Yes we go to the zoo.   We are members of the Miami zoo.  We also have to watch our little one very closely.   
My adult loved ones put themselves in that situation . That stranger's dog didn't. At any rate, I don't think that is a perfect analogy of what happened at the zoo. I actually don't disagree that the child's life didn't need saving. I can only guess how surreal that situation was to every person who saw it happen. Something had to be done, and drastic measures were taken. Hell the kid could have been hit by a bullet. That mother is to blame for it happening. Period. If anything is bring our society down, it's bad parenting. It sure as hell ain't people's love for animals. Not just any animal, but an animal that the Creator made very much like ourselves.

You posted earlier that that it is a crime to confine an animal like that. It is in a way . It's complex though. The mountain gorilla is endangered... yada yada. The real crime is that kid falling umteen feet into a gorilla cage. Millions of other kids have not. It's happened before though. The gorilla cradled the injured child.

The mom sucks....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I bet you every penny in the world that the mother of the child that did fall in would have said the exact same thing 10 minutes before he did. 

I bet a lot of pennies that mother was dicking around on her phone 10 minutes prior.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

When gorillas are around, I don't take my eyes off my child. This isn't a bike wreck we are discussing here.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
[Image: 13344537_10153550748821674_6931778028625...e=57C6E2A3]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 13315497_1078058132269701_40939973047098...e=57D77BDC]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 13339487_10154267615339726_8046171451992...e=57DF8CB0]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 13339487_10154267615339726_8046171451992...e=57DF8CB0]

If My Kid Gets Yoked Up By a Gorilla in Ohio. Written by Jason.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:54 PM)jason Wrote: I bet a lot of pennies that mother was dicking around on her phone 10 minutes prior.

She could have been. When the facts come out, all the accusations may be correct. 

If they're not, then a more than a few will look like judgmental dickheads, though it won't matter cause next time there's a situation, those people will be right back on their soapbox with their dunce caps firmly in place. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:56 PM)jason Wrote: When gorillas are around, I don't take my eyes off my child. This isn't a bike wreck we are discussing here.

So when you go to the zoo, or anywhere else that poses a potential danger, you never get to enjoy the surroundings?

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 11:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So when you go to the zoo, or anywhere else that poses a potential danger, you never get to enjoy the surroundings?

I enjoy them with my daughter. So yes.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 11:10 PM)jason Wrote: I enjoy them with my daughter. So yes.

I'm glad you do. And it's good to see that you are so attentive. But i'd have a hard time believing you or anyone else has never had an instant that your kid(s) were out of your sight for a period of time and able to be in some sort of danger. Very fortunate for you and others that nothing happened in that time. 

Reply/Quote
[Image: 13335592_10204754196853656_6197657845678...e=57D8E083]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
RIP Hombre or whatever. Thoughts and prayers go out to his females. God bless that kid. Hopefully his life will get better. Keep an eye on your kids or a silverback may get them.... in Ohio.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I bet you every penny in the world that the mother of the child that did fall in would have said the exact same thing 10 minutes before he did. 

Maybe should have been thinking about it while she was in the enclosure.  Society is not responsible for these  numbnut kids. Not for a moment not for 10 minutes in between remembering you have a god damned kid and you're in a gorilla exhibit.  This is not the 1800's.  You can no longer expect the village to read your mistakes.  Get a stroller and some seatbelts.  Maybe don't have the 4th one in the first place if you can't keep track of it. 

(06-01-2016, 11:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: She could have been. When the facts come out, all the accusations may be correct. 

If they're not, then a more than a few will look like judgmental dickheads, though it won't matter cause next time there's a situation, those people will be right back on their soapbox with their dunce caps firmly in place. 

What facts are we waiting on?  Was she all of a sudden immobilized?  Did she have a ducking g stroke?  No. She was oblivious to her reproductive impact on humanity and her offspring.  Are you blaming the child?   The child should have known better?  Whose fault is that?  Societies for not being considerate of those who wish to have so many children they cannot be held responsible?  It's one or the other.  Kid or parent.  Pick a side. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 11:58 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Maybe should have been thinking about it while she was in the enclosure.  Society is not responsible for these  numbnut kids. Not for a moment not for 10 minutes in between remembering you have a god damned kid and you're in a gorilla exhibit.  This is not the 1800's.  You can no longer expect the village to read your mistakes.  Get a stroller and some seatbelts.  Maybe don't have the 4th one in the first place if you can't keep track of it. 

What facts are we waiting on?  Was she all of a sudden immobilized?  Did she have a ducking g stroke?  No. She was oblivious to her reproductive impact on humanity and her offspring.  Are you blaming the child?   The child should have known better?  Whose fault is that?  Societies for not being considerate of those who wish to have so many children they cannot be held responsible?  It's one or the other.  Kid or parent.  Pick a side. 

I've already picked a side. It doesn't have to be kid or parent. I chose the side of adults that doesn't jump to conclusions to show how great of a parent or how smart of a person they are by displaying their misguided moral outrage before they know how the kid made it beyond the barrier. 

She could have been negligent. I don't presume to know either way. My commentary is on the idiots that do. 

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 12:15 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've already picked a side. It doesn't have to be kid or parent. I chose the side of adults that doesn't jump to conclusions to show how great of a parent or how smart of a person they are by displaying their misguided moral outrage before they know how the kid made it beyond the barrier. 

She could have been negligent. I don't presume to know either way. My commentary is on the idiots that do. 

So it's nobody's fault.  Maybe the gorilla?  

No one is jump g to conclusions.  The kid got into the enclosure. It didn't happen in a 'second' as has been prized here, it happened across a multitude of seconds, probably a minute plus.  There are reports saying the kid was talking about going down there.  There are no reports of the gorilla grabbing the child and pulling him down into his enclosure. 

Apparently asking parents to be responsible for their toddlers is 'morally misguided'.  My 'outrage' (a gross mischaracterization itself) is based on facts known at this time. Admitted by the mother.  Conveyed by onlookers.  My commentary is on those who defend this sort of parental ineptness in an attempt to soothe their own rearing inadequacy . 

If the gorilla is found to be at fault I will make a $1000 contribution to the charity of your choice. 
Reply/Quote