Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
(06-06-2016, 05:47 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Seems Jaime in the books may be further down the righteous (not meaning religiously) path than he has been in the show.

I have a feeling not only is Brienne going to convince Blackfish to surrender and help Jon, but somehow Jaime's oath to Catelyn Stark is going to factor in - not an accident that Blackfish mentioned it.  Just not sure how Jaime delegating that oath to Brienne works.

Anyway, I think Brienne comes away with BOTH armies coming to aid Jon....after Lady Stoneheart (looks like she's coming!) dispatches the Freye's.  Of course, she isn't going to be real happy to see Jaime, either.

Yeah the show is showing events out of order.      or at least out of order from the books...   At the point Jaime is in riverrun...  (which he ends the siege without lifting a sword against the tullies..)  **When he arrives he finds the freys outside riverrun with edmure standing with his head in a noose....*** he resolves it pretty quickly actually.   is the same point Ceresi is in the dungeons of the High sparrow pleading for his help...   And he simply throws her letter away no longer in love with his sister after having a long talk with Lancel.....

Jaime has kept his oath to Lady Stark he hasn't lifted a sword against stark or tully...  he couldn't send the daughters back  (because they didn't have both) or both might have been gone by time he returned in the books....  and he had brienne working on finding the stark girls.

Didn't understand the needless slaughter of summer though.  that leaves only 2 wolfs left and one we haven't had mention of in a long time...
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 06:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Jaime has kept his oath to Lady Stark he hasn't lifted a sword against stark or tully...  he couldn't send the daughters back  (because they didn't have both) or both might have been gone by time he returned in the books....  and he had brienne working on finding the stark girls.

But doesn't she want to slaughter ALL Freys and Lannisters?  I think the Red Wedding may change how she reacts to Jaime.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 03:57 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Couple other things from last nights episode.

First is that Sir Davos is showing off his worth to Jon and Sansa. Granted getting only 62 men from the little Lady Mormont wasnt a lot, but he was the only one of the three to convince her to join. And I was surprised he didnt have a chance to help convince the one norther house that refused.

Secondly Bronn is great, wish there was more of him. The part where Jaime was about to say "a Lannister always..." to him, and he cut him off with "Dont you say it, don't you ****ing say it." and then rode off was classic. That was truly some great GoT humor there lol.

I think Jon missed a chance to open a door with the second northern house. When the guy asked, "How many men have you got?" (or something like that), Jon told him. But Jon should have added, "If we have more men, would you reconsider?", and left the door open for recruiting him later IMO. 
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 05:47 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Seems Jaime in the books may be further down the righteous (not meaning religiously) path than he has been in the show.

I have a feeling not only is Brienne going to convince Blackfish to surrender and help Jon, but somehow Jaime's oath to Catelyn Stark is going to factor in - not an accident that Blackfish mentioned it.  Just not sure how Jaime delegating that oath to Brienne works.

Anyway, I think Brienne comes away with BOTH armies coming to aid Jon....after Lady Stoneheart (looks like she's coming!) dispatches the Freye's.  Of course, she isn't going to be real happy to see Jaime, either.

I think Sansa ends up with both armies as well. And before they leave Riverrun, I see Jamie standing aside and letting the Tullys waste the Freys that are there. 
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 03:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ive been thinking about Dannys Army.... coming to westros...     now the unsullied and second suns might fair okay.   But the dothraki in the snow?       but time danny arrives winter should be full swing especially in the north if not a lot futher south.

so how effective will dannys army be freezing in the fields.  So far they are still contained above the Wall...

But remember back in season 1 what they though mance was looking for? a Horn that could bring down the wall?    Might it be the horn Euron found that he thinks controls dragons?   I think if the night king had it then he would have used it unless he needs to deal with the 3 eyed raven (bran) before proceeding south....

I'm wondering why Dany would be persuaded to go to the North. I see her heading straight for King's Landing and the throne. Obviously, she is going to head North eventually (so that her and Jon can defeat the White Walkers and have incestuous Targaryon sex and make little fire and ice babies). I dunno. Maybe they go to the Iron Islands first to fulfill the agreement with Theon's sister (and that is where the horn is blown, which breaks down the wall). 
Reply/Quote
Maybe it wasn't really Arya who got stabbed by the waif. After all Arya learned while in training, would she be standing alone on a bridge, without her sword, not paying attention to her surroundings? If so, she didnt learn much. Maybe the Arya that got stabbed was J'qen Hygar testing the waif. Remember he ordered her not to let Arya suffer. Then the waif goes and stabs her in the stomach and twists the knife. Maybe it will be J'qen and now that he knows the waif wanted to make Arya suffer, he will kill the waif instead.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 09:32 PM)Beaker Wrote: Maybe it wasn't really Arya who got stabbed by the waif. After all Arya learned while in training, would she be standing alone on a bridge, without her sword, not paying attention to her surroundings? If so, she didnt learn much. Maybe the Arya that got stabbed was J'qen Hygar testing the waif. Remember he ordered her not to let Arya suffer. Then the waif goes and stabs her in the stomach and twists the knife. Maybe it will be J'qen and now that he knows the waif wanted to make Arya suffer, he will kill the waif instead.
That's a good point. I had not thought of that. 

She would have known that they were looking for her. Going straight out in the open to the docks and plopping big bags of money around would be just asking for them to find her. And Arya is not stupid. 
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 07:34 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm wondering why Dany would be persuaded to go to the North. I see her heading straight for King's Landing and the throne. Obviously, she is going to head North eventually (so that her and Jon can defeat the White Walkers and have incestuous Targaryon sex and make little fire and ice babies). I dunno. Maybe they go to the Iron Islands first to fulfill the agreement with Theon's sister (and that is where the horn is blown, which breaks down the wall). 

until doran got killed I was expecting them to land in dorne with dornish support....  (they were wed to the targs and had more marriage pacts  One for Viserys)     
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 04:03 PM)Beaker Wrote: I was close to getting that one right. Only It wasn't Theon's idea.

Amending the Jaime/Brienne prediction: Maybe Brienne shows up and convinces Jaime to let her try to talk to the Blackfish to get him to surrender. She goes inside and informs the Blackfish of Jon/Sansa's predicament. Since Jaime already offered to let the Blackfish's men live if he surrenders, the Blackfish surrenders to Jaime, who takes him prisoner, while the Tully army march north to help Sansa. Or the Blackfish sacrifices himself and a small force occupying Jaime while the bulk of his army slips north to help Sansa.

blackfish escapes in the night by swimming under the gate...   and off to find holland reed....  or at least what he should be doing.  Though Breinne could still leave with the tully men at that point
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 02:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Since this is not addressed in the spoilers I read, I'll say my thoughts:

Is Sansa going to write to the other houses and declare Jon a legitimized Stark and the new King in the North?

My money is on that she is writing either the Blackfish or Littlefinger.

Littlefinger is the more likely, as Brienne is already riding for Riverrun. Blackfish's people go up north to meet up and the Knights of the Vale as well. Then some other smaller houses will join the bolstered Snow/Stark/Wildling army.
Reply/Quote
Finally caught up.... and believe that was definitely arya.

She got cocky and that doesn't bold well in GRRMartins world.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 07:34 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm wondering why Dany would be persuaded to go to the North. I see her heading straight for King's Landing and the throne. Obviously, she is going to head North eventually (so that her and Jon can defeat the White Walkers and have incestuous Targaryon sex and make little fire and ice babies). I dunno. Maybe they go to the Iron Islands first to fulfill the agreement with Theon's sister (and that is where the horn is blown, which breaks down the wall). 

Well before taking the throne she has to get supporters....  I know she has an army but she cant just come in with a foreign army and start slaughtering people and expect them to bend to her rule.

Or even if she takes the throne she wont hold it long
Reply/Quote
I think it was Arya, but not because she got cocky. I think because her training was not complete (the Waif kept saying she wasn't ready).

And, I actually think that was part of her training (Joqen assumes she will survive, or fight her way out). Joqen, IMO, is clearly not done with her.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 02:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well before taking the throne she has to get supporters....  I know she has an army but she cant just come in with a foreign army and start slaughtering people and expect them to bend to her rule.

But she has dragons. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 09:32 PM)Beaker Wrote: Maybe it wasn't really Arya who got stabbed by the waif. After all Arya learned while in training, would she be standing alone on a bridge, without her sword, not paying attention to her surroundings? If so, she didnt learn much. Maybe the Arya that got stabbed was J'qen Hygar testing the waif. Remember he ordered her not to let Arya suffer. Then the waif goes and stabs her in the stomach and twists the knife. Maybe it will be J'qen and now that he knows the waif wanted to make Arya suffer, he will kill the waif instead.

I can agree with the last part about the waif getting killed. But I think it was actually Arya that got stabbed because doesn't one have to die first to have their face removed to do the face trick? And also Jgen is bigger too, I dont think they can change body mass can he? 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 04:06 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I can agree with the last part about the waif getting killed. But I think it was actually Arya that got stabbed because doesn't one have to die first to have their face removed to do the face trick? And also Jgen is bigger too, I dont think they can change body mass can he? 

Yeah probly not Jgen himself. but  a slightly different stance and twist of the face and a man is a different man

Diffenately looked like arya that got stabbed.   But where she get the gold?   

as far as the face thing I would think you would have to have for face skinned first but the one arya poisoned ended up having her face(or very similar) I thought before she went blind it was the last one she saw.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 02:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well before taking the throne she has to get supporters....  I know she has an army but she cant just come in with a foreign army and start slaughtering people and expect them to bend to her rule.

Do what the first Targaryens in Westeros did...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 04:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Do what the first Targaryens in Westeros did...

force them to each bend a knee...   first targs didn't have much of an army but much much bigger dragons.

Danny arriving in winter with an army against a war torn kingdom is good timing. Most will be tried of war...   Hopefully her advisors take her down the right path.

I kinda wanna see this whole thing end with Jon snow king of the north (yes still king of the north) and danny the queen of the south.

instead of jon on the iron throne.     Starks don't fair well south of the neck
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 02:58 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I think it was Arya, but not because she got cocky.  I think because her training was not complete (the Waif kept saying she wasn't ready).

And, I actually think that was part of her training (Joqen assumes she will survive, or fight her way out).  Joqen, IMO, is clearly not done with her.

there for a long time I figured Jogen was also Siro  And a character from the books not yet mentioned as its in oldtown...

The Alchemist.  (who had a similar description to joqen before he changed his face the first time to us)

But you think a more figurative death like the hounds?
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 04:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah probly not Jgen himself. but  a slightly different stance and twist of the face and a man is a different man

Diffenately looked like arya that got stabbed.   But where she get the gold?   

as far as the face thing I would think you would have to have for face skinned first but the one arya poisoned ended up having her face(or very similar) I thought before she went blind it was the last one she saw.

Remember J'Qen showed Arya that body where she kept peeling off the faces? Remember the last face was hers? I don't think you have to be dead for them to use your face.

Where did she get the coins? She took them off the Hound when she left him. She hid the bag of coins along with Needle in the rock wall.
Reply/Quote