Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD***
(04-28-2018, 01:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm saying that right now, today, it's a toss up, and it's kinda silly there's so much angst over a minute difference between the two.

Read my last post for my thoughts on Elliott's season.

Randy attempted 5 fewer 50+ yarders, but he hit at a higher % on both FG's and XP's. He was reliable on the "gimme's"...something you can't say about Elliott. He showed he has enough range on the 51 yarder that he absolutely drilled.

His long term stats tell me what I need to know. The percentages from 40-50+ over the last 5 years are very telling. I want a guy that can be consistent from anywhere. Which is why I’d be perfectly fine with a kicker late 5th. Or in the 7th.

Reply/Quote
This is hands down the worst NFL draft coverage I've ever seen. ESPN like 5 picks behind from the actual pick. Bringing in former players who can't pronounce the name Harold. Overall I can't say I have enjoyed watching this. Usually I'm wire to wire watching the coverage.
Reply/Quote
What I love seeing each year is how completely off Mel Kyper is. What we don’t see is his agenda to get people drafted etc. I love when none of his top 10 get taken.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I liked that little mention of Hubbard during tbe Holmes pick.

Hubbard was the one with the car. And liked to get to meeting 2 hours early.

Wont hear me complaining about guys being dedicated and doing the right thing
Reply/Quote
Browns just got their Gordon replacement lol

Reply/Quote
Ok Denver, That was just weird.
Reply/Quote
Callaway and Gordon in the same room. So much weed in Cleveland.

Reply/Quote
Get your shit together JETS!
Reply/Quote
Well that sucked poor kid in the hospital didn't get to make the Jets pick because connection issue.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Are Bengals going for Mo Hurst? Is he dropping due to a heart condition?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 01:28 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Are Bengals going for Mo Hurst? Is he dropping due to a heart condition?

He is and I don’t think you can take him unless you absolutely know he will be ok. And I’m not sure how that’s possible.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 01:28 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Are Bengals going for Mo Hurst? Is he dropping due to a heart condition?

1.) I don't know 2.) Yes
Reply/Quote

What about Crosby?
Reply/Quote
Giants go QB.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 01:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well that sucked poor kid in the hospital didn't get to make the Jets pick because connection issue.

I don’t understand why they couldn’t just give the hospital an actual camera so he could make the pick.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Well we’re probably not taking a QB now. Oh well.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 01:28 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: He is and I don’t think you can take him unless you absolutely know he will be ok. And I’m not sure how that’s possible.

I heard them say the other day he was off of everyone's board....
Reply/Quote
If Hurst is still in the sixth, Bengals should take a flyer on him.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 01:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  may have happened which would have been a great outcome for Randy and a great outcome for us to as we would still have the better kicker long term and cheaper too.

But does Randy kick 60 yard field goals to win games for the Eagles helping them win games and win division? I say no way.

"Better kicker long term" is debatable and still to be determined. You could make an argument for either one right now, based on results. Bullock is only 28 years old and could easily kick for 8 more years or so, so I don't see a big difference in longevity. Bullock is only 300k more expensive right now, and I don't see Bullock making more than a couple million per on his next deal (average vet kicker money).

I just don't see much difference between the two. If Elliott didn't have the issue with missing chip shots - and Bullock was actually missing FG's - I'd understand the grief. But Elliott does have that deficiency and Bullock is hitting FG's at a great rate. 

As for the Eagles, they routinely blew teams out last year. The only game that Elliott "won" for them was vs the Giants, when Elliott hit the 61 yarder. I assume this is what you're referring to. But the Eagles wouldn't have needed the heroics if Elliott hadn't missed the 52 yarder in the 3rd quarter. 

Elliott missed 8 kicks in 15 games last year, but none of it mattered. The Eagles would've taken almost any kicker on that ride.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 01:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I heard them say the other day he was off of everyone's board....

Fisher & Hurst on the Bengals wouldn't make sense. One player with heart issues is more than enough.
Reply/Quote