Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD***
The report says there is mixed opinions about this guy. They say he has a Pro Bowl first step but I'd rather have Tim settle
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is a good pick. Guy has first round physical traits but not very mentally strong. Struggled with "tough" coaching.

Played everywhere on Virginia's line. Very versatile and kept getting better every game. I really like this pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 03:46 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Sure.  You just missed out on all the fun out here.

Maybe if I get a free week, I could read the 115 pages to get a sense of the fun.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 03:48 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I absolutely think they’re over-estimating the OL they have in-house. At least one of these last 2 picks should have been OL.

Maybe they think they can get jones at their next pick?

Reply/Quote
Now just have to hope Jimarco Jones is there at 170 i  guess.

Pollack must really like Fisher and what we have at Guard, i trust the man.

Would really like Okoronkwo if he is still there... or settle for Settle lol
Reply/Quote
What does our line look like now? I’m not nearly caught up with the nfl in the last 3 or 4 years.

Former Bills LT, 4th round UGA Guard we drafted a while ago, this years 1st round Center, do we still have that Arkansas G?, Then all the other disappointments fight for RT?
Reply/Quote
From PFF

The Bengals select Virginia's Andrew Brown, who ranked 28th in pass-rush productivity among draft-eligible interior defenders in 2017 (7.6)
Reply/Quote
Bill Lazor must have pissed somebody off.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 03:49 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Maybe they think they can get jones at their next pick?

Sure hope so
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I had a feeling that the Bengals feel they can address RT with what they have plus with Pollack as the new coach, also trade for Glenn was a signal that they were not happy with this draft for tackles... I feel Fisher with the right coaching can still be a productive tackle and from the Bengals stand point picking up Hart gives them some depth and experience and with a change in moving from a bad situation in NY and with Pollack , he can get better
Reply/Quote
We got Glenn, Price and 5th Round pick Brown for moving down in 1st round

Not too shabby
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
TBH im not really surprised that they haven't drafted a guard. I'm willing to bet Pollack is impressed with either Westerman or Redmond. Im more surprised about not bringing in a tackle for competition.

Although this tackle class is really bad.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 03:48 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: This is a good pick. Guy has first round physical traits but not very mentally strong. Struggled with "tough" coaching.

Played everywhere on Virginia's line. Very versatile and kept getting better every game. I really like this pick.

Sounds like Devon Still.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 03:48 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I absolutely think they’re over-estimating the OL they have in-house. At least one of these last 2 picks should have been OL.

People seem to be forgetting we basically got two OL in the 1st.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 03:49 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe if I get a free week, I could read the 115 pages to get a sense of the fun.

Nah, really you didn't miss out on anything.  You know the typical "I hate this pick", "I wanted that guy" stuff.  There have been some good one liners here and there. Not worth 115 pages of reading though.
Reply/Quote
I think the Cincinnati Bengals are sticking true to their big board and just grabbing the best available player. So a lot of these pics aren't going to make sense I guess in terms of need.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 03:49 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe if I get a free week, I could read the 115 pages to get a sense of the fun.

Cliff notes version: Every pick is terrible and every pick is good.

You’ve been spared.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 03:50 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What does our line look like now? I’m not nearly caught up with the nfl in the last 3 or 4 years.

Former Bills LT, 4th round UGA Guard we drafted a while ago, this years 1st round Center, do we still have that Arkansas G?, Then all the other disappointments fight for RT?

Cordy Glenn - Clint Boling - Billy Price - Christian Westerman - Jake Fisher
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 03:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cordy Glenn - Clint Boling - Billy Price - Christian Westerman - Jake Fisher

What happened to that Guard we drafted high? Did he start sucking or did we not want to pay him?
Reply/Quote
Pro Football Weekly rated Brown the 4th best DT in the draft and gave him a Round 2 grade.
Reply/Quote