Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license
(09-10-2015, 12:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm going to go with Republican because I can't think of too many Democrats/liberals that would welcome support from Huckabee AND I'm not too sure Huckabee would want to help a Democrat/liberal regardless of religious affiliation.

Plus: Republicans are more known for standing up for their convictions than Democrats. Ninja

Huckabee is showing a willingnes to "step across the aisle". Something we need more of our elected officials to do.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-10-2015, 12:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I said I don't see the point in coming out of anything.   They can do as they wish on social media, I may think it's pointless but I also have the ability to unfollow.

The bold is another lie.  "Your" directly contradicting yourself.
(09-10-2015, 12:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and trying to get out of work.

Are you at work?
(09-10-2015, 12:37 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Are you at work?

Yes. Go back to *you're catfight with Lucie.

(09-10-2015, 12:26 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Is this real ***** life right now???? You NEVER gave the impression that you wanted them to change?!?!?

Yeah that was in response to forcing others at a public school. The difference is that no one has the ability to opt out of their lives like they would on social media or even in public life.
(09-10-2015, 12:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes. Go back to *you're catfight with Lucie.

You can have him/her. It's nothing but jibba jabba Bollocks anyway
(09-10-2015, 12:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Huckabee is showing a willingnes to "step across the aisle". Something we need more of our elected officials to do.

I agree with working with the other side. I don't like his progressive agenda but I do appreciate and respect his willingness to find a compromise.
(09-10-2015, 12:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah that was in response to forcing others at a public school.   The difference is that no one has the ability to opt out of their lives like they would on social media or even in public life.

Forcing others to do what at a public school? I saw plenty of guys and girls holding hands, hugging, kissing, and honestly, a lot more stuff too when I was in public school. It wouldn't have affected me one bit if I saw two guys doing the same stuff. Why would it have? I really don't understand what the big deal is.

You even mentioned social media specifically in your post, yet not you're saying it's okay for them to do it on social media. There's no consistency there, a week ago you were against them "coming out" on social media, and today you're saying they're free to do whatever they'd like on social media. Well, which one is it then?
(09-10-2015, 11:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Apostolic Christian

Anyone know what Political Party she belongs to? I'm just curious as not too long ago a group of Democrats tried to get out of working in my area because the Republicans were doing all the work. Which, citing their right to subsidies, they couldn't participate in.

Democrat.

And that's good for them with the rest. They must not be in agriculture, though, as Republicans love to subsidize that one. Or gas and oil, they love those, too. I think it's still around $2.5 billion. Merchant marine shipping. The local level GOP has subsidized the film industry in several states.

Sooo.... you people are, what? Teachers? That seems to be the only industry the GOP won't give kickbacks to.
(09-10-2015, 12:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes. Go back to *you're catfight with Lucie.

I just thought it ironic you're belittling others for getting out of work while you're getting out of work yourself.
(09-10-2015, 11:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have no problem with gays getting married.   If they can find a church or an officiant willing to do it then fine.    

I don't think there should be any gov marriage for anyone.

Which only works if the government isn't involved in anyone's life.

Which, no, it's not possible in our current society.
(09-10-2015, 01:24 PM)Benton Wrote: Democrat.

And that's good for them with the rest. They must not be in agriculture, though, as Republicans love to subsidize that one. Or gas and oil, they love those, too. I think it's still around $2.5 billion. Merchant marine shipping. The local level GOP has subsidized the film industry in several states.

Sooo.... you people are, what? Teachers? That seems to be the only industry the GOP won't give kickbacks to.

No, the GOP subsidizes big industry. The DNC subsidizes individuals. And everyone gives the shaft to the middle, including small business owners and farmers.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-10-2015, 12:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah that was in response to forcing others at a public school.   The difference is that no one has the ability to opt out of their lives like they would on social media or even in public life.

It was in response to homosexuals being honest with others about their sexuality.  Period.
(09-10-2015, 01:21 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Forcing others to do what at a public school? I saw plenty of guys and girls holding hands, hugging, kissing, and honestly, a lot more stuff too when I was in public school. It wouldn't have affected me one bit if I saw two guys doing the same stuff. Why would it have? I really don't understand what the big deal is.

You even mentioned social media specifically in your post, yet not you're saying it's okay for them to do it on social media. There's no consistency there, a week ago you were against them "coming out" on social media, and today you're saying they're free to do whatever they'd like on social media. Well, which one is it then?

On the social media....  I just mentioned that I don't see the point of coming out to anyone other than friends or family.   And that people doing it on social media are possibly looking for something positive from strangers.  Which I don't really care one way or another.   I just think it's personal business.

On your school point... We will be getting into weeds on this. But I think that school should not be promoting anything that's personal one way or another. I don't think PDA is acceptable for anyone but I know it happens . They can acknowledge whatever but forcing it on any kid is where I draw the line. Like forcing girls to accept a boy into the girls locker room because he says he is a girl. They shouldn't be forced. Nor should anyone be forced to to pray to Jesus because there was a painting posted in a hallway.
(09-10-2015, 01:24 PM)Benton Wrote: Democrat.

So you're saying you have to be employed to get these GOP subsidies.

(09-10-2015, 01:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: On the social media....  I just mentioned that I don't see the point of coming out to anyone other than friends or family.   And that people doing it on social media are possibly looking for something positive from strangers.  Which I don't really care one way or another.   I just think it's personal business.

Why would they be looking for something positive from strangers when just a little while ago you wrote social media like facebook was for family?

You flip more than an Olympic gymnast.
(09-10-2015, 12:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm going to go with Republican because I can't think of too many Democrats/liberals that would welcome support from Huckabee AND I'm not too sure Huckabee would want to help a Democrat/liberal regardless of religious affiliation.

Plus: Republicans are more known for standing up for their convictions than Democrats. Ninja

She's a Democrat. But that's due mostly to election laws in Kentucky. You can only vote for the candidate of your registered party in the primary.

Most people just run as Democrats, since the majority of voters are registered Dems. At the local levels, anyway. When you get to the federal and state level, Kentucky votes pretty heavily toward Republican. If a few GOP gubernatorial candidates didn't run on Right to Work legislation the last several elections, we probably wouldn't have had a Democrat governor since Collins or Jones. 
(09-10-2015, 01:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're saying you have to be employed to get these GOP subsidies.

Define employed.
(09-10-2015, 01:28 PM)Benton Wrote: Which only works if the government isn't involved in anyone's life.

Which, no, it's not possible in our current society.

Remove all "benefits" then..... After all that's all we heard was that they wanted the equal benefits.

And I agree gov is way to involved in our lives.
(09-10-2015, 01:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Remove all "benefits" then.....   After all that's all we heard was that they wanted the equal benefits.  

And I agree gov is way to involved in our lives.

Mellow

You want to get rid of the Constitution? WTF Lucie!?

Mellow