Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-27-2018, 02:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: OK.  Well it's time to cut bait on this one if you don't want to run the risk of facing a Dem Senate.  Just too much of a mess.  

Also a lot of support from voters for dumping Kavanaugh. A female justice is an easier sell and can lessen the damage this has caused. Trump has already hinted at replacing him. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-27-2018, 02:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Also a lot of support from voters for dumping Kavanaugh. A female justice is an easier sell and can lessen the damage this has caused. Trump has already hinted at replacing him. 

Dems should probably push for a vote.  They'll get two Republicans.  Trump pulls him he can claim all sorts of things, how he believes him, how he's a good man, but it's just too much.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-27-2018, 02:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Dems should probably push for a vote.  They'll get two Republicans.  Trump pulls him he can claim all sorts of things, how he believes him, how he's a good man, but it's just too much.  

After today, it may not just be Collins and Murkowskis they're worried about, it may also be Sasse and Flake. 

(09-27-2018, 02:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: After today, it may not just be Collins and Murkowskis they're worried about, it may also be Sasse and Flake. 

You don't want to lose the vote.  Pull the nomination and blame it on partisanship.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

While I don't know if any of the allegations are true, I am reminded of Penn State when people question why it takes so long to expose these things.

We live in a world where a man raped children for years and it was hidden by his boss and coworkers to protect a football team. A man walked in on him raping a child and continued to work with him for a decade. He had victims who are now adults that we know of who didn't come forward until it was exposed.

(09-27-2018, 02:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Dems should probably push for a vote.  They'll get two Republicans.  Trump pulls him he can claim all sorts of things, how he believes him, how he's a good man, but it's just too much.  

I'm honestly a little surprised the GOP hasn't told him to withdraw. They're in a pickle with more women coming forward with more allegations. The longer it goes on, the less it looks like they're in control. And the shorter the time they have to get a replacement on before the election (in case they lose). 

Or maybe they have, and Kavanaugh wanted to push forward.
(09-27-2018, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So political parties try to stop the other political party from gaining control of the Supreme Court (Republicans-Graland, Democrats-Kavanaugh)?

And you think this is some huge secret?

Did you know that water is wet?

Sometimes, it's wetter than you think ! 

I mean, in a standpoint of water.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(09-27-2018, 02:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You don't want to lose the vote.  Pull the nomination and blame it on partisanship.

I agree with this. This would be Trumps best move. Kav going down by vote is a blow.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(09-27-2018, 02:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I watching her testify and give her more credit than the 2 of you. This is one very bright woman. 

One can be bright and think the way I expressed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
It is troubling that she was never made aware of the option to come out to California and interview her privately.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

What if they vote and it's 50-50 and Pence breaks the tie with a down vote? Now that would be some entertaining shit.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-27-2018, 03:51 PM)GMDino Wrote:

I don't know whether to be exasperated by his sexism or to be exasperated by his blindness. Ninja
So do you think Time Magazine has their cover ready for December? LOL

(09-27-2018, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So political parties try to stop the other political party from gaining control of the Supreme Court (Republicans-Graland, Democrats-Kavanaugh)?

And you think this is some huge secret?

Did you know that water is wet?

NO! only DemocRATS!

And I'm not sure about water. But I do know that hurricanes can be very wet. Some wetter than others.
(09-27-2018, 03:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: One can be bright and think the way I expressed.

Sure, she just doesn't seem that naive to me

(09-27-2018, 04:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure, she just doesn't seem that naive to me

I don't see it as naivete. Also, trauma does weird things to people in the way they justify things to themselves.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-27-2018, 03:51 PM)GMDino Wrote:

Seems MS Anderson wants to piece-mill Hatch's comment for some reason: He didn't say she was  attractive and a good witness, He said she was an attractive, good witness. When asked to clarify he said pleasing. It's a sad world when you cannot comment on someone in a positive manner without being classified/ twisted into being  a sexist

(09-27-2018, 04:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's a sad world when you cannot comment on someone in a positive manner without being classified/ twisted into being  a sexist

It is not sad.  It is true.

Not one senator will describe Kavanaugh as "handsome, a good witness".
(09-27-2018, 04:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems MS Anderson wants to piece-mill Hatch's comment for some reason: He didn't say she was  attractive and a good witness, He said she was an attractive, good witness. When asked to clarify he said pleasing. It's a sad world when you cannot comment on someone in a positive manner without being classified/ twisted into being  a sexist

Oh....okay Mr Webster.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.