Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-27-2018, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The crazy thing is: Everybody nationwide and here suggested the accuser would be unfairly attacked. Yet during her testimony both in here and in the hearing folks have done nothing but attack the accused.

Look in the mirror much?

There was a discussion that covered two + pages about her wanting her letter to be anonymous.  There is now a discussion about his use of politics.  Neither is an attack but a discussion of what they said.

Relax.  Your boy will get a SCJ sooner rather than later.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-27-2018, 05:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: I dunno Matt...apparently we aren't as "open minded" as others watching this.  I'm sure it's just my bias.  Sad

I didn't watch it at all and am not really following it. My commentary is based upon his history and I am just pointing out that it would make it not surprising that he becomes partisan in his defense.

(09-27-2018, 05:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Circle jerk aside. I suppose neither of you would confront a person and/or their motives for trying to ruin your life. He described exactly what is happening, but he's not "allowed" to do so because he's a judge. 

He described exactly what is happening? I see some opinions in his statements, which is fine, he is entitled to them. But opinions are just that and the subjective nature of them means they aren't going to be exact. Also, as I stated above, my commentary about him being a partisan actor is just based on his history and really has nothing to do with the allegations against him other than explaining his defense methods. I have been saying this since before the first allegation came out against him. He is a political operative, which is not something I want to see on the SCOTUS.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-27-2018, 05:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I didn't watch it at all and am not really following it. My commentary is based upon his history and I am just pointing out that it would make it not surprising that he becomes partisan in his defense.
But being that partisan, doesn't that mean he's EXTREMELY well informed politically? Ninja
(09-27-2018, 05:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I do not recall that caveat in your original post.  It was oath vs message board dude. Wink

I'm happy to clarify!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Dude just say you would like an FBI investigation. You have no real say.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-27-2018, 05:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I didn't watch it at all and am not really following it. My commentary is based upon his history and I am just pointing out that it would make it not surprising that he becomes partisan in his defense.

He described exactly what is happening? I see some opinions in his statements, which is fine, he is entitled to them. But opinions are just that and the subjective nature of them means they aren't going to be exact. Also, as I stated above, my commentary about him being a partisan actor is just based on his history and really has nothing to do with the allegations against him other than explaining his defense methods. I have been saying this since before the first allegation came out against him. He is a political operative, which is not something I want to see on the SCOTUS.

I usually have NPR on in my office so I've heard most of it.  Listening, to me, is better than watching.  I'm not influenced by theatrics.  

Although Lindsey is making a strong case for an acting job.  lol.

Without knowing a bunch about his history I will say he seems to be a guy who really, really worked to get where he is with the desire to get further and the fact that he may not get there is really, really, pissing him off.  
Graham isn't helping him at all. The Dems didn't act like this. Significant difference.

(09-27-2018, 05:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Dude just say you would like an FBI investigation.  You have no real say.

Yep.  He's giving the "lawyer" answers.  It's not time to play politics.  Again, just my opinion.
We heard nothing about politics earlier. Politics is all they got. Crazy to witness.

(09-27-2018, 05:35 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: None whatsoever

What should they have asked that they didn't?

Meh, I see him call him as he sees it. Everybody here (you included) have stated the reason the Dems are doing this is because of what the GOP did with Garland. When he calls folks out for doing exactly that; he's not allowed to because he's a political operative. I'd just as soon see someone on SCOTUS that calls it as he/she sees it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

So he admits he can't hold his liquor, and is a sloppy drunk. This is getting crazy.

(09-27-2018, 05:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: I usually have NPR on in my office so I've heard most of it.  Listening, to me, is better than watching.  I'm not influenced by theatrics.  

Although Lindsey is making a strong case for an acting job.  lol.

Without knowing a bunch about his history I will say he seems to be a guy who really, really worked to get where he is with the desire to get further and the fact that he may not get there is really, really, pissing him off.  

Kevin Spacey on House of Cards.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

They are letting Kavanaugh of the hook to easy.

Asked about if he is the guy Judge called "Kavanaugh" in his book who stole a car while drunk. Kavanaugh said he does not know. They need to ask judge.

So how the hell can a guy not know if he got drunk and stole a car or not? yet he would not deny it.

When they asked him about the yearbook all he talked about was what a great student and athlete he was. Refused to answer if the yearbook quote reflected his opinion on women at the time Said it was ridiculous to judge a Supreme Court nominee on what was written in a yearbook when what was written in a yearbook reflected directly on whether or not he was guilty of sexual assault.
devils triangle? He's teaching me somethin...... I think we should get together as a board and try it pre game.

(09-27-2018, 05:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What should they have asked that they didn't?

He asked if there was tough questions asked. I don’t think there was, do you?
(09-27-2018, 05:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: There was a discussion that covered two + pages about her wanting her letter to be anonymous.  There is now a discussion about his use of politics.  Neither is an attack but a discussion of what they said.

Relax.  Your boy will get a SCJ sooner rather than later.

Yeah but the Dems decided it ignore her wishes when he passed the first interview. Hell he wasn't make preference; he's not conservative enough. 

(09-27-2018, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I'd just as soon see someone on SCOTUS that calls it as he/she sees it. 

I hope not. That's not the job.
It appears the GOP has fired their expert

(09-27-2018, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, I see him call him as he sees it. Everybody here (you included) have stated the reason the Dems are doing this is because of what the GOP did with Garland. When he calls folks out for doing exactly that; he's not allowed to because he's a political operative. I'd just as soon see someone on SCOTUS that calls it as he/she sees it. 

I'm not saying he can't say these things. I'm saying the reason I don't want him on SCOTUS is because is a partisan actor and that is not something that we should have on the court. Different approaches to interpretation is one thing, but his history is an unprecedented thing on the bench.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR