Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-27-2018, 06:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, maybe the GOP leaked the letter. We do know Booker would never do anything such as that.

FWIW, I don't think 1 Dem has asked him about the sexual assault. Why wouldn't they do that? 

I believe Sen Leahy has some experience with that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-27-2018, 06:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course she was treated with kid gloves. She asserted she drank 1 beer at the gathering (doesn't know when it happened, where it happened, or apparently who was there) but she clearly remembers only drinking 1 beer.

As to Kavs, they have not stop asking him about drinking. Fred's just being biased. 

You know "Kavs" pretty good do you? You can vouch for him can you?
Did Orien Hatch ever find his glasses?
Thanks.
(09-27-2018, 06:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the point has been proven both here and in the hearing. One of these people have been treated fairly by both sides. Yet, the left cannot recognize their venom.

The only thing that has been proven is that you keep thinking your opinion is a fact.

What question should they have asked Ford that they didn't?
(09-27-2018, 06:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey I provided an example. Does that count?

Sorry I missed it.

What should they have asked Ford that they did not?
(09-27-2018, 06:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They asked her about the drinking.

What question should they have asked her that they did not?

Maybe if there was a book written by one of her friends about them drinking and partying like animals they would have more specific questions to ask her.  Maybe if her yearbook had quotes like "100 kegs or bust" or "Beach Week Ralph Club" they might have some more questions about her drinking.

For real; you're a lawyer and asking me this? Lets try these:

How do you not know where you drank it, but clearly remember only drinking one beer?

What kind of beer was it? What size was it?

Did you have a habit of drinking beer at 15?

At 15 how many beers did it take to get you inebriated?

How often did you go to parties and drink beer at 15?

Did the unknown person that took you home drink any beer?

Although I'm not a lawyer I could go on and on. 

C'mon Fred. At least give the appearance of objectivity. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

What is the difference if there is a FBI Investigation ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(09-27-2018, 06:29 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: My political beliefs led me to be a registered Dem for over 30 years.

I never said it only applied to one side.

When you can not explain why you have an opinion about a political issue then you are just blindly taking a side.
(09-27-2018, 06:41 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: What is the difference if there is a FBI Investigation ?

Potential witnesses would be interviewed.
What you do high school shouldn't be held against someone. He didn't rape anyone. He was just a typical cocky rich kid. If he was a virgin how could he rape someone? This whole thing is a waste of time. Good example of why elections have consequences.
(09-27-2018, 06:46 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: What you do high school shouldn't be held against someone. He didn't rape anyone. He was just a typical cocky rich kid. If he was a virgin how could he rape someone? This whole thing is a waste of time. Good example of why elections have consequences.

First of all I hope you are just joking.

But what about lying about it now?  Is it also okay to lie under oath if you are going to be a Supreme Court Justice?
Lindsey Graham you is da man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKSRUK-l7dM
(09-27-2018, 06:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all I hope you are just joking.

But what about lying about it now?  Is it also okay to lie under oath if you are going to be a Supreme Court Justice?

Where's the joke? He didn't rape anyone, it was high school. He committed no crime.

These democrat pond scum is going after him as if this alleged assault took place 2 years ago.
(09-27-2018, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Potential witnesses would be interviewed.

Doesn't sound like a big deal to clear your name.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(09-27-2018, 05:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Gotta say that I would be forceful (and perhaps come across as angry) if I was proclaiming my innocence also.

I don't take his tone as a sign of anything other than his way of defending himself.

He's done other things wrong when it's come to defending himself but his tone isn't one of them.

It wouldn't matter to you if he cried, angry or remained level headed.
He's still guilty as far as you are concerned.
People are going to play this game out. I say the Republicans just vote him in and get the dog and pony show over with.
(09-27-2018, 07:08 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Doesn't sound like a big deal to clear your name.

You really think that is the FBI conducted an investigation and found no additional information; his name would be cleared by everybody?

Even the we believe the survivors group?

As to the tires FBI story. The Dems had months to call for a conditional FBI investigation and did nothing. The GOP asked for a full committee investigation  2 weeks ago and the Dems refused. The GOP offered to go to Ford and conduct an investigation in private and apparently she was not made aware of this option. He is currently testifying before that same committee and not one question about the night in question.

The Dems have no ground to assert that their motive is the truth; anyone with any objectivity knows that that is the least of their concerns. 

(09-27-2018, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Potential witnesses would be interviewed.

She doesn't know where or when it happened. There are no potential witnesses, besides the people she named. None of them have any idea what she is talking about. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(09-27-2018, 06:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course justice should be blind but every SCOTUS justice I've ever seen nominated had a history of political leanings. Hell Kagan was counsel for Clinton, but somehow Kavs is unprecedented.  

None have been as partisan as Kavanaugh. We know this even without seeing all of the documents for him and seeing everything from Kagan because the Republicans demanded it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-27-2018, 07:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: None have been as partisan as Kavanaugh. We know this even without seeing all of the documents for him and seeing everything from Kagan because the Republicans demanded it.

So then it's not unprecedented. Just not "as" unprecedented; in you opinion. I could probably dig deeper and fine more examples. I just decided to go with the most recent one.

(09-27-2018, 06:41 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: What is the difference if there is a FBI Investigation ?

Why don't you take a listen to what one of your idols had to say about an FBI investigation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKZjR_n7R8w
(09-27-2018, 07:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So then it's not unprecedented. Just not "as" unprecedented; in you opinion. I could probably dig deeper and fine more examples. I just decided to go with the most recent one.

No, my statement still stands. It is unprecedented to have someone that was a partisan actor nominated to the bench in this way. Kagan's roles were not partisan in the way Kavanaugh's were when he worked for political campaigns.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR