Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-27-2018, 07:25 PM)6andcounting Wrote: She doesn't know where or when it happened. There are no potential witnesses, besides the people she named. None of them have any idea what she is talking about. 

Relevant to rule of law/ jurisprudence, irrelevant to democrats because they are driven at to destroy this man at all costs.

Now they're asking Kavanaugh about the word  "farting" being written in his high school yearbook. So pathetic.
(09-27-2018, 07:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, my statement still stands. It is unprecedented to have someone that was a partisan actor nominated to the bench in this way. Kagan's roles were not partisan in the way Kavanaugh's were when he worked for political campaigns.

Of course your statement still stands to you; despite the recent  example provided, It is not unprecedented for a SCOTUS justice to have a hidtory in politics or as you call them a political operative. You can argue the degree all you want, but you cannot support "stand by" your statement that it is unprecedented. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-27-2018, 07:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, my statement still stands. It is unprecedented to have someone that was a partisan actor nominated to the bench in this way. Kagan's roles were not partisan in the way Kavanaugh's were when he worked for political campaigns.

Taft mighta been a bit partisan.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-27-2018, 08:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Taft mighta been a bit partisan.

Interestingly enough, I don't think he was as partisan as you'd think. The partisan divide wasn't the same as it has been in the past 30-40 years.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-27-2018, 08:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Interestingly enough, I don't think he was as partisan as you'd think. The partisan divide wasn't the same as it has been in the past 30-40 years.

Still it’s hard to top having been president.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-27-2018, 08:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But it’s hard to top having been president.
Hell, I just googles a random SCOUTUS and he was the attorney general for Truman, During that time he was the Champion of Truman's anti-communism viewed that were debated by many. One just needs google him to find more.   There is no bias precedent to Kav's background. 

I like beer.
(09-27-2018, 07:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You really think that is the FBI conducted an investigation and found no additional information; his name would be cleared by everybody?

Maybe forthe only time ever,you and hrc agree.
Gee... I don't think we need a hothead who buys into conspiracy theories on the Supreme Court for life.

It's bad enough we have one of those in the White House.

Also, seeing this emotional outburst at not getting things just the way he wants them, I have to question his self-control... which makes me think that Dr. Ford's accusation is true.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(09-27-2018, 09:22 PM)Benton Wrote: Maybe forthe only time ever,you and hrc agree.

Nah, Hills and I agree on quite a bit. I've always said she's the best we could hope for as a DEM POTUS. But I dip agree that folks will still try to blame Bengahzi , but those folks are just irrational/ 

(09-27-2018, 07:16 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It wouldn't matter to you if he cried, angry or remained level headed.
He's still guilty as far as you are concerned.
People are going to play this game out. I say the Republicans just vote him in and get the dog and pony show over with.

So I was in a meeting from 6-8...did Kavanaugh ever answer the question if he ever drank until he couldn't remember something or did he keep yelling the question back at whoever asked him?  Did he explain why he wrote about having to "piece together" his night before after organizing a "party" being on a bus all day, a baseball game, drinking and then getting home at 4:45am?  Did he ever say HE wanted an FBI investigation?

I do know he likes beer.  Lots of beer.  Sometimes too much beer.

Good for him!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Obviously, I haven't read through all the posts, but the Dems are destroying themselves. They're getting desperate and trying to bring up things from 36(?) years ago to try and stop the Republicans from getting an even stronger hold on the government.

I've seen where Democrats are even leaving the party in big numbers because people are realizing that they don't need to play the victim because everyone is winning under Trump.

I think it's hilariously pathetic that Democrats are getting this desperate and trying everything they can to stop the shift of the country that's happening, and that's the realization that we're better as one and that everyone wins when we're strong as a whole.
I had a feeling the angry, yelling guy who wouldn't answer questions directly, blamed everything on the Clintons and the left and who praised Trump would win Trump over.   Smirk

I liked the comparison to the Neil Gorsuch nomination.

Same committee.
Same President nominating.
No accusations.

No problems.

Conspiracy theory debunked.
(09-27-2018, 09:51 PM)GMDino Wrote:

Yeah. Y'know, outside of a rich white boy not getting something he feels entitled to, I don't see how not getting the nomination messes up his life so much. He still has his federal judge position, his $200K a year salary, his multi-million dollar home (which, technically he shouldn't be able to afford, but somehow does).

Life is hard when you are tinfoil hat-wearing snowflake hothead, eh!
(09-27-2018, 09:49 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I liked the comparison to the Neil Gorsuch nomination.

Same committee.
Same President nominating.
No accusations.

No problems.

Conspiracy theory debunked.

Yep.  It was still all along party lines.  The Democrats filibustered (because of Garland, I'm sure) but none this wild conspiracy theory stuff.

Weird they would TOTALLY make stuff up and ruin the lives of three hitherto unknown women just to stop Kavanaugh.   Mellow
(09-27-2018, 09:51 PM)GMDino Wrote:

Is that how you approach determining the truth?

(09-27-2018, 09:56 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yeah. Y'know, outside of a rich white boy not getting something he feels entitled to, I don't see how not getting the nomination messes up his life so much. He still has his federal judge position, his $200K a year salary, his multi-million dollar home (which, technically he shouldn't be able to afford, but somehow does).

Life is hard when you are tinfoil hat-wearing snowflake hothead, eh!

Forever being thought of as a rapist if he’s innocent is pretty ruinous.

(09-27-2018, 09:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: I had a feeling the angry, yelling guy who wouldn't answer questions directly, blamed everything on the Clintons and the left and who praised Trump would win Trump over.   Smirk

I know. Can you imagine being angry?