Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lewis Out!!
Praise the lord baby jesus
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:48 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If you want to get back to .500 you most definitely call Marvin. 

16 years of evidence to support that.

Had MBrown not given Marvin a 2 yr extension last year, the Browns would have likely hired Marvin imo.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just out of curiosity what’s Dalton’s record vs winning teams?

Ida know...better than Cousins, I'm sure.  The issue with Cousins is that he got a super crazy QB deal.  The first of many, I'm sure...but he's got to do more than lose home win-and-ins now that he isn't on the crapo Deadskins anymore.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:36 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I mean he did win a playoff game and made it to the NFC championship in his 3rd or 4th year?? That's not too shabby. 

1 win in playoffs a fluke play, zero success here in 0layoffs.  I'm not totally crushing Zimmer my point is if we want to change Zimmer is not a change he was under lewis he has long connections with the Brown  And has under achieved in the playoffss
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:42 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: And we only need one more long time tenured person to walk out the door...

True dat......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cousins was not the problem.  He had 4000+ yds, 30 tds and a 100 passer rating.

Zimmer could not make the playoffs with a team that was willing to spend huge amounts of money on free agents.  How do you expect him to win in Cincinnati?

This kinda hurts because we debated Zimmer a few years ago but here goes.

I agree with you Fred, Zimmer doesn't seem to be a much better option for HC if you are looking to win a SB. The AFCN just became a much harder division with the rise of Cleveland. 

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 1 win in playoffs a fluke play, zero success here in 0layoffs.  I'm not totally crushing Zimmer my point is if we want to change Zimmer is not a change he was under lewis he has long connections with the Brown  And has under achieved in the playoffss

He has 1 playoff win, but they got a first round bye so that counts for something extra.  At any rate, Zimmer isn't leaving the Vikings, so it's a moot AND a mute point.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:45 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: By the time you fire someone, you already have an idea which direction you're moving forward. I don't have a good feeling about this.

Me either. The search will reveal a lot. If they get a young gun, I’m wondering if that’s a trigger for a rebuild also? If they hire an experienced guy, will they restrict their search for guys who who have ties to the franchise? Hopefully they take their time and do a thorough job
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For crying out loud, if not for the biggest fluke play in playoff history he would have never won a post season game.  

I’ll take a HC that’s good enough to get us a 1st rd bye. It’s a start.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:38 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He's done quite well in Minnesota. If his franchise didn't drink in the Kirk Koolaid they'd probably have had a much more productive season this year.

I'd take Zimmer in a heartbeat. We should be so lucky. 

You must not have seen Minnesota's defense yesterday...awful!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:53 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I agree with you Fred

That always kinda hurts for a lot of people on this board.  LMAO
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For crying out loud, if not for the biggest fluke play in playoff history he would have never won a post season game.  

For crying out loud, if not for the biggest fluke missed kick in playoff history, Zimmer would have 2 playoff wins.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know...better than Cousins, I'm sure.  The issue with Cousins is that he got a super crazy QB deal.  The first of many, I'm sure...but he's got to do more than lose home win-and-ins now that he isn't on the crapo Deadskins anymore.

They definitely overpaid him. But to me Cousins, Dalton, Stafford, Smith, etc are all right round each other. You can win with them but A LOT has to go right.

Reply/Quote
Zimmer is staying in Minnesota, so at least we will have the luxury of being able to compare him to the guy we actually make HC.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They definitely overpaid him. But to me Cousins, Dalton, Stafford, Smith, etc are all right round each other. You can win with them but A LOT has to go right.

This year was a bad year for higly paid QBs.  This year the 6 highest paid QBs are all staying home for the playoffs.

1. Aaron Rodgers: $33.5M

2. Matt Ryan: $30M
3. Kirk Cousins: $28M
4. Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5M
5. Matthew Stafford: $27M
6. Derek Carr: $25M

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018/12/30/highest-paid-quarterbacks-arent-making-the-playoffs-rodgers-garoppolo-cousins-ryan/
Reply/Quote
Call me crazy, and I know this would never happen but I think Tim Tebow would be a very good coach down the line somewhere. I think he’s a great motivator and people would love to play for the guy. Roast me if you want. Just an outside of the box opinion
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This year was a bad year for higly paid QBs.  This year the 6 highest paid QBs are all staying home for the playoffs.

1. Aaron Rodgers: $33.5M

2. Matt Ryan: $30M
3. Kirk Cousins: $28M
4. Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5M
5. Matthew Stafford: $27M
6. Derek Carr: $25M

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018/12/30/highest-paid-quarterbacks-arent-making-the-playoffs-rodgers-garoppolo-cousins-ryan/
Ouch.  And Jimmy G has been home since September.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This is from the Bengals in my email as a season ticket holder.  I believe we will not be hiring a coach in the next couple days also the Browns have always been supportive of diversity in the NFL, I would not be surprised if they look at a few non white coaches to take on as HC.  

Dear Valued Season Ticket Member,

We wanted you to be among the first to hear that we have decided to mutually part ways with Head Coach Marvin Lewis.  The team will begin the search for a new head coach immediately.  It expects to review many candidates and anticipates that the process will last several weeks.

I think it speaks volumes that emails have been sent out so fast to the season ticket holders of the news. If the fans would have held onto their season tickets, Marvin would most likely still be here. Mike Brown must have not liked the looks of his bottom line. I guess the fans DO make a difference.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:01 PM)McC Wrote: Ouch.  And Jimmy G has been home since September.

I also heard the 2 teams that broke the bank on the highest paid defensive players are in the playoffs.  Rams and Bears, I assume.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:01 PM)McC Wrote: Ouch.  And Jimmy G has been home since September.

I know, I drafted him in my fantasy league....lol.
Reply/Quote